Wireless charging

Search This thread

reneftw

May 1, 2011
Anyone using wireless charging on the MI3? It's only possible with a receiver, btw, it's not built in.

Ulric099

Nov 30, 2011
I'm a writer for Qiwireless.com and I use my Mi3 with a universal wireless charging receiver to charge it.

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
is it for real that mi3 supports wireless charging??:)

Note, WITH a receiver. A receiver is a piece of hardware which sits under the base of the phone, and is connected to the charging circuit. Just google the term.

You'd have to be really motivated to take your phone apart, just to attach that. Without considering the space that module would need vs the available space inside the phone, which is pretty slim to start with. Actually with a metal phone back, I believe the module would have to sit outside of the phone, between the plastic cover and the back - so the phone back would not be flat.

I have had a Nexus 4 with wireless charging for the last 2 years, and I rarely use the wireless charger I bought:
- charges slower than a wall charger
- if you pick the phone up - as we all do - you stop charging and additionally multiply the number of charging cycles.

Cables are not as cool as a Qi pad, but a Qi pad also needs its cable...

Anyway, out of the box, the mi3 doesn't do wireless charging - just confirmed that with my wireless charger :)

Last edited:

kulmeo

Nov 12, 2018
stupid!!! pls improve yourself bout the 'Electronic Science and Technology' knowledge~ don't ask such an idiot question!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is it for real that mi3 supports wireless charging??:)

Note, WITH a receiver. A receiver is a piece of hardware which sits under the base of the phone, and is connected to the charging circuit. Just google the term.

You'd have to be really motivated to take your phone apart, just to attach that. Without considering the space that module would need vs the available space inside the phone, which is pretty slim to start with. Actually with a metal phone back, I believe the module would have to sit outside of the phone, between the plastic cover and the back - so the phone back would not be flat.

I have had a Nexus 4 with wireless charging for the last 2 years, and I rarely use the wireless charger I bought:
    - charges slower than a wall charger
    - if you pick the phone up - as we all do - you stop charging and additionally multiply the number of charging cycles.

Cables are not as cool as a Qi pad, but a Qi pad also needs its cable...

Anyway, out of the box, the mi3 doesn't do wireless charging - just confirmed that with my wireless charger :)