How to Flash MOTOROLA DROID to Cricket: 2.2 Froyo FULL apps,web,mms

Search This thread

urquidezj

Oct 5, 2010
I have a question regarding the apn, I was using ultimate droid did the autostart thing changed the apn and data would work whenever it wanted I flashed bugless beast from rom manager and before I input the apn web was working fine, so are the apn settings for the 45 dollar plan or the android plan? Only thing I had to put was the mms settings, any input will be appreciated

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have a question regarding the apn, I was using ultimate droid did the autostart thing changed the apn and data would work whenever it wanted I flashed bugless beast from rom manager and before I input the apn web was working fine, so are the apn settings for the 45 dollar plan or the android plan? Only thing I had to put was the mms settings, any input will be appreciated

When doing the APNs on a 55 dollar plan phone I don't put the proxy or port in the top section.

55 dollar plan config

Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy <blank>
Port <blank>
Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

45 dollar plan config

Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
APN type <Not set>

Reactions: ventovic

cloakscott

Apr 28, 2009
Trouble with Droid1 in Chicago

Pretty new to flashing carrier changes, so sorry if this is confusing.

I just got a Verizon Droid1 and want to flash it over to Cricket and on my plan I want it to replace my wife's Huawei Ascend.

I've rooted, programmed the NV items, programmed PRL 38515 (confirmed in phone settings), made APN changes (tried the 2 different settings from the previous post, currently on the $55 plan settings), and set up autostart.sh and u2nl.

I'm still on stock 2.2.1 (but rooted).

Currently it shows a Triangle (where I'd expect a 3G) and the bars. I have no idea if its working, but I was wondering if it was possible to tell at this point or if I needed to register it on Cricket first. And if so, do I just call them from another phone and ask to swap devices and give them the new ESN?

I'm in Chicago and the Ascend uses PRL42900.

Also, if I end up wanting to swap this Droid1 back to Verizon in order to sell it, am I screwed if I didn't back up the settings or will a factory reset or something fix that?

With PRL 6499 when I dial 611 I get "your account could not be validated please contact customer services", when I dial *228 it says the code i have dialed is invalid. Neither says a carrier name.

With PRL 38515 when I dial 611 I get "to route your calls to your home service provider please enter your number", when i dial *228 i get something about Verizon.

Found PRL 42900, it works just like 6499

Last edited:

zyrtek69

Oct 7, 2010
I'm stuck with the old market place on my flashed droid 1 j/w if there's any way I can get the new one?

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Pretty new to flashing carrier changes, so sorry if this is confusing.

I just got a Verizon Droid1 and want to flash it over to Cricket and on my plan I want it to replace my wife's Huawei Ascend.

I've rooted, programmed the NV items, programmed PRL 38515 (confirmed in phone settings), made APN changes (tried the 2 different settings from the previous post, currently on the $55 plan settings), and set up autostart.sh and u2nl.

I'm still on stock 2.2.1 (but rooted).

Currently it shows a Triangle (where I'd expect a 3G) and the bars. I have no idea if its working, but I was wondering if it was possible to tell at this point or if I needed to register it on Cricket first. And if so, do I just call them from another phone and ask to swap devices and give them the new ESN?

I'm in Chicago and the Ascend uses PRL42900.

Also, if I end up wanting to swap this Droid1 back to Verizon in order to sell it, am I screwed if I didn't back up the settings or will a factory reset or something fix that?

With PRL 6499 when I dial 611 I get "your account could not be validated please contact customer services", when I dial *228 it says the code i have dialed is invalid. Neither says a carrier name.

With PRL 38515 when I dial 611 I get "to route your calls to your home service provider please enter your number", when i dial *228 i get something about Verizon.

Found PRL 42900, it works just like 6499

Your account can not be validated because you're in a tri band area. You are trying to use a dual band phone.

Check www.mycricket.com for coverage. You will not be able to use the Droid (which is dual band like most Verizon and Sprint phones) in a tri band area without roaming. This is by 95% sure guess.

takenone

Dec 23, 2010
I am one of those eBay flashers... lol.

Anyways if you flash another rom, you will probably not lose recovery, or root access however, there are a few settings you could lose.

Depending on what plan you are on (45 or 55) you risk losing internet access and possibly MMS.

It is possible I guess with the 55 you might be okay. Can anyone verify this? I know he'd lose autostart and u2nl. Not sure about the APN settings and ##program MMS upload 11111 setting.

After extensive testing, it turns out that NO you don't keep MMS settings, and your net will operate at 1x or less speeds. If you make a recovery, when you flash it, it will restore your settings, mms and all.

