[Q] stuck on teamwin logo

Search This thread

Arals

Nov 24, 2013
i'm using omnirom 4.4.2 but i want to upgrade to 4.4.4 but everytime i boot to recovery i'm stucked at teamwin logo

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
Bad luck...
Could you give some more info? Did you do a factory reset? What ROM exactly did you flash? Why don't you just wait that someone answers your question?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk

Arals

Nov 24, 2013
I'm using omni ROM 4.4 since nov2013. This all started when I flashed the 050514 build. I did not do factory reset because i'm using omnirom before

Arals

Nov 24, 2013
I waited for a few minutes. Still nothing goes to teamwin logo then black screen then teamwin logo then black screen over and over

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
I waited for a few minutes. Still nothing goes to teamwin logo then black screen then teamwin logo then black screen over and over

Download philz XXLTA tar kernel file and flash using odin, uncheck auto reboot. . Power off and boot into recovery. Then flash raw kernel and flash your ROM again.

jah732

Apr 13, 2014
Can you explain this process to a noob, please

Download philz XXLTA tar kernel file and flash using odin, uncheck auto reboot. . Power off and boot into recovery. Then flash raw kernel and flash your ROM again.

I am more or less a noob so I need very precise instructions if I am to follow your advice.

I have a rooted N7000 running Asylum Omnirom 4.4.2. (Omni version 4.4.2-20140318-Asylum-N7000, Baseband N7000XXLT3 Kernel version 3.0.64-666-g5984047 chasmodo@chasmodo-wendigo #1 Tue Mar 18 05:29:00 CET 2014 Asylum Omni Build omni_n7000-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L Eng.chasmodo.20140318.045429 test-keys)

I have TWRP on it (unsure of the version - all the software I used to root my phone is on my external harddrive at home.). This morning it was working fine but then rebooted unexpectedly. When it powered back on, it got stuck at the Samsung screen, so I rebooted but it was still stuck so I pulled the battery to reboot. No good, still in bootloop. So went into recovery mode and did factory reset/wipe data. It started but saw no progress whatsoever (i.e. no blue colour overtaking the grey along the spinning bar showing it was progressing along). I had to do some other things so left it plugged into the wall charger (battery was at about 78% when it rebooted but I did have both bluetooth and wifi running so that could really drain it). When I returned about 40 minutes later it was back at the Samsung screen. Now if I try to go into recovery, I get the TEAMWIN splash screen but it never goes beyond that. Tried pulling the battery, sim card, SD card, and various combinations. Tried a different battery, tried all sorts of variations I found searching but none have gotten me either past the Samsung screen if I try to boot up normally, or past the TEAMWIN screen if I try to boot into recovery.

I found this thread from last year and I am hoping this will work for my situation. However, I have never used ODIN (it seems to be there if I do the Volume down-power-home combination) so I want to make sure I understand this precisely. When you say flash the raw kernel, what precisely are you referring to? When I originally rooted my phone I just followed a YouTube video and don't recall having a "raw kernel". So I need some guidance as to what you mean by this, please.

Thanks

jah732

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
I found this thread from last year and I am hoping this will work for my situation. However, I have never used ODIN (it seems to be there if I do the Volume down-power-home combination) so I want to make sure I understand this precisely. When you say flash the raw kernel, what precisely are you referring to? When I originally rooted my phone I just followed a YouTube video and don't recall having a "raw kernel". So I need some guidance as to what you mean by this, please.
Thanks
jah732

Search for Philz thread for N7000.. go to the 3rd post where it says TW kernels and download the xxtla kernel.. download odin 1.85 from google. Make sure you have Samsung usb drivers installed.. If not, google that too and download from Samsung developer site. Install it.. Make sure you have no kies processes running in the task manager.
Boot the phone in download mode and connect to PC. open odin as admin. (watch Youtube video for how to flash using odin)
Select the kernel file in PDA and uncheck the autoreboot option..
flash.. Once you get a green pass or res ok.. remove the cable and remove the battery.
Boot into recovery by pressing the vol up+home+home (obviously put the battery back in)
You should get Philz recovery.. Check and proceed from there.

Top Liked Posts