[Q] cannot seem to flash recovery?

Search This thread

rm_2

Oct 11, 2008
i am having a weird issue. i have an htc one m8t (china mobile lte version)

i can fastboot-flash all kinds of recoveries, i always get a "success" message, but then, when i enter recovery from hboot, i always get this:

VIDEO0005_0000000649.jpg

and it returns to hboot. i am beginning to suspect something else is wrong ... but what?

i am having a weird issue. i have an htc one m8t (china mobile lte version)

i can fastboot-flash all kinds of recoveries, i always get a "success" message, but then, when i enter recovery from hboot, i always get this:

View attachment 2774300

and it returns to hboot. i am beginning to suspect something else is wrong ... but what?
Have you tried flashing a rom from recovery?

nope. i might have mis-flashed something else before. but now, i cannot even ENTER recovery. no matter which recovery i flash, when i tried to go HBOOT -> recovery, i get the screen above and then it goes back to HBOOT.
Might i suggest you download the all in one tool and flash TWRP from that. Is your PC seeing your phone still. Or if you are ok with adb use that to flash TWRP. To help properly we need more info on how you flashed it what method ETC.

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
OP, do NOT flash a toolkit - learn to do it yourself. Toolkits are for the lazy as you never learn what you're doing or what to do if things go wrong...

Now, I'm thinking you've flashed a recovery not designed for your phone as the Chinese M8 is different from the others. You'll need to find a custom recovery for your device. What's the model code btw? For edxample, the EU handset is the M8_UL

rm_2

Oct 11, 2008
OP, do NOT flash a toolkit - learn to do it yourself. Toolkits are for the lazy as you never learn what you're doing or what to do if things go wrong...

Now, I'm thinking you've flashed a recovery not designed for your phone as the Chinese M8 is different from the others. You'll need to find a custom recovery for your device. What's the model code btw? For edxample, the EU handset is the M8_UL

well, i don't have a standalone windows anyway. macos and linux only.

fastboot sees this phone:

$ fastboot getvar modelid
modelid: 0P6B50000

$ fastboot getvar cid
cid: HTCCN701

i have found a guy on one of the electronics markets who says he can flash it back to stock ... let's see ...

does anybody know just HOW different this phone is? is it just the radio? superficially, the specs seem the same ...

it seems the model it goes by on the market is m8t, getvar all has these:

INFOproduct: m8_tl
INFOversion-bootloader: 3.17.0.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 1.15.213311192.30G

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
well, i don't have a standalone windows anyway. macos and linux only.

fastboot sees this phone:

$ fastboot getvar modelid
modelid: 0P6B50000

$ fastboot getvar cid
cid: HTCCN701

i have found a guy on one of the electronics markets who says he can flash it back to stock ... let's see ...

does anybody know just HOW different this phone is? is it just the radio? superficially, the specs seem the same ...

If you do fastboot getvar all it should have the model type in there...if not, it'll be at the top of the HBOOT screen

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Have you tried just booting a custom recovery, fastboot boot whatever_recovery.img ?

rm_2

Oct 11, 2008
CMW-based recovery for m8t

i couldn't get the guy to give me his collection of factory- and OTA roms, but i found this:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWjnqaw

which contains a CWM-based recovery (in chinese ... ) that works on the m8t (m8_tl), and a htcm8root.zip

fastboot flash recovery $RECOVERY

and then, in recover

install ZIP from SD card

this seems to work for root ...