[APP] Purple Cherry formally WJ7 (Wario's Jewels 7) Gameboy Emulator

Search This thread

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
iI can't set the emulator to the Games Hub cause the AppHub ask about PEGI certification (and other different certifciation) on certain countries.
I'm sure you can. Nudua had no trouble putting his NES emulator into the Games hub...

You should ask Nudua what settings he used during submission so you can get your emulators into the Games hub too.

Nudua

Mar 23, 2011
the Apphub has been modified few weeks ago with this feature.
May be Nudua does not have this problem because this feature wasn't exist before.
Anyway, I'll ask him ;)

I manually edited the genre to games in the WMAppManifest.xml;
Genre="apps.games"

I don't think they alter that part of the manifest, but I may be wrong.

I also