[INFO] UK Prices and Disscusion ONLY

Search This thread

Shodney

Jul 16, 2010
Leeds
I got a reply to my earlier tweet, which was:

So to clarify - I will be able to go into an O2 store tomorrow, and walk out with a Galaxy Nexus?

And their response was:

Well, yes - subject to usual stock and eligibility. And as long as u don't go in wearing a balaclava & yelling 'stick em up'.

So I guess that's about as clear we can get :)

I still refuse to get my hopes up, as we've been in this position before (a retailer promising a date). Then there's the fact that Phones4u are telling people that their London store will be the only place in the UK to buy one tomorrow, so someone is telling porkies...;)

I won't believe anything until I hold one in my sweaty palms. :D

HooloovooUK

May 25, 2007
https://www.facebook.com/Phones4u
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288510437848347

From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Android’s first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus! The first 100 purchases of the Nexus will come with a £250 voucher for free movies, music and film content for you to enjoy on the phone! We will be serving proper ice cream sandwiches too! Mmmmm

JamesC1982

Feb 20, 2011
Ok guys, good news for O2 customers. Their official Twitter account has replied to me saying that the phone will definitely be available online and in "some" stores from tomorrow!! WIN!

Denonite

Apr 4, 2011
Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days

skanj

Sep 2, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days

I'm glad I ordered one from 3 and phones4u as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Bilhouse

Apr 14, 2011
Damn. No way of knowing which O2 stores will have stock until tomorrow. Hope its a local one. Don't feel like trekking into London tomorrow. Might just order online and hope it arrives by Friday.

Spewy1

May 29, 2011
Manchester
I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)

Shodney

Jul 16, 2010
Leeds
I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)

Yay! :D Is it PAYG or contract?

So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one" :rolleyes:

Now do I want to travel over from Leeds?... ;)

jabok

Jan 3, 2008
So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one" :rolleyes:

Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Android’s first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch. ;)

Reactions: Shodney

Shodney

Jul 16, 2010
Leeds
Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Android’s first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch. ;)

Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me one bit :D

bigf00t

Jan 24, 2008
What the hell is the point of pre-orders if you're just gonna prioritise people who walk in to a shop on launch day?

Bunch of Muppets.

Tomo-L

May 5, 2009
I ordered one from Carphone Warehouse unfortunately so I won't get mine for what'll feel like an eternity. I'm wondering if I can just cancel my order and pick one up from somewhere else.

Lcrkz0023

Jan 15, 2009
LOUISVILLE
I ordered one from Carphone Warehouse unfortunately so I won't get mine for what'll feel like an eternity. I'm wondering if I can just cancel my order and pick one up from somewhere else.

you should be able to cancel any order you want for an item that hasnt shipped. Normally they dont even charge your CC until it ships, all they do is pre-authorize it for the $$ amount. Contact them via phone or email w/ your order# and cancel.

uL7iMa

Jan 10, 2011
For those who contacted 3 regarding the nexus, do you know if they will have the phone in store tomorrow?

Or will they only have it on the 23rd, like the sim free stores?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
anyone know if phones4u will be selling sim free tomorrow? or will it be on contract only?
I rang the Oxford Street Phones4u store this morning and the assistant told me they would be selling Sim Free phones tomorrow so im pretty sure they wont be selling just contracts. You should be able to get Contract, PAYG or Sim Free in store.

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I originally ordered with mobiles.co.uk, then found a better deal on buymobilephones.net so rang up and cancelled mobiles.co.uk after I placed my new order. When information came through that everyone was being delayed apart from phones4u I rang them up and placed an order with them, then rang buymobilephones.net and cancelled that one so im on my 3rd order now and didnt have any problems cancelling the other 2.

If they ask for a reason just say its because of lack of availability.

Mark.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O2 Pricing is here guys

Hi all, I have been watching this thread for a while but finally have something good to contribute....

Just been into my local O2 store and had a chat with their manager. He confirmed that the Nexus will be in this week (Thursday is expected of course) and also gave me a print out of pricing. I have split it up here:

24m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195618.jpg

18/12m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195647.jpg

Simplicity/no contract (and proof it is from O2!)

IMG_20111114_195712.jpg

Taking those pictures would have been so much easier with the GN's panaramic mode!

So, no real surprises. It costs £500 off-contract, the same as 3. The manager also told me that it would be network-locked. So much for networks not interfering with Nexus phones. ;)

Anyway, perhaps I will see some of you there at 9:30 on Thu!
    RT @googlenexus: Galaxy Nexus is landing in the UK! 8am at Phones4U, or over the coming days from O2, Three, or Vodafone. http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/

So again, a veiled hint that there is some exclusivity deal with Phones4U.

Just been on the phone to O2 and they havent arrived and theres no tariffs in their system...

Been advised to call back after 1pm as they'll have a delivery at around midday
    Just got off the phone with upgrades at O2. I'm a gold customer if that's going to influence anything, but they told me they have the Galaxy Nexus in stock, with a 1-2 working day delivery time.

Asked about 12 month pricing, as that's what I'm interested in; got these in response:

600 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £42 pcm with £224 upfront

300 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £37 pcm with £249 upfront

200 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £32 pcm with £254 upfront

100 minutes
    500 texts
    500MB data
    £27 pcm with £274 upfront

I'd suggest anyone who has called and been put back, tries again until they get someone competent, or fancies asking whether this is currently only available to upgrade/certain levels of customer upgrading.

(PS suffice to say, I have mine being delivered in 1-2 working days ;) )

Update: Wewp!
    10paibm.png
    Outcome of disscusion with phones4u customer service (pay monthly contract):

Jenny W says:
    I am sorry about the delay with the stock, there has been a further update that states all orders for the Nexus will be delivered pre 9am on the 18th November, again I am really sorry about the delay.

All good things comes to those who wait. Just have patience and you will get your phones soon enough :)

Mark.
    I don't think you can actually...

Source

Somebody must physically complete a form in the UK and have it certified by UK customs, I also think they need to sight the goods in most cases.

And I don't think you can do a VAT free transaction to a UK address... :(

Because it's being handled twice I don't think there is a way around...

That links for people who have been in the UK and are leaving with the goods http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...ertyType=document&id=HMCE_CL_000130#P103_7314 is more relevant in this case.

From looking through it you can get a third party to handle it as long as it is exported within 3 months, the gods aren't used before export etc.