Report UrukDroid bugs, errors, and questions here!

Search This thread

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
install pb - can't transfert image file

Hi guys,

I have an A70IT2 and i try to see if A70 and A70IT2 are compatible with all custom OS. I have installed BULL RC2 without pb, but i can't install Urukdroid.

My problem is that i can't mount/see my drive after install kernel.
I have framework starts, choose simple install, and when the drive is mount, i can see it, but i haven't any access (see RAW fs type under windows and ubuntu).
I had tried ext2 volume manager under windows(thunk that ext partition) and mount it under ubuntu 10, no result.

Is there another way to transfert tar.gz file to my SD to terminate installation? (maybe possible with ADB?)

Thanks,

Bizcuite

sciurius

Nov 13, 2011
johan.vromans.org
I'm still suffering from frequent freezes. Is there a way to create permanent logfiles on external SDcard for post-freeze inspection?
aLogCat can save 'frequently' but I do not know if this is sufficient.

MopheusDG

Feb 16, 2012
satisfied romongi

Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible today to see Digital TV using a DVB-T (listed as compatible) in Uruk 1.6.2. Cause I see my driver listed but cannot find any soft to download (LiveTV is not the one from chulri)... so, any ideas ?

pitflyer

Feb 16, 2010
Can I upgrade to fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6 without bad side effects? How do I backup my uruk since there is no nandroid? Thanks

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

FrEcP

Jul 29, 2006
Can I upgrade to fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6 without bad side effects? How do I backup my uruk since there is no nandroid? Thanks

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk
if u mean with "fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6" -> having both installed parralel -> update stock fw while UD is installed - yes you can. But just the stock fw will be on .82 - for UD we need to w8 for the update.

For making a backup of UD use the recovery menu of UD -> Uruk Wiki -> vol- at UD boot screen

Reactions: cstryon

Miloosebe

Mar 8, 2012
Use of external DAC ?

Hi,

I plan to buy an archos 43 IT. The only point that prevent me to buy it is that it is not possible to connect an external DAC to the usb port of the Archos 43 (as the Fiio E10). The goal is to bypass the internal DAC and use a hifi DAC to play music at home.

This feature is apparently not enabled in the default Android kernel (sorry, as a new member, I can't post external links, but it's in position 23 of the user's requests for android 4.0)

Archos recently implemented this feature in the last firmwares of the Gen9 Internet Tablet, but I doubt they foresee this for the Gen8. I thought that this could be have been implemented in Urukdroid, but a search in this forum and in google lets me think that this is not the case.

Is this possible that this feature would be implemented in a future release of urukdroid ? Otherwise, I can always try to compile my own kernel, but this is another story...

PS: Some info from linux-usb.org (sorry, I can't post links, so I quote):
USB Audio Support
USB audio systems such as speakers normally comply with the USB audio class specification. If your audio device does not comply with the specification, it will not work with Linux at this time.

You need to turn on the Sound card support kernel option, which is in the Sound section. You will then be able to turn on the USB Audio support option in the normal USB section.

If you elected to use modules, you need to load the module called audio.o.

You can test your installation by dumping some random data out to the audio interface, using a command like cat /bin/bash > /dev/dsp. USB audio is integrated into the normal Linux sound architecture, and most tools should work fine with USB speakers. See the Sound HOWTO for more details and suggestions.

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
Question

I've read a lot in the last few days and I've got a question which none had explained simple and I got confused a bit. Here is the question.
As i saw there are some methods to root my device (Archos 70, I bought it 1 month ago) and different developer editions. What is the difference if I install UrukDroid or if I use Chulri's SDE root method? I mean is there any performance difference and can I continue to play movies,music, etc along with the features provided by the root?
Question related to UrukDroid - can i use it as my daily OS?

athankar75

Sep 2, 2011
Athens
dev mapper?

Urukdroid is android on steroids and stable as rock. More memory, better performance, root= freedom to do tweaks. The only issue with last version is the devmapper (some apps doesn't installed corectly). I believe soon will be an update to solve this...

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Urukdroid is android on steroids and stable as rock. More memory, better performance, root= freedom to do tweaks. The only issue with last version is the devmapper (some apps doesn't installed corectly). I believe soon will be an update to solve this...

Well unless someone will give me some solid debug - it may not be so fast... my archos is broken and I can't use screen (just ssh on it works now), in 1.6.4 dev mapper is certainly working (that i've tested) - but there seems to be some other glitch...

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
I installed it and I'm more then pleased. I have way better performance and free memory (ram). Not to mention the OC kernel which additionaly improved my brand new A70S. I found the answers of my previous questions pretty fast since I installed it.

