Unfortunately, Google Play Services Has Stopped. How to FIX.

Search This thread
K

Kalim Siddiqui

please help to get rid from this error. I have tried many solutions like clear catch data, reinstalled, updated from play store but nothing to be work. I am using cm 10.2 by jenkins.:crying:

FreekX

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
Same error

please help to get rid from this error. I have tried many solutions like clear catch data, reinstalled, updated from play store but nothing to be work. I am using cm 10.2 by jenkins.:crying:

I am also getting this error on ICS icysnap V2.0. I think this error is occurring due to some bug or incompatibility of latest google play service apk with our device. I have submitted the error report to google. I hope they will fix this soon. For the time being i have uninstalled the google play service. By going to Security > Device Administrator then uncheck the google admin. After this you can uninstall the application in usual way.:)

Reactions: ibub
K

Kalim Siddiqui

Previous version of google play services working fine.

I am also getting this error on ICS icysnap V2.0. I think this error is occurring due to some bug or incompatibility of latest google play service apk with our device. I have submitted the error report to google. I hope they will fix this soon. For the time being i have uninstalled the google play service. By going to Security > Device Administrator then uncheck the google admin. After this you can uninstall the application in usual way.:)
I also think that this error occurred from latest google play services because previous version of google play services that is 4.3.2.4 working fine but when i downgrade it to previous version it automatically update again. any way to disable auto update of google play services. i am disabled auto update apps in google play settings but not working. Thanks.:(

K

Kalim Siddiqui

Latest Google play services working fine.

Thanks, I will try. BTW I recently installed latest Google play services 4.8.4.4 from xda portal. It's working fine.;):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Optimus One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
I have also experienced this. Mostly happened while Gmail is syncing. Happened on cm-9, cm-10.1.6, and affected apps on cm-7.But Play Services works perfect on official stock gingerbread. So I think it's a combination of causes. Authentication of apps and services running on unofficial roms,and APIs that are built for armv7 devices. But I'm only guessing. Haven't had time to study my logcats yet. May 14 update seems to be a little better. But it's still not fixed. :p

Edit: May 16 update, still not fixed. Have read and verified that it works better on WiFi. On WiFi, Gmail, after syncing (and caching that sync) will not cause Play Services to close. But on mobile network, it does.

Last edited:

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
May 19 update to Google Play Services (version 4.4.52):
I think it's fixed :D
Updated several apps and synced Gmail. Did not get annoying message. Running cm-9.2.0 (hephappy). :)

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: aaopt
K

Kalim Siddiqui

Yea, you are right. Now Google play services working flawlessly on cm 11 also.

maids

Jun 29, 2014
Yea, you are right. Now Google play services working flawlessly on cm 11 also.

I uninstalled a heap of Google stuff using titanium backup now Google play services has stopped working.

I have re installed this service but it still not work.

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
I uninstalled a heap of Google stuff using titanium backup now Google play services has stopped working.

Need gmscore.apk in /system/app. That enables play services. Set permissions to 644 (rw-,r--,r--). Google play services with automatically update after a few minutes.

Sent from my LGL34C using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ZzzzzxXxzzzzZ

maids

Jun 29, 2014
Need gmscore.apk in /system/app. That enables play services. Set permissions to 644 (rw-,r--,r--). Google play services with automatically update after a few minutes.

I am no expert. where do i get this and where do I put it please?

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
I am no expert. where do i get this and where do I put it please?

Use a file manager and go to / system/app, and look to see if gmscore is still there. Long press on it to select and view properties. Properties should include permissions, which should be set to:
User: rw-
Groups: r--
Others: r--
The binary representation of this is 644
If gmscore is not there, then you may have it in your backups from TiBU.

maids

Jun 29, 2014
Managed to fix it but I had to reinstall all the apps I had removed one by one as TB would not do a batch.

Kept throwing an error.

I really need to know what I can and cant remove as I rooted this phone to get rid of some of the apps I dont use they just clutter the whole system

Aug 2, 2014
FIXED!!! Finally Found This Fix!

I was unable to listen to my music for 48 hours, which is hell to me as I'm ALWAYS listening to music. This also looks horrible on Google/Android as I just left iOS (which honestly is a better OS than Android, but Android has come a long way so I'm optimistic about its future...and I also love my Moto X and prefer Android to iOS overall (minus these little annoying issues)). Anyway, finally fixed it by Uninstalling the update made on the Google Play Music app.

Go to Settings - Apps - Google Play Music - and select Uninstall Updates. Hope this helps.

Alex

Reactions: drunkenfcuk

drunkenfcuk

Nov 14, 2010
I was unable to listen to my music for 48 hours, which is hell to me as I'm ALWAYS listening to music. This also looks horrible on Google/Android as I just left iOS (which honestly is a better OS than Android, but Android has come a long way so I'm optimistic about its future...and I also love my Moto X and prefer Android to iOS overall (minus these little annoying issues)). Anyway, finally fixed it by Uninstalling the update made on the Google Play Music app.

Go to Settings - Apps - Google Play Music - and select Uninstall Updates. Hope this helps.

Alex
This seems to have fixed the issue for me. Uninstalled Play Music, then reinstalled, and has been working fine since. Good thing too, as it was popping up twice in quick succession every 30 seconds almost. Very frustrating!

Anyway, thanks :D

EDIT: Seems I spoke too soon :(

Last edited:

Raedon0

Jul 5, 2014
Same problem

I've been having the same problem up until a couple of days ago Play Services worked fine but when ever i open the Google Keyboard the message pops up "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped working" and idea what the problem might be. My version is 7.0.97 (1791429-034)
Thanks for the help.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks, I will try. BTW I recently installed latest Google play services 4.8.4.4 from xda portal. It's working fine.;):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:/QUOTE]

That one is really old, may cause other, but thankfully quieter problems. Would like to downgrade to a 6.6 version if I can find the link, however...

Need gmscore.apk in /system/app. That enables play services. Set permissions to 644 (rw-,r--,r--). Google play services will automatically update after a few minutes.

Back to version 7.* and the problem recurs. Need to defeat its auto upgrade, but this is not a normally-listed app on Play. Maybe after the audo-upgrade happens, one can get to its setting from "my-apps" pane, recently upgraded.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same error

Downgrade the services and try Titanium Backup :> 'detach from market's

Sent from my LG-P500
    May 19 update to Google Play Services (version 4.4.52):
    I think it's fixed :D
    Updated several apps and synced Gmail. Did not get annoying message. Running cm-9.2.0 (hephappy). :)

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

FIXED!!! Finally Found This Fix!

Alex