Installed XDDual recovery now no recognize

Search This thread

tristan582

Feb 11, 2014
So installed the dual boot recovery. I have it on my phone along with superuser and now my computer wont recognize the phone. Sorry to post so many threads but i need to get post amount up to 10. This locked bootlaoder stuff is weird going from clockwork mod on my g1, g2x. Thanks for all help.

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009

installing a recovery shouldn't stop the computer from recognising the device, where to is it being failed to recognise? flashtool? usb storage? have you tried removing the drivers from device manager and reinstalling them? have you tried a different usb cable? different usb port?

tristan582

Feb 11, 2014
So the phone is never recognized if I just plug the phone into the computer. No charging light, doesn't show up on computer. Tried 3 different cables and many usb ports that i know work. I have windows 8 so It almost always auto detects hardware and auto installs drivers. I deleted it from hardware and printers and downloaded the sony zperia z driver for windows 8 and it s a zip file. I tried extracting it and it only opens up as a bunch of random files. NO application. I have only installed the XZ dual boot recovery and root with restore v33. It only charges sometimes if I plug it in and reboot it. But it still doesn't show up as a device on my computer.

tristan582

Feb 11, 2014
So when i plug in the phone and reboot it charges the phone and says usb debugging but my computer doesn't show the phone.

tristan582

Feb 11, 2014
I also have ubuntu imstalled on my computer (dual boot) and it doesn't reconize the device in ubunutu either. And when trying to use any of the flash tools it says device not found or connect device.