Install BlackBerry ApplicationSuite Pro on HD2 [video]

Search This thread

barshad

Jul 20, 2003
No, that was not working and that is for blackberry connect not complete Blackberry O/S. I made my own HD2 (Leo) SetmodelId and that works but Thanks for the answer anyway

Attachments

• BB.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 4,219

mazzarin

Sep 29, 2008
Whoa, awesome find. So all that is necessary for BAS to work is that bb.zip apparently.

Edit: Looks like it's not 100% working yet according to the source thread... or at the very least you need a BES account and BES provisioning.

Last edited:

NishilT

Jan 16, 2010
Whoa, awesome find. So all that is necessary for BAS to work is that bb.zip apparently.

Edit: Looks like it's not 100% working yet according to the source thread... or at the very least you need a BES account and BES provisioning.
hey sorry can you explain what BES or BAS is....thanks!

NishilT

Jan 16, 2010
No, that was not working and that is for blackberry connect not complete Blackberry O/S. I made my own HD2 (Leo) SetmodelId and that works but Thanks for the answer anyway
hey sorry also as you can tell im not very good with all this...help can ya help to download blackberry on my HD2....with the zip file not quite sure how to do it?

doeswork jus simply installing it on the phone does it?

cheers

barshad

Jul 20, 2003
hey sorry also as you can tell im not very good with all this...help can ya help to download blackberry on my HD2....with the zip file not quite sure how to do it?

doeswork jus simply installing it on the phone does it?

cheers
Download http://rapidshare.com/files/349643518/BlackBerryApplicationSuite_Professional_1.0.3.12.cab and attachment in 3rd post.
Extract the attachment on you HD2
run the SetModelId on HD2 then install BAS.

You have to run setmodelid each time when you restart you hd2

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
how come you didn't show anything in the video? all i saw were a bunch of icons with no interaction with them. sorry, but how do we know if it's worth installing??? :confused:

MaliciousKen

Aug 26, 2007
I install the blackberry.cab in the zip attachment
Run the SetmodeID
then run the blackberry suite downloaded from the rapidshare link

end up with a Setup error .... cannot continue to install.

mazzarin

Sep 29, 2008
hey sorry can you explain what BES or BAS is....thanks!

BAS = Blackberry Application Suite (this program)

BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server... as in a proper corporate account with licensing fees and all.

Most people that buy a BB independently use BIS, Blackberry Internet Service.

oneshotaz

Nov 3, 2008
www.tech-ticker.com
I installed it successfully but all it gives me is the lock screen with the option to register or view device info or exit but when I click on register nothing happens and it remains locked.

Do you think that we need to have the Blackberry Connect application along with this one, or will the BAS give you a pin and allow you to you the Blackberry Service along with the messenger?

P

pongothemagnificent

Hey bro can you make a compatible setmodelid.dll for the acer neotouch? if you need any dll please let me know, i got everything from the acer s200 =]

vodanhdaisu

Jan 4, 2009
Sorry for a noob question. :) Is it possible to install fully Blackberry OS in HD2 ? I have never using a BB before, and a new experience would be great :)

tpctsu

Nov 28, 2009
i can not install it on my HTC HD2 LEO. what should i do. it gives me a message that says that "LEO is not supported".

please give detailed instructions.

also have you test it? it is fulled working?

thank you

andreigann

Aug 5, 2009
BB

After opening, in Setup Wizard it makes 'Verifying Security Software' and appears the folowing popup every where I press:
-Register now
-View host routing table
-Exit
-View device info
-Cancel
What should I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a marketing reserach plot

I have to get a smart phone for my new business activities. I have been considering HTC HD2, but my partners insist on a Blackberry. I usually configure BBs for my friends an colleagues (Most people are too lazy to read the manuals), and I can't really understand why people are so in love with these things.

To cut it short, since there is no way I would ever get a BB, I have been looking for a way to get BBs messenger to work on an HD2. After reading all the threads available here and some other forums related to the topic, I've come to the conclusion the Application Suite was intentionally leaked to check for customers and potential customers reaction.

It is either a dummy app of what it would have been the functional version, or an actually working app, but still requires RIM's approval to joint the network, which will probably never happen. So much for a leaked app.

Most people's reaction seems to be along the lines of "I can't get it to work so I'll get the BB", so you don't have to be a genius to figure out the outcome of this little exercise.

IMHO, it would be equivalent to change your mind about the car you had originally chosen, just because its CD player doesn't have Bluetooth, but I understand the importance of the messenger to some.

RIM seems to be facing an interesting dilemma: Should they risk the loss of potential sales to pursue the dream of becoming the "facebook" of corporate communication, or just keep doing things the way they have been doing them so far?

It strikes me as odd that they created this app in the first place, so maybe reverse engineering it could dispel any doubts, but I add myself to the group of disappointed never-to-become-BB-owners that simply fancy the luxury of having BB's messenger available in a windows or android phone.

One minute of silence,
    DP