But damn I want CM 6.1.2 -.-

hoolagan85

Jun 11, 2009
new to droid

i cannot get any of these commands to work in cmd.exe

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
cd c:\android\tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot

i'm certain there is something i am supposed to do with sdk or something to get these commands to work. as this is the first droid os phone that i have attempted to flash adb and sdk and so on and so forth is all new to me
thanks in advance for your help

takenone

Dec 23, 2010
i cannot get any of these commands to work in cmd.exe

adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
Now:
adb shell
adb reboot

i'm certain there is something i am supposed to do with sdk or something to get these commands to work. as this is the first droid os phone that i have attempted to flash adb and sdk and so on and so forth is all new to me
thanks in advance for your help

If your android sdk is up to date, the needed files and the folder you are working out of has changed.

The process would be more like this now:
cd c:\android\platform-tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\platform-tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\platform-tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
adb reboot

If you look in the sdk folder, and look in tools, you'll notice the adb file is not there. It is now located in the platform-tools directory, along with all of the needed files for performing the adb operations.

ventovic

Nov 29, 2007
Kannapolis
Wooohooo got it first try :).....not bragging just happy

Well after reading post after post and thread after thread for over a week now, and my wife wanting to string me up for spending too much time at the computer, I finally took the chance to do this with my droid.....Now my droid was already flashed to Cricket with the 2.1 Smokeglass rom, which it was already like that when I bought it (for a 160 bucks).

Never done anything like this before and my brain was about to explode after all the reading and searching, on how to do this....seemed like everywhere I went, it would say or I was told that I would have to go back to stock and start all over with it.........so I thought, well shoot since its all ready rooted and flashed to Cricket, I will take a chance, and I'll just skip going back to stock and just start with backing up my apps with Astro from the market, and then I downloaded Rom Manager from the market. Now, in the Rom Manager I went to Backup Current Rom and backed it up with no trouble, and then I did the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery from inside Rom Manager,,,,but when I did it would just freeze up and then force close, tried it several times, then I happend to notice, as I was scrolling down the page in rom manager, that at the bottom it said All Clockworkmod Recoveries,,,so I tapped to open it and it showed 4 versions, so I pick the 2.5.0.1 tapped it, and it flashed with no trouble. then I hooked my phone to the computer and copied/paste everything on my SD card to a folder on my desktop, just in case anything happened, I had all my apps saved and backuped.
Then I downloaded the CyanogemMod 6.1.6-droid zip file and then downloaded the google app zip file, that went with that Rom, copied both to my computer desktop, and then placed both of them on the root of my SD card........after that I went back to the Rom Manager and went to Install Rom from SD card, I found the Rom and tapped on it and it asked if I wanted to backup existing rom and if I wanted to wipe data and Cache, I tapped on both and it downloaded the Rom....it didnt take long either.....and when it rebooted and turned on, the rom was there :D....so then I went back to the rom manager and to Install Rom from SD card again, and found the google app (gapps) and tapped on it and it asked me the same as before, so I tapped on both and it did its thing........it rebooted and when it loaded this time I could sign in to my google account because the 3g data was working.....Now at the time I didnt have mms picture ....I just did what it said at the first post and set my APN setting.
You can do that easy by going to market and downloading Anycut...open up anycut, and it will have a button that says, new shortcut, tap on it, and then tap Activity....scroll down to where it says APNs and tap it, then tap ok...go to your home screen and there will be a icon there that says APNs, tap it, now at the top it will say Verizon, Tap it>and it will open your settings....you Change All settings to what it says on the first post....or on page 13 post #122, then hit your menu button and tap save...Now once you do that it will close and it will say Cricket at the top...NOW MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAP THE DOT TO THE RIGHT OF Cricket so it turns green....if you dont, it wont save your settings, and the first time you cut off or reboot your phone it will revert back to Verizon settings.
Sorry for the long story here, I was just happy and wanted to share, just in case someone else was already flashed to Cricket and had 2.1 and wanted to go with 2.2.1 and thought it might be too much trouble.....it sounds...well, it writes out to be alot lol....but it's really not all that hard once you figure it out.
here's the names of the app from market I used and the links to the Rom and google apps. I used the 6.1.2 Rom, but I'm sure any of them would work, or I hope...and remember you have to pik the google apps that go with the Rom.

Astro
Rom Manager
Anycut

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version#Motorola_Droid

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version#Google_Apps

Good luck and I hope this helps someone, if you can understand what I wrote :D

Last edited:

lilj69x

Feb 17, 2008
can any1 help me its not letting me put in the password in qpst everytime i try to write it to the phone i get this error that says "roaming list contains no data". ive tried everything putting back the old prl and even switching roms but i just cannot get past this idk wat to do. is ther any other programs that will let u edit the evdo settings or can it be done from the phone or anything. plese help

wwwilly1986

Sep 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks again for the excellent write up. I'm having one issue though. Seems like in certain areas my phone switches to a 1X data connection. Sometimes restarting the phone will bring 3G back but that always doesn't work. Using Cyanogen 6.1.0. Any help would be appreciated.

tieman123

Aug 19, 2008
Thanks again for the excellent write up. I'm having one issue though. Seems like in certain areas my phone switches to a 1X data connection. Sometimes restarting the phone will bring 3G back but that always doesn't work. Using Cyanogen 6.1.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Sometimes when i roam it will switch back and forth to 1X and EVDO. Also when i send and received text messages or talk it's on 1X. That's how it works with the radio.

