White Extended SkyRocket battery 3850mAh

Search This thread
Feb 5, 2012
Enterprise
I was wondering if you would take some pictures of your phone when you get the battery and cover on so we could get a feel of how big it is on our phones before we order one.
Thanks bro

g0dxilla

Apr 18, 2012
Woodstock
www.shrinktheweb.com
Hey all,

I bought this QCell 3850 a couple days ago off Amazon and it showed up at my door yesterday. I installed it last night and gave it it's first charge. I'm in the process of discharging it right now and will post my observations on battery life after I've fully conditioned this battery.

As some of you may know conditioning a Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery differs slightly from the old NiCad batteries. Charge it fully for at least 8 hours then drain it to 15%. Rinse and repeat about 5 times for best results. With Li-Ion batteries you want to try to avoid fully discharging the battery as this WILL NOT increase your battery life and can only do more harm then good. 15%-25% is the optimal range for recharging a Li-Ion battery unless it's not reporting it's charge correctly. Correcting an improper battery reading is the only time you want to fully discharge your battery.

As soon as I get to work i'll post some size comparison pictures for your viewing pleasure. :cool:

g0dxilla

Apr 18, 2012
Woodstock
www.shrinktheweb.com
The good the bad and the ugly

OK so here are the pictures I got. Special thanks to my buddy cmenard for snapping them with his Galaxy Nexus. I found it was quite difficult to use my phone to take a picture of itself and don't have a camera readily available for such tasks at the moment.

These first 2 pictures show the difference in width between a Skyrocket with the extended battery and my buddies T-Mobile Galaxy SII T989 (both phones are listed by the manufacturer as width 2.71 inches / 68.8mm):

IMG_20120425_150458.jpg

IMG_20120425_150507.jpg

These next 2 pictures show the difference in size between the OEM Samsung battery and the QCell extended battery.

IMG_20120425_150540.jpg

IMG_20120425_150550.jpg

This last picture shows you the difference in color between the stock battery door and the one included with the QCell.

IMG_20120425_150611.jpg

There is no doubt about it that the extended battery makes the phone bulkier and heavier. I'm going to try to get my hands on a postage scale so I can get exact weights on each battery to show the net gain. Being a larger man, the bump on the back is very noticeable and uncomfortable in my pocket but I do find that it makes the phone easier to hold because there is now surface contact with my palm.

The fact that the whites don't match sucks and in addition to that I never feel like the back door is fully snapped in place. :mad:

The first day after giving this battery a full charge I was somewhat impressed with the extended battery life. Today it feels like there is no improvement, but I will wait to make my final judgement until after a few more nights of charging/discharging since day to day usage changes.

I'll keep you updated with my findings!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarienA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For people with white skyrocket phones, I can across this one. Think the market only has black skyrocket battery covers for now.

http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Samsung...OKPK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1334541782&sr=8-6
    The good the bad and the ugly

OK so here are the pictures I got. Special thanks to my buddy cmenard for snapping them with his Galaxy Nexus. I found it was quite difficult to use my phone to take a picture of itself and don't have a camera readily available for such tasks at the moment.

These first 2 pictures show the difference in width between a Skyrocket with the extended battery and my buddies T-Mobile Galaxy SII T989 (both phones are listed by the manufacturer as width 2.71 inches / 68.8mm):

IMG_20120425_150458.jpg

IMG_20120425_150507.jpg

These next 2 pictures show the difference in size between the OEM Samsung battery and the QCell extended battery.

IMG_20120425_150540.jpg

IMG_20120425_150550.jpg

This last picture shows you the difference in color between the stock battery door and the one included with the QCell.

IMG_20120425_150611.jpg

There is no doubt about it that the extended battery makes the phone bulkier and heavier. I'm going to try to get my hands on a postage scale so I can get exact weights on each battery to show the net gain. Being a larger man, the bump on the back is very noticeable and uncomfortable in my pocket but I do find that it makes the phone easier to hold because there is now surface contact with my palm.

The fact that the whites don't match sucks and in addition to that I never feel like the back door is fully snapped in place. :mad:

The first day after giving this battery a full charge I was somewhat impressed with the extended battery life. Today it feels like there is no improvement, but I will wait to make my final judgement until after a few more nights of charging/discharging since day to day usage changes.

I'll keep you updated with my findings!