Screen question

Search This thread

bvm1228

Oct 6, 2012
Is there a way to make it so if you have one of your fingers touching the screen doesn't register it like on the Ipad?

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Is there a way to make it so if you have one of your fingers touching the screen doesn't register it like on the Ipad?

Do you mean like locking the screen so it won't register input? I dunno but what's the purpose of this? Just so I can think a bit about it. I don't see the use and can't imagine why you would disallow one finger input. :0

bvm1228

Oct 6, 2012
Do you mean like locking the screen so it won't register input? I dunno but what's the purpose of this? Just so I can think a bit about it. I don't see the use and can't imagine why you would disallow one finger input. :0

Like when I hold the tablet in portrait mode with one hand, my thumb sometimes clicks things or makes it so I can't click on anything because of the thin bezels on the sides. I heard the iPad mini has something that fixes this problem.

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Like when I hold the tablet in portrait mode with one hand, my thumb sometimes clicks things or makes it so I can't click on anything because of the thin bezels on the sides. I heard the iPad mini has something that fixes this problem.

O sh*t, ye I understand your trouble on this. I'm afraid I dunno. I can try and see when I get home. If the feature is called by a name on iPad, one should be able to google that name and then finish with android, but I won't do research thru me tablet. But I'll try and look around mate.

bvm1228

Oct 6, 2012
O sh*t, ye I understand your trouble on this. I'm afraid I dunno. I can try and see when I get home. If the feature is called by a name on iPad, one should be able to google that name and then finish with android, but I won't do research thru me tablet. But I'll try and look around mate.

Thanks. I can't remember the name of it but I remember hearing about it when the iPad mini was launched and was reminded of it as I am using my tablet..

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Thanks. I can't remember the name of it but I remember hearing about it when the iPad mini was launched and was reminded of it as I am using my tablet..

Can't find a name, can only find mention of the feature in iPad Mini describingly. Tried a few searches. Seems like some people comment on this, the Android have been doing it for a while, but from manufacturers. Samsung and Motorola seems to be doing it. Can't find any universal app and no one mentions name of apps that does it on their android devices. It's probably coded into the specific stock rom. Other mentions that it is fairly hit an miss that it works.

For now, no dice. - Sorry.

bvm1228

Oct 6, 2012
Can't find a name, can only find mention of the feature in iPad Mini describingly. Tried a few searches. Seems like some people comment on this, the Android have been doing it for a while, but from manufacturers. Samsung and Motorola seems to be doing it. Can't find any universal app and no one mentions name of apps that does it on their android devices. It's probably coded into the specific stock rom. Other mentions that it is fairly hit an miss that it works.

For now, no dice. - Sorry.

That sucks as it would be a great addition