Install ScriptRunner to poll your connection every 15 minutes (configurable setting) to restart it if it drops.

tieman123

Aug 19, 2008
well i got the prl on it fine and calls and text work but i cant get the password in for evdo settings because qpst is saying about the roaming list and just stops and dosent write the settings to the phone.

This can be tricky at times.. Make sure you don't click the PRL tab as you're scrolling across all the tabs to get to the M.I.P and PPP Config tabs. Sometimes that has happened to me. Use the scroll arrows on the top right to scroll over to M.I.P. or PPP Config and select it. Then set your password.

wwwilly1986

Sep 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Sometimes when i roam it will switch back and forth to 1X and EVDO. Also when i send and received text messages or talk it's on 1X. That's how it works with the radio.

Install ScriptRunner to poll your connection every 15 minutes (configurable setting) to restart it if it drops.

Thanks. I know the phone is not roaming because in the same area my Cricket branded Android phone has 3G data connection. I have been having a lot of problems with it dropping the connection completely and restarting the connection or just switching to 1X. I have been reading about people having issues with 3G on the Droid who are using the C_01.43.01P baseband, so I am giving the C_01.3E.03P baseband a shot and it seems to have fixed the issue, hopefully.

DexterFichuk

Jun 17, 2010
I can't recieve texts

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but i can't receive texts! Calling, and sending texts work, and so does data. Anyone have any idea or what rom i could try because if i use zeusdroid it does work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash Moto Droid to Cricket / Metro full apps, web,mms.

This is my attempt to recreate the solution from Howard Forums

i may have missed a few steps along the way but here it goes. as of 08/02/2010 - make directory now for 2.2 roms

FILES FOR FLASHING TO CRICKET (U2nl,PRL's,Autostart,SPRecovery,NV items)

Special thanks and credit should go to
    SyZtyM (i recreated his thred for XDA)
    gijoey1980
    Tracphonejunkie
    whiterabittorg
    To0
    Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due**AS read from SyZtyM)
    Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)

You will need:
    1. CDMA WS 2.7 (google)
    2.Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days
    3. Motorola A855 USB drivers (These are the 32bit Drivers)
    4. Cyanogen Mod Rom from Rom Manager in market
    5. SPRecovery
    6&7.Autostart.sh & U2nl from whitrabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.
    8.download Autostart (Root) from Market
    9. NV items from http://www.whiterabbit.org/android (u must generate this uniquely with you mdn@mycricket.com i have included a generated xxx@mycricket.com.text for sample or to replace x's with you MDN

Step 1. First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.

You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Step 2. if you need to ROOT: follow the guide
    than download Rom manager over wifi from MARKET, proceed to flash clockwork and download and install cyanogen 5.xx rom, and google apps..wipe data etc.

Step 2.1 if first fails. get RSD Lite 4.6 (google), Power on phone holding down the up arrow and pressing power, this will put you into bootloader mode.
    Open RSD Lite 4.6
    Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite.
    this should just flash the recovery if not download a rom like SMOKEDGLASS unzip and put in folder on SD named Nandroid

Once the phone is completely rebooted into rooted android, power it off.
    alternately u can install BuglessBeast froyo v 02.1 from alldroid.org then skip to these steps below

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port (your drivers should install and connect etc)

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port 10 click connect. (For this tutorial we will use COM10)

Open CDMA WS 2.7 and (go to settings tab and deselect NV Enabled) then connect to COM10. if you dont deselect you will get PHONE FAILED ERRORS

On security tab send SPC 000000. (msg says phone accepts blah blah blah

Go to tab labeled “Other” and write prl. For Cricket EVDO, 6499(new service plan) and 38515 is recommended.

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
    for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN(6155555551@mycricket.com). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
    Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    Now:
    adb shell
    adb reboot

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, mms, app, gps, and all. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

thanks everyone for reading.

i would also like to thank everyone who helped give back to the droid community by solving this, (I gave up and switched back to my eris for full support like a Beeach! which i bricked twice) im back on DROID baby

currently running BuglessBeast Froyo v 02.1 and the p3 1000 kernel.
    quadrant score: 972
    LOL I'm good to everyone. The Droid X is my current phone.

I'm running the stock rom even though I do want to try out Apex. I've been on Rubix before and it crashed every once and a while.

Had to do some downgrading and upgrading to get on 2.3.340, but that's all good now.

For some reason I'm having to use Handcent in order to send picture mails. That's about it...

PM me if you need anything.
    You do have root access right? I'm pretty sure to push to this area you need it.

Anyways you can install from sd card the Cricket version 10 file located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730289

That works well to get autostart and u2nl up and going.

When doing the APNs on a 55 dollar plan phone I don't put the proxy or port in the top section.

55 dollar plan config

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <blank>
    Port <blank>
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310