Facebook app force closes frequently

Search This thread

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I've had my G3 for 2 days now. It is not yet rooted or tweaked aside from available options within the stock ROM. Everything seems to be working perfectly except Facebook. It works about half the time. but the other half it will open, freeze for a second, then just close. I've attempted to reboot the phone as well as even uninstalling/reinstalling the app to see if it solves it but it continues to happen.

My guess is that the app is having an issue with the extremely high display resolution. But if that were true I'd imagine other apps would be experiencing similar problems.

Any ideas?

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Now I can't even get facebook to open. it just freezes and hangs there. Hitting the home button a few times finally gets it back tot he homescreen to kill the app but it happens again every time.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO

What's funny is I just switched from DALVIK to ART. Not only is my phone SIGNIFICANTLY snappier now, but Facebook is now working flawlessly. :laugh:

...of topic

For those looking to eliminate all lag:
1) Go to Settings / Developer Options / Select Runtime then select "Use ART" and approve the change. The phone will reboot and optimize your apps (which takes a few minutes) but it's well worth it.

2) Go to Settings / Developer Options and change "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" all down from 1x to .5x

After doing both of these my G3 now feels as snappy as my completely optimized Nexus 5 was.

Last edited:

bdogan1912

Oct 22, 2013
İzmir
OnePlus 7T
OPPO Reno4 4G
I've had my G3 for 2 days now. It is not yet rooted or tweaked aside from available options within the stock ROM. Everything seems to be working perfectly except Facebook. It works about half the time. but the other half it will open, freeze for a second, then just close. I've attempted to reboot the phone as well as even uninstalling/reinstalling the app to see if it solves it but it continues to happen.

My guess is that the app is having an issue with the extremely high display resolution. But if that were true I'd imagine other apps would be experiencing similar problems.

Any ideas?

If you BETA TESTER of facebook android app it can possible. I'm on beta stage of app that i receiving continuously updates for app. For now if i touch or tap to see comments app shutdowns. It's only allowing me likes. In prev. beta versions it wasn't allowed to browse albums of pages or friends. This is common problem on beta app. Otherwise the only way is seems to mail dev. team.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Thanks for the response. Since posting this thread I've actually gone back to my Nexus 5 and sold the G3. I was running into the same force close issue with facebook on the Nexus 5. I opted out of beta and now just use the stable version of the app and have no issues.

And for anyone wondering why I switched back. I realized after about 2 months of use that I just wasn't going to get used to the 5.5" screen. It's simply too big for me. That and lack of development support really had me missing my Nexus 5.