Yes, please. (Honeycomb)

Search This thread
Dec 15, 2010
I'm wondering is that achieved same way as a original photos, or a some "different way".
We heard that first one was using SDK, in a second one we can see model number listed as SDK.
and it seems that newcomers a doing amazing things

KitF

Dec 14, 2010
Philadelphia
kit.im
He's already in the official dev channel, no need to spam this thread begging him to work with you.

And it looks good! At least we know it can actually boot honeycomb!

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
YES :D
NOW I AM A BELIEVER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Now THAT is proof my friends. This guy is a nook color legend :)

Also, I know this is real for sure because I actually see him interacting with it. That was the proof I was looking for. Good job dude, awesome :D

Last edited:

Link3737

Jul 25, 2010
I think it's amazing that someone's managed to get the 3.0 preview build running on the NC already.

When Honeycomb was announced I wasn't sure we'd be getting it, but this has definitely helped remedy my doubts :D

ufgrat

Mar 5, 2009
YES :D
NOW I AM A BELIEVER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Now THAT is proof my friends. This guy is a nook color legend :)

Also, I know this is real for sure because I actually see him interacting with it. That was the proof I was looking for. Good job dude, awesome :D

You're being inconsistent. All he'd have to do is fraps an emulator session, record it to a video, and play it back on the nook, synchronizing his actions with the fraps session.

And the movie post was from someone with 1 XDA posting, meaning, apparently, that the odds of them being an actual developer are 1 in 10... or less.

I mean, if you're going to accuse people of fraud, be consistent about it. Suspect EVERYONE.

This entire thread has gotten out of hand. deeper_blue made a not-terribly-surprising claim, that he had managed to get the SDK preview to boot on the most unlocked, hacker-friendly tablet <clarkson>... in the WORLD</clarkson>, posted it on a site known for a long, colorful history in Windows Mobile and Android firsts, and the first reaction, without any evidence to the contrary, is that he might be faking it.

Of course he might be faking it. Odds are just as good (actually, better) that he ISN'T faking it, and is the first to accomplish something truly cool. He should be encouraged, if for no other reason than I WANT HONEYCOMB!!!... er.. because it would be a benefit to the community. :D

If he clams up, and produces nothing more, then we'll never know-- but it's just rude to say "screenshots or it didn't happen, and by screenshots I mean hand me a working copy or you're a fraud", which is how I interpreted the original skeptical post. :p

Congrats to all involved, and I sincerely hope that the nook gets honeycomb Real Soon Now-- I want an email package designed for my large screen, dammit.

Reactions: Divine_Madcat

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
Once again, I am gonna have to say it.

I was NOT calling him, deeper_blue, a fraud. I was simply stating it could be faked. You took it as "OMG IM DISCOPH3V3R AND IM A MOTHER F#$%$#% THAT GONNA RAPE YOUR MOM AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY BECAUSE IM SO AWESOME AND I KNOW EVERYTHING AND I KNOW THIS IS FAKE!!!!!11" When all I did was simply agree that it could have been fake. I don't get why you guys are being so rude? I never said it was fake, I said it could be fake. And I am being consistant, I said from the begging that it didn't matter if he had "2posts or 2000" all I asked for video proof and yes I do realize it could be fake but I asked for video proof and I got it so I believe it is real now. Get off my back now okay? You misunderstood my posts I guess, so I'm sorry for that. Just chillax now and only post things relevant to honeycomb and its development now. K, thanks, bye.

devis

Aug 2, 2005
San Francisco
i saw this historical documentary on TV about this race of beings who flew millions of light years from the 12 Colonies, chased by robots and then arrived on Earth and gave birth to humanity as we know it. How do I know it's real? Cause all of their stories seemed so true, and they also hinted about Mitochondrial Eve.

deeper-blue

Nov 28, 2010
somewhere in good ol' Germany
for all the people that can't wait:

graphics acceleration more or less working. The SGX driver seems too old for some buffer request of android 3.0, so right now the statusbar is invisible but still functional. Not sure if I can fix that or have to wait for the AOSP release.

What is not working... pretty much everything else, no accelerometer, no wlan, no sound. Haven't started working on those things yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
graphics acceleration more or less working. The SGX driver seems too old for some buffer request of android 3.0, so right now the statusbar is invisible but still functional. Not sure if I can fix that or have to wait for the AOSP release.

What is not working... pretty much everything else, no accelerometer, no wlan, no sound. Haven't started working on those things yet.

Looks good. Will not likely be difficult to add those bits... do you have a sleep-of-death issue as well?

urbanengine1

Dec 12, 2010
Hobart, Tasmania
Wow, looking great...

Any possibility of a dd image for others (me :p) to test
:D

If it'll take to much time don't worry, id much prefer to see more progress being made than my whiney @ss getting a test...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for all the people that can't wait:

It does indeed run very slow so far.
    Touchscreen is working now. I'll try to get the graphics acceleration running over the weekend that should help with performance.

(and I think it's stupid that I can't post or reply in the development forum without having more than 10 posts.)
    I made a zombie out of the honeycomb preview and one of the nook kernels.
    Touch input doesn't work, no hardware acceleration etc.
    This is my 10th post. I think I'll start a thread in the dev section soon.
    A small update:

The graphics problem is due to the SGX drivers not supporting RGBX_8888 and android assuming it works. With the honeycomb source this would be no problem to fix with some ifs and a recompile. So instead I'm patching the binaries by hand. The statusbar still isn't visible but at least other programs work now instead of showing a black screen.

Still haven't looked into why the sensors don't work. I assume the interface might have changed ... I can see the acceleration sensor working at /dev/input/event3

I have it running from an SD card. It also seems to hibernate/sleep without a problem now.

I'll upload all of this to github and upload a binary somewhere when it's a little bit more usable.

Patience is a virtue (= I have a social life too).