[Q] Own a Nexus 7 and I want to use a wireless gamepad with it but I have no idea how

Search This thread

boneless9000

Apr 25, 2013
PLEASE READ.

I have owned a Nexus 7 for over a year. During that time I have had precisely one use in mind for this tablet, and I have been unable to make it work.

I want this tablet to be an emulation machine for my favorite old videogames.

I want to use a wireless gamepad with it to play the games with.

I own sony Dualshock4's and 3's, I would like to use one of those.

I have asked this question before and someone usually quickly responds with a link to some guide to root my phone etc.

The problem is, I am a really, really stupid person, and get confused as hell by these guides

No, really. I have been wanting to do this for over a year and I have yet to find a guide or explanation that makes enough sense to me for me to actually do it.

I would be really grateful, even willing to pay someone to help me with this.

I do not use the tablet for anything else. It was a gift I have no real use for to be honest. I would feel a lot better about it getting some use out of it....

EDIT: Why does this site keep trying to link to my google account everytime I hit F5? That's annoying and creepy.

Last edited:

enriquejones666

Nov 20, 2011
san jose
Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
You may have already seen this, but in case you haven't, there's a thread on here dedicated to getting PS3 controllers working with the Nexus 7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1779347

At the very least, you can post in that thread for further help.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where your request sounds simple, but the steps required are complex.

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

It looks like you can spare yourself some of the headache, by using a USB gamepad (hopefully the PS controller also operates as a normal USB gamepad when you plug the cable in). Connecting and setting up via Bluetooth appears to be very tricky.

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1

Reactions: The_link

boneless9000

Apr 25, 2013
You may have already seen this, but in case you haven't, there's a thread on here dedicated to getting PS3 controllers working with the Nexus 7

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where your request sounds simple, but the steps required are complex.

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

It looks like you can spare yourself some of the headache, by using a USB gamepad (hopefully the PS controller also operates as a normal USB gamepad when you plug the cable in). Connecting and setting up via Bluetooth appears to be very tricky.

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1

I think I'm actually going to just give up and sell it and rely on my PSP and laptop for emulation instead. I'm a really stupid person and this Nexus 7 has been nothing but headaches for me. I just don't care anymore. It's just not worth it for me. I have wasted so many hours watching videos and reading guides I'm just done with it. I'm over it. I'm just going to sell it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1

MotoX Vzw Krypton 1.1