[Q] How to disable firmwar update notifications on Moto G ?

Search This thread

OzzyMadhoux

Jan 26, 2014
Hi, a short time ago i have returned again on my Moto G from firmware version 4.4.2 kitkat to stock firmware 4.3 because of lag on vibrations. But i can not disable update notification anyway and it appears each 30 min. on screen. Have you any suggestion to disable that fool thing ? That's really started to annoy me.

(it doesn't work to disabling "Google-Service-Framework" on that path "Settings> Apps > All Services" )

lowrider262

Jan 26, 2011
Racine, WI
If you're rooted, use a file manager app and go to system/app and rename 3c_ota.apk to 3c_ota.apk.bak & reboot

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

alpine101

Jan 28, 2012
First install FOTAkill as described here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249350

This worked for me for some weeks.
But then, messing about, I clicked on some Motorola app and it seems to have registered my ID with them. And I started getting prompts again. Then I noticed, via Titanium Backup, that there's a Motorola application associated with updates, 'MotorolaOTA 1.0'. Having frozen that, the prompts have stopped.

tliebeck

Sep 15, 2010
Southern California
At least on the Verizon Moto G, I believe this is now "MotorolaOTA", package name com.motorola.ccc.ota. You can disable the package via root ("freeze" it) rather than renaming it (even with root methods that disallow writing to /system).

The APK is located at /system/priv-app/3c_ota.apk. If you're using FX with the root module (free one works) go to that file, long-press on it, tap "Details", scroll down a bit and tap "Disable Package".