[Q] No reception/service on SGSII on beanstalk 4.4.2

Search This thread

Al-Dazzlez

Jan 1, 2014
Hi All!

sorry if this thread is a repeat of another somewhere else on the interwebs, but after thorough searching for a few days I could not find a solution or even a similar problem.
(oh and sorry if my question is a little weirdly-put, an xda newb in the flesh, and my first post :fingers-crossed: )

In brief, I had recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 from overseas, but as i was overseas I had no sim card and the phone was in aeroplane mode for about a month and a half. while overseas I had flashed many kernels and ROMs, but when I arrived home a few days ago, I had realised my phone wasn't receiving service or reception. at the time I was running a carbon ROM nightly (android 4.3.1), now I have switched over to beanstalk 4.4.2, and I am receiving the same issue, and when I try to flash a different modem/radio in CWM, it always appears with either "error with zip" or "status 7".
When I type *#*#4643#*#* and try to turn the radio on and off, the radio does not turn on or off!
Also; sometimes after boot the carrier name would show up as "YES OPTUS" but no reception, and when I try to make calls its either "please "Turn aeroplane mode off" or "Network is unavailable"
I have changed my sim card with a new one and had fully recharged it too, but on other phones it works, on mine it does not.
so my questions are:
1) What would be the cause of the issue?
2) What would be the best way to solve it?
3) Could it be because i bought it from another country?
4) Could it be a hardware problem?

Phone Specs:
BaseBand version : I9100XXLPW
Android Version : 4.4.2
CWM : v6.0.4.5
Beanstalk Version : Beanstalk-4.4.200-20131222-i9100

Thanks in advance for anyone with any help !!!
And sorry again for the newbiness...this is my first post in my life so you may understand the confusion :confused:
Good Day!

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Hi All!

sorry if this thread is a repeat of another somewhere else on the interwebs, but after thorough searching for a few days I could not find a solution or even a similar problem.
(oh and sorry if my question is a little weirdly-put, an xda newb in the flesh, and my first post :fingers-crossed: )

In brief, I had recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 from overseas, but as i was overseas I had no sim card and the phone was in aeroplane mode for about a month and a half. while overseas I had flashed many kernels and ROMs, but when I arrived home a few days ago, I had realised my phone wasn't receiving service or reception. at the time I was running a carbon ROM nightly (android 4.3.1), now I have switched over to beanstalk 4.4.2, and I am receiving the same issue, and when I try to flash a different modem/radio in CWM, it always appears with either "error with zip" or "status 7".
When I type *#*#4643#*#* and try to turn the radio on and off, the radio does not turn on or off!
Also; sometimes after boot the carrier name would show up as "YES OPTUS" but no reception, and when I try to make calls its either "please "Turn aeroplane mode off" or "Network is unavailable"
I have changed my sim card with a new one and had fully recharged it too, but on other phones it works, on mine it does not.
so my questions are:
1) What would be the cause of the issue?
2) What would be the best way to solve it?
3) Could it be because i bought it from another country?
4) Could it be a hardware problem?

Phone Specs:
BaseBand version : I9100XXLPW
Android Version : 4.4.2
CWM : v6.0.4.5
Beanstalk Version : Beanstalk-4.4.200-20131222-i9100

Thanks in advance for anyone with any help !!!
And sorry again for the newbiness...this is my first post in my life so you may understand the confusion :confused:
Good Day!

Is the IMEI your problem? Recover IMEI

Al-Dazzlez

Jan 1, 2014
Sorry had to explain that of course.
Go to settings - about phone - status and look for IMEI.
If it's empty or showing 004999010640000 it's wrong and restore your EFS back-up or go to the thread to try recover your IMEI and hope it helps.

Thank you so much, and yes that helped, (i hope i didint talk too much)
but just a question if i may,
where can i find an original gingerbread or jelly bean ofw for my phone? every time i flash one,
i get stuck in a boot loop, and after applying all available fixes...no help
if you can help my with a link that would be helpful for future advancements because i have one on my pc but its buggy as hell and half currpted (i only use it to do a full recover and re-root and all that stuff):good::good::good:

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Thank you so much, and yes that helped, (i hope i didint talk too much)
but just a question if i may,
where can i find an original gingerbread or jelly bean ofw for my phone? every time i flash one,
i get stuck in a boot loop, and after applying all available fixes...no help
if you can help my with a link that would be helpful for future advancements because i have one on my pc but its buggy as hell and half currpted (i only use it to do a full recover and re-root and all that stuff):good::good::good:

Official firmware Post 2 is the guide and post 3 are the official firmwares. Look what firmware you need and google for a download link.
You do all the steps before flashing a new rom? Wiping and formatting data, caches and system?

Al-Dazzlez

Jan 1, 2014
Official firmware Post 2 is the guide and post 3 are the official firmwares. Look what firmware you need and google for a download link.
You do all the steps before flashing a new rom? Wiping and formatting data, caches and system?

Yup, i did all the steps properly, but meh, on the other hand; your link was sooooo helpful, at least now i have a choice of codes as well.
thank you so much, i thought my questions would be left un aswered..(btw did i post in right section?.....common sense told me so but i wanted to be sure :eek:)

Top Liked Posts