Are the RC updates uploaded in Uruk's page? Excuse me if I've missed it, an direct link would be great. Thanks in advice

reini1305

Dec 30, 2010
Unable to upgrade to 1.6.4

Dear all,

currently, I have installed UD 1.6.3 and wanted to upgrade to 1.6.4 due to the devicemapper bug. I downloaded the upgrade file and placed it in /data/UrukUpdate like usual, but then nothing happened. When I force update in UrukConfig, I can see a bzip2 process in top, but then nothing happens. There is no entry in /var/lib/urukdroid/update.log so I suspect the update script never starts.

Then I manually rebooted and saw UrukDroid 1.6.4 boot..., but the rootfs is still 1.6.3. How can I go back to a consistent state and redo the 1.6.4 update?

Cheers,
Reini

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Dear all,

currently, I have installed UD 1.6.3 and wanted to upgrade to 1.6.4 due to the devicemapper bug. I downloaded the upgrade file and placed it in /data/UrukUpdate like usual, but then nothing happened. When I force update in UrukConfig, I can see a bzip2 process in top, but then nothing happens. There is no entry in /var/lib/urukdroid/update.log so I suspect the update script never starts.

Then I manually rebooted and saw UrukDroid 1.6.4 boot..., but the rootfs is still 1.6.3. How can I go back to a consistent state and redo the 1.6.4 update?

Cheers,
Reini

Never mind, just got it. /data/.tmp was pointing to /sdcard/.tmp. After removing this link the update worked as usual.

mactomik

Feb 13, 2011
Broken screen Archos 101 with Urukdroid 1.6 access help

Hei,

I have broken my Urukdroid 1.6.1 Archos 101 screen and as it is too expensive to replace i would like to use it connected to my with HDMI. However I have a problem as my screen is totally smashed and HDMI is not turned on. Due broken screen I can not turn HDMI on.

I could turn on HDMI with adb or sshd but unfortunatly usb debbuging and sshd are switched off.

Also I have a wifi connection working for Archos. I can see ip is signed to archos in my home rooter configuration and ping the address but can not access device further.

If there is no other way I had and idea I could reinstall Urukdroid and before installation I would edit the Urukdroid installation packet to turn on sshd and USB debbuging so I could access device.

So if anybody countered similar problem and would be able to answer following questions it would be grate.

Questions:
1. Is there an easy way to turn on HDMI in Urukdroid with external mouse or keyboard (keyboard shortcut)?
2. Is there any other possibility to access Urukdroid without screen than
adb or sshd without doing modifications in Archos 101 configuration?
3. Can USB debuging be enabled in Urukdroid startup and if yes then how (sorry as this is not directly Urukdroid related but can not find this info in xda and google search)

Also I really be grateful if somebody with Archos 101 and SDK firmaware would post what are the exact moves needed to install Urukdroid blindly. As I have installed the SDK already I need just the part where Urukdroid packet is copied to device and installed. I have not got the screen so I need description lookinf like: boot power+volup -> 3 times voldown+power -> copy Urukpacket to device -> 2 times volup+ power -> etc.

sciurius

Nov 13, 2011
johan.vromans.org
Strange crash / reboot

Archos 10.1IT (G8, 16GB + 16GB)., UrukDroid 1.6.4
While watching a movie the device suddenly went poof! It rebooted, first UrukDroid boot (which I found a little slower than usual but actually I wasn't really paying attention), then the "Loading..." screen. After a while a slightly crippled desktop (am I allowed to say "desktop" on a tablet?) appeared. No icons, just the top bar. Immedeately following another "Loading..." and another crippled desktop, with icons but no soft keys, another "Loading..." and so on. All desktops were crippled to certain extents.
I pressed the power button for the adequate number of seconds and rebooted, first stock Android, flawless, and then rebooted UrukDroid, also flawless.

I have no idea what happened, and why it happened. Just want to let you know that it did happen.

Miloosebe

Mar 8, 2012
How to activate USB DAC

Hi,

In a previous post (#827), $aur0n said that it was possible to use an external DAC:
USB sound devices (CONFIG_SND_USB) is enabled in Uruk kernel (built in - not module).

How can I do that ? If I connect my DAC to the USB via an OTG cable, the sounds continue to go via the normal output, and I have not found how to activate the sound output through the USB.

PS: By the way, $aur0n, I just send you 15$ for your new tablet (I mention it here since I cannot post to the developper thread since I'm new to this forum) ;). And even if you choose to not buy a new one, thanks for urukdroïd, it is what convinced me to buy the Archos 43 IT.

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,
How can I do that ? If I connect my DAC to the USB via an OTG cable, the sounds continue to go via the normal output, and I have not found how to activate the sound output through the USB.

PS: By the way, $aur0n, I just send you 15$ for your new tablet (I mention it here since I cannot post to the developper thread since I'm new to this forum)

It's just compiled as a kernel module, it will require to load it and probably do some alsa configuration - I haven't made it because I don't have any DAC device - just made it as requested bye someone.

Thx for donation! I'm still looking for that sh... screen digitizer :/ - but If I don't find it in week or two I'm considering buying new A70b (a70 like it always should be :) ).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since UrukDroid has become so popular, the main thread has become full of people asking questions, reporting issues, etc.

This thread is for people who have things they need help with. Post here if you have a question about UrukDroid, or PM me if you have any bugs to report. I will put general bugs and how-tos for common questions in this post.

Fire away, and you will be helped to the best of anybodies abilities!

Make sure that in your post, include what hardware, OS, and kernel (if other than stock UrukDroid) you are using.
    Examples: A70H, UrukDroid 0.4.2
    A101, UrukDroid 0.3.1, ardatdat OC kernel

FAQ
    These are questions that have been asked often, so be sure to read through this before you make your post to see if you're issue has been solved.

How do I install the Google Market (UrukDroid 0.6)?
    1. Download the "UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2" file from the UrukDroid original post, and put it on your tablets internal storage.
    2. Download Terminal Emulator from the AppsLib market.
    3. Start it, and type the following:
    Code:
    su (accept the permission prompt)
    cp mnt/sdcard/UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2 data/UrukUpdate
    4. Reboot, and when your tablet is back up, you should see the market!

How do I check my SD card performance?
    Go to directory where you can write and were is more then 100MiB of free space and do the line. It will sync devices (flush all write caches), write 100MiB file filled with zeros, and fush caches once again to measure real write speed without buffers. Then easy math... and my laptop disk has write speed 16,66MiB/s
    Share your results here!

My screen has become unresponsive after awakening it from sleep, how do I prevent this?
    If you force a screen recalibration through the recovery menu, it seems to stop the issue from occuring again. via fisha21

What applications need to be removed to install the UrukDroid Market update (0.4.2)?
    Code:
    system/lib/libzxing.so
    system/lib/libinterstitial.so
    system/lib/libspeech.so
    system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
    system/lib/libimageutils.so
    system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
    system/app/Talk.apk
    system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/GenieWidget.apk
    system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
    system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    system/app/MarketUpdater.apk
    system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    system/app/Vending.apk
    system/app/MediaUploader.apk
    system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk

via [url=http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10835043&postcount=7]$aur0n[/url]
    is there a way to boot uruk directly, without pressing vol- and +?

Some people remove stock Android OS from boot menu level. This makes Archos always boot to SDE - witch will be in that case UrukDroid. Haven't tested it.

Edit: Since 0.5 - UrukDroid will be restarting into itself - so it will be kind of default system on tablet (to choose stock OS it will require to boot through boot menu).
    @davemon

I had installed @aur0n's UrukDroid 1.0 on my ARCHOS 101 by this step.

1. Re flash Archos's official Firmware again.
    2. Flash initramfs.cpio.gz and zImage from SDE boot menu
    2. Installation UrukDroid 1.0 framework (Advanced method on internal storage,
    Format and create new partitions)
    3. Install UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2 package --> upload to /data/UrukUpdate/)
    4. Install UrukConfig.apk

I'm very happy with Permanent Root, 1GB apps storage.
    Exactly what google apps need to be removed?
    I guess you are asking about what application has to be removed to apply UrukMarket update? All that come with this update (and are somehow required for Market to work):
    Code:
    system/lib/libzxing.so
    system/lib/libinterstitial.so
    system/lib/libspeech.so
    system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
    system/lib/libimageutils.so
    system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
    system/app/Talk.apk
    system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/GenieWidget.apk
    system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
    system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    system/app/MarketUpdater.apk
    system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    system/app/Vending.apk
    system/app/MediaUploader.apk
    system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk

@hurrpancakes: please write on top, that every question should have information what hardware, OS version and kernel info (if modified)
    eg:
    A70H, UrukDroid 0.4.2
    A70S, UrukDroid 0.4.2, OC kernel
    No, Class 10 only means that you can have a constant writerate of 10MB ( for video for ex.).
    There is no guarantee that this is also a fast random access.
    Besides that the controller used for sd is slower then the one for internal ssd.

But again, why do you think you need that?
    If you didn't criple the system with to many running programs or did something wrong with swap and compcache, the UD system should be as fast as possible with that processor and memory.