Search This thread

anuderpins

Nov 29, 2012
Basically, every time I install ANY AOSP ROM, these problems occur:

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance. :D

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.

Reactions: anuderpins

anuderpins

Nov 29, 2012
I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.

I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?

Gives you ton of customization, check it on the thread or xposed, gives you all the info you need

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anuderpins

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Gives you ton of customization, check it on the thread or xposed, gives you all the info you need

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk