Going to buy the Nyko Playpad? Here is something you should know.

Search This thread

XShadowX01

Jan 9, 2014
Hello people, i'm going to tell you something you should know if you are going to buy the Nyko Playpad.
(I'm not trying to discurage you from buying the controller i'm only gonna give you guys some info. Very good info.)
(Also, if i posted this in the wrong place, sorry, i'm new here.)

Anyway, what i was going to tell you is something that happend to me. I bought the controller to use it with my HTC Evo View 4G Tablet.
The controller claims to be compatible with any Android device, as long as it has a version of 3.0 and up, BUT, it won't work on ALL devices. (A guy from Technical Support told me this.)

So my problem is that I am able to pair the control and the tablet, but aren't able to establish a succesfull connection, after pairing the controller, they don't connect like they are suposed to, insted, the light on the controller goes back to flashing slow, I made sure everything was correct, folowed the instructions sevral times, but no luck. Clicking on the device from the list of devices wont work eather, i only get a message saying to press any key on the KEYBOARD to reconnect; pressed the hell out of the buttons sevral times and they still don't connect.

Later on this day today, i call technical support but they wernt much of help, all they told me was that not all devices are compatible, and to try to reset the controller that there is a button to do so and then to try again. I fond the pin hole but theres no botton, so there is no reset botton, nor does it say anywhare how to do so. (the hole doesn't even say "reset" like most holes.

The controller is not defective, i tried it on my friends Galaxy Tab 2 and it worked with no problem at all, it also works perfectly with my iPod 4g.

So what i'm trying to tell you is to do some background research to see if your device will be compatible, and for gods sake, make sure you are on Android 3.0 or above, some people don't even see that. (I forgot to check so myself.)

Here is a list of devices i tried and if they worked or not and a reason:

Verizon Galaxy Tab 7" (Galaxy Tab 1): Not working. Reason: Below Android 3.0
HTC Evo 4G: Not working. Reason: Below Android 3.0
Galaxy Tab 2: Working Perfectly.
iPod 4th Generation (Running IOS 6.1.3 Jailbroken): Works perfectly in iCade mode.
HTC Evo View 4G: Not working: Reason: Pairs but doesn't connect. (Yes I made sure it was running above 3.0, and my tablet is running on 3.1.2)
LG Optimus L9: Not working. Reason: Pairs but doesn't connect. (Didn't check what Android version it was running on, my friend took it away from me befor i could check.)

I also know that it works perfectly on the Galaxy Note II.

Again, im not trying to discurage you from buying it, its one hell of a good controller, only thing is that its kind of small, but you eventually get used to it after the first day.

It would be nice to have a list of comatible devices on their website, or somewhere, in fact, if there is non, we should all make one by saying which device they tried and if it worked or not.

One last thing, if you guys know how to make it work on the HTC Evo View 4G Tablet, please tell me, perferably something not requireing root, I've Googled to death and even made an account here for help and i got no reply... Or at least how to reset the controller.

Hope this was helpful to you people who want to buy the controller, if i made you change your mind about the controller, sorry, but this has to be somewhere to be found and known about. Thanks for taking your time reading this, and if you decide to help on my little connection problem, also thanks. :)

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
I know this thread is kinda old, but I just got one and am having trouble connecting. There is a little pinhole and a button down inside of it. You have to push straight down and you'll be able to feel it.

XShadowX01

Jan 9, 2014
I know this thread is kinda old, but I just got one and am having trouble connecting. There is a little pinhole and a button down inside of it. You have to push straight down and you'll be able to feel it.

Whoa sorry for the year late reply, but i actually tried that pinhole thing and didn't fix it, i figured it was just my ex HTC tablet that was not compatible... so i guess just because it was in the 3.0+ or whatever, it doesnt really meen it will work, to this day, i gave the tablet to my little neice, and its still not compatible lol... but i have a Tab 4 7.0 and a Note 2 i use it with cx