lost+found file struggle

Search This thread

Rokonacdc

Jul 8, 2013
Hey, guys. I posted here a while back that I've been having some major problems with my phone. It randomly reboots, does not properly wipe in recovery, will not properly install ROM's or recovery updates.

I think it all stems from me seeming to remember deleting a lost+found file that I thought was a dupe. Anyway, I assume that restoring the phone to factory is the only way to fix it, but I'm hoping somebody has another idea because I use a mac and Idk how to root it again if I have to do that.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hey, guys. I posted here a while back that I've been having some major problems with my phone. It randomly reboots, does not properly wipe in recovery, will not properly install ROM's or recovery updates.

I think it all stems from me seeming to remember deleting a lost+found file that I thought was a dupe. Anyway, I assume that restoring the phone to factory is the only way to fix it, but I'm hoping somebody has another idea because I use a mac and Idk how to root it again if I have to do that.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

I had the same issue until I formatted my internal storage. Make sure you back up everything from your internal storage first.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
So all I need to do is a wipe? I won't actually have to lose root?

Not wipe. Format internal SD card. I think its from the advanced wipe settings. You will have to type the word "yes" to confirm

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And again, this may not fix your problem. But it fixed mine

Rokonacdc

Jul 8, 2013
Not wipe. Format internal SD card. I think its from the advanced wipe settings. You will have to type the word "yes" to confirm

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And again, this may not fix your problem. But it fixed mine

Okay, kool. I'll give it a shot. I spent most of the morning backing up my phone. It's kind of scary. Lol