[Q] Android 4.3 rooting on GTI 9305 on Three UK

Search This thread

Ph0sphorr0r

Dec 28, 2011
West Lancashire
Greetings,

I own a Galaxy S3 GTI 9305 on the Three UK network. that a while ago got upgraded to Android 4.3. The software update gets on my nerves and has numerous problems (such as no text message bleeps unless you set a text message bleep for someone) and eating battery life like there is no tomorrow unless you hoik the screen brightness down to nothing.

Needless to say, it's driving me up the wall and I want to install a custom ROM.

The phone has been flashed with Odin, and I used the boot recovery p workaround and SuperSU shows up. However, this super paranoid Knox software has a dislike to the SuperSU app and blocks it.

The phone comes up with ClockworkMod recover if you press volume up, menu and power and I have put a custom ROM and the Gapps file on there.

The thing is, will this phone be able to run the custom ROM as normal (on the basis of ClockworkMod being on there and apparently functioning ok) or is there further nasty surprises that will prevent me such as a locked bootloader?

Apologies for possibly asking this question ad nauseum on the basis that it may well have been asked before.

Tmzdroid

Greetings,

I own a Galaxy S3 GTI 9305 on the Three UK network. that a while ago got upgraded to Android 4.3. The software update gets on my nerves and has numerous problems (such as no text message bleeps unless you set a text message bleep for someone) and eating battery life like there is no tomorrow unless you hoik the screen brightness down to nothing.

Needless to say, it's driving me up the wall and I want to install a custom ROM.

The phone has been flashed with Odin, and I used the boot recovery p workaround and SuperSU shows up. However, this super paranoid Knox software has a dislike to the SuperSU app and blocks it.

The phone comes up with ClockworkMod recover if you press volume up, menu and power and I have put a custom ROM and the Gapps file on there.

The thing is, will this phone be able to run the custom ROM as normal (on the basis of ClockworkMod being on there and apparently functioning ok) or is there further nasty surprises that will prevent me such as a locked bootloader?

Apologies for possibly asking this question ad nauseum on the basis that it may well have been asked before.
I

have you tried installing the latest stock firmware from 3 I noticed a big improvement in performance and battery life. The I9305 XXUENE4 based firmware either stock or custom fixes a lot of the issues I was having.

Last edited:

Ph0sphorr0r

Dec 28, 2011
West Lancashire
I

have you tried installing the latest stock firmware from 3 I noticed a big improvement in performance and battery life. The I9305 XXUENE4 based firmware either stock or custom fixes a lot of the issues I was having.

It's running on the latest firmware, and I still have problems. I absolutely hate it and want to run a custom ROM. What concerns me more is the possibility of a locked bootloader and being stuck with what Samsung and Three UK telling me what I should run on my phone.