[Q] N5 Performance 6 months on

Search This thread

Drizwaldo1

Jun 15, 2010
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Xda!

I have noticed in the last month my N5 starting to become laggy. To be fair I do push it to the limit. I have over 180 apps installed, it's rooted but on a stock ROM with some Xposed mods.

I'm quite aware that a factory reset would sort my issues out but I simply do not have the patience to input all my user data again to get back to where I am today.

Do the good people of XDA have suggestions on diagnosis for my lag, which has become noticeable. Is there a way for me to find out what processes or potential issues I may have which are begining to really hurt my performance and user experience.

Day one this was the zippiest device I'd ever been fortunate enough to lay my hands on. I want that back!

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Xda!

I have noticed in the last month my N5 starting to become laggy. To be fair I do push it to the limit. I have over 180 apps installed, it's rooted but on a stock ROM with some Xposed mods.

I'm quite aware that a factory reset would sort my issues out but I simply do not have the patience to input all my user data again to get back to where I am today.

Do the good people of XDA have suggestions on diagnosis for my lag, which has become noticeable. Is there a way for me to find out what processes or potential issues I may have which are begining to really hurt my performance and user experience.

Day one this was the zippiest device I'd ever been fortunate enough to lay my hands on. I want that back!

Although I think there is a certain element of getting used to the speed of the device over time (so a perceived slow down takes place), the installation of apps that run on boot can also cause issues.

I think the best bet is Greenify anything that you don't need running in the background. For example, the BBC Weather app seems to want to stay in memory 24/7 when I maybe use it once a day. If there are 10 such apps using RAM, that will impact performance more than anything. The number of installed apps should actually have quite a small impact on performance if they are "dormant".

Reactions: Drizwaldo1

Drizwaldo1

Jun 15, 2010
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Although I think there is a certain element of getting used to the speed of the device over time (so a perceived slow down takes place), the installation of apps that run on boot can also cause issues.

I think the best bet is Greenify anything that you don't need running in the background. For example, the BBC Weather app seems to want to stay in memory 24/7 when I maybe use it once a day. If there are 10 such apps using RAM, that will impact performance more than anything. The number of installed apps should actually have quite a small impact on performance if they are "dormant".

Thank you for the two suggestions.

Clearing the Dalvik and cache took an age but seems to have made an immediate impact once the system settled in on boot. I haven't updated my greenify list in ages so that is something I will box shortly....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you ever wipe the cache/Dalvik? If not, I would start there.
    Xda!