Getting a Note 3 today. Need build info as it pertains to root and rom.

Search This thread

MR H3LLMAN

Feb 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey all. I'm sure this gets asked quite a good bit but I am looking for some information on the Note 3 and it's current status of rom/root abilities. I have an S4 at the moment so I am fairly saavy with Samsung hardware and procedure at this point. I am going to assume that Verizon pushed out a locked boot thus killing everyone's ability to install roms and TWRP. If this is true, is there a specific build I should be looking for wen I go to get my phone? Also, what does the SafeStrap scene look like on this device? Is it relatively stable?

I apologize for not looking more but I am at work and then immediately going to pickup my girlfriend and head over to get my phone. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

Xanza89

Oct 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
It will most likely come with the MJE firmware which is the latest. Root with Kingo and then flash chainfires SU and install Safestrap. There is a ton of write ups on the forums about the procedure. I came to the Note 3 from the S4 as well and it's all very similar.

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo
I bought my Note 3 about a week ago and it came with the latest firmware. I was able to very easy root with Kingo and install safestrap which is very much stable BTW.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My exact scenario as well, my Note 3 came with THe latest firmware right before MJE, I forget, but regardless neither version could be rooted with Root De La Vega. I used Kingo, my knox is still 00x00 and I have safestrap installed and running the Hyperdrive ROM. If you are worried about the superuser app that kingo installs you will probably be prompted to update it anyway which will replace it with the play store version. I'm not sure why you'd be concerned, but I've seen some chatter about replacing the superuser app.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
Hey all. I'm sure this gets asked quite a good bit but I am looking for some information on the Note 3 and it's current status of rom/root abilities. I have an S4 at the moment so I am fairly saavy with Samsung hardware and procedure at this point. I am going to assume that Verizon pushed out a locked boot thus killing everyone's ability to install roms and TWRP. If this is true, is there a specific build I should be looking for wen I go to get my phone? Also, what does the SafeStrap scene look like on this device? Is it relatively stable?

I apologize for not looking more but I am at work and then immediately going to pickup my girlfriend and head over to get my phone. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

I have an all incusive thread for start to finish rooting of the N3 in my sig. You can read through it and see the steps. If you get a Note 3 you WON'T be disappointed!

Safestrapp has bypassed the locked bootloader and offers the added awesomeness of being able to boot directly into different roms just waiting to be used. Ingenious and very easy.

Take the N3 plunge, you won't be sorry :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought my Note 3 about a week ago and it came with the latest firmware. I was able to very easy root with Kingo and install safestrap which is very much stable BTW.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    After you install safestrap be sure to flash chainfires supersu 1.85 in recovery to rid the kingo Supersu app that kingo puts on your phone. Enjoy that Note 3 bro

I have an all incusive thread for start to finish rooting of the N3 in my sig. You can read through it and see the steps. If you get a Note 3 you WON'T be disappointed!

Safestrapp has bypassed the locked bootloader and offers the added awesomeness of being able to boot directly into different roms just waiting to be used. Ingenious and very easy.

Take the N3 plunge, you won't be sorry :D