[ROM][ICS/AOSP][WIFI/3G] DG FlyerICS Beta - 05/07/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Snow_fox

Jun 6, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Not saying to update us every 30 seconds..

but, do try to keep us up to date.

I don't mind hearing ETAs change too much, but I do like to know progress is being made.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
To get everything working properly I am trying many different configurations. I don't want to throw a file out thats just going to be half ass. I have fixed up most things right now and have many different test files. I am working on the release to be ready for this weekend. I was going to have it ready by today but I have other things going on in my life as well. I should have it ready shortly and posted on my site as well as here. I'm testing 2 new files now and then might be created another depending.

glad to hear it's going great! Thanks for the update!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

aviatorboy

Nov 2, 2010
Flyer's Sandwhich

Looking forward to the best Ice-Cream this summer.

I will spam THANKS button and buy an Ice-Cream to developper for this AOSP

Attachments

• 51214-htc_flyer_ics-51214.jpg
    51214-htc_flyer_ics-51214.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 242

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Update

Here is what's going on as of now. I do have a running version which is just a version compiled and ported patched files. However in this version the only thing that seems to not be working in this build is the camera.

Now I also have a fully compiled build that has everything working but still has some minor graphic issues, I am working on getting this kernel figured out properly so I can release. It has has everything working and is great and I want to get this one out so I'm hard at work at it. Just a few minor tweaks to the kernel and testing it I'll get it working properly and release the newest build soon. I will also release the other version as well. Updates to follow shortly.

Aerogriff

Jan 31, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Shoot, I'd be game for the rom even without the camera. I never really saw a purpose for a camera on a tablet. But your progress is amazing, thanks a bunch!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
Shoot, I'd be game for the rom even without the camera. I never really saw a purpose for a camera on a tablet. But your progress is amazing, thanks a bunch!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

+1 I never use my tablet camera anyways, I honestly don't care if it doesn't work for now. Amazing work though, drew, thank you for doing this for us.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
+1 I never use my tablet camera anyways, I honestly don't care if it doesn't work for now. Amazing work though, drew, thank you for doing this for us.

I too am not to concerned about the camera. I used it a couple of times only because it was there. For me the most important feature is the pen. But at the same time I would appreciate a fully functioning ROM (because you know how these things work once you don't have a feature - that is when the time arises that you could actually use it :rolleyes:). Either way thanks for all of your efforts, Drew. Once I get this and when I get the opportunity, a donation will be sent.

IP IHI II IL

Sep 16, 2010
Here is what's going on as of now. I do have a running version which is just a version compiled and ported patched files. However in this version the only thing that seems to not be working in this build is the camera.

Now I also have a fully compiled build that has everything working but still has some minor graphic issues, I am working on getting this kernel figured out properly so I can release. It has has everything working and is great and I want to get this one out so I'm hard at work at it. Just a few minor tweaks to the kernel and testing it I'll get it working properly and release the newest build soon. I will also release the other version as well. Updates to follow shortly.

I love that you're taking your time to do it right! Thanks for all your hard work!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yeah front camera makes sense on a tablet imo but rear doesn't really. I was considering a nook color before I stumbled upon the flyer deal so obviously camera isn't impact to me.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
i actually use my camera.. both back and front multiple times a week.. maybe not everyday. but i do a lot of skype calls. as well as simple point and shoot shots with my tab. don't always have my phone with me but my tablet rarely leaves my side. that said i'm not super concerned about being WITHOUT my cam for a while. but eventually having it working would be a must to make the switch to this rom

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Update

The one rom that is mixed compiled and ported patched files without the working camera I will post on my site soon.

I figured out the graphics on the fully compiled build, however it is going to take some work because it requires me to decompile framework.jar and work on some files that deal with hardwarerendoring.

Otherwise these builds work and it's coming along well, check the site soon.

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
The one rom that is mixed compiled and ported patched files without the working camera I will post on my site soon.

I figured out the graphics on the fully compiled build, however it is going to take some work because it requires me to decompile framework.jar and work on some files that deal with hardwarerendoring.

Can we get a link??

Time to break F5 again!

Edit: nvm found it in the op, the F5 smashing has begun!

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
Let us know when it's updated drew....I'm sure you'll get a ton of downloads right away:rolleyes:

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011

Why not just release the camera-less port and keep working on the fully compiled build and release that when it is done and the graphics are fixed?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
12 pages, 120 post, 5 star thread rating, no functional release, in a thread not created or maintained by the developer. I guess it is safe to say you guys want ics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm proud to post here the latest developement for our HTC Flyer. All the credit goes to Drew Garen for his nice work on the device. With the funds we rose all together in the thread here, we got Drew Garen a Flyer to help us developing ICS AOSP from source (not porting). I hope he will enjoy the Flyer as we all do.

flyerics.JPG

From Drew Garen's website :

Here is my latest download compiled download. It’s based on IceColdSandwich 7.4 and is pretty functional except for a few flaws including graphics, wifi and bluetooth.

What works:

HW Acceleration
    Camera
    Video Camera
    Data
    Audio
    Internal/External Storage
    NTrig Pen

What Doesn’t Work:

Front Camera
    Wifi (fix coming next build)
    Bluetooth (fix coming next build)
    Graphics (fix coming with new kernel)

Graphics are fuzzy sometimes but in my future kernel thats currently a work in progress they will be fixed along with wifi and bluetooth.

Download

Install Info:

You must be on Honeycomb HBOOT S-OFF (I Suggest using Honeycomb HBOOT Light S-OFF) and then boot into revolutionary cmr. Wipe Data/Factory and then install the rom from zip. Reboot and your good.

Kernel is from Chaosz-X's Git

If you want to donate, he would appreciate extra $$ for his time working. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25915944 ;

They seem to have graphical seizure issue sorted out.

The difference there is that they are porting a device and I am building from source. There is a huge difference. I have tried using ported kernels they will not work on the device I need build a new kernel. I have compiled a new build with and the graphics are fixed better but I'm working on a fix everything before I release the new build.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Guys I've been working hard testing different builds and kernels I am working on wifi and bluetooth, and I almost have all the graphics fist. I have compiled many different builds. You have to remember unlike other people I am compiling from source not porting. These builds are made for the flyer. If you want a port I can get that done but it's not going to made for your device and you will run into minor issues. The goal of this port was to be able to build from source and have people kang it whenever they feel like it. This will continue to be the goal.

The project continues to go on. I do work on this every day, but I do also have a life. Except a new test build within this week.

Any donations also help.
    Um. Out of curiosity is there any reason the creator of the rom isn't the one managing the thread? Or does he have the ability to as well?

Just curious because I've been checking back and forth all day between the official website and the forums.. just wondering which place would be updated first.

I'm not managing the thread because I usually don't even go on threads the only reason I come back on is to check this and reply back it keeps me away from my work that I should be doing.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

A release is coming soon should be by the end of this week. The reason I have not released any other test files yet is because I have been trying to fix issues in each file I have created. But I think I have figured out most problems and should have a release ready by the end of this week. I will also get github repo up so you can compile and also another repo for the patches necessary.

Addressing Recent ICS PORTS:

You have seen the ICS Sense ports, they work okay but they are all basically the same. With the same old stuff and someone else work with ripped out components. I don't really work that way. So if it takes me some time to get you guys the proper ICS then i'm going to do it. But i'll do it right.
    I am currently working on many different kernels that fix wifi, bluetooth and graphic errors. These are the main issues in the rom. When I get these fixed everything should work out fine. I called it a beta because well right now it's as good as it's gets. I'm working on many different builds as well including AOSP, and CM9. Many things will be worked on and will be fixed over the next couple weeks.

Any donations are helpful and all info can be found at my site drewgaren.com
    Graphics and Wifi

Good news. Graphics and Wifi are now fix. I am currently compiling a brand new build and everything should be good to go.

This is not a port like the recent release that is a ripped apart Ice Cream Panni. I have tried that before but the results are still not for every day use.

I plan on getting this new compiled build up soon with the kernel.

As stated before any donations help. And you can count on a build shortly. If I had a video I post it but I don't maybe I can get to making one out later of the current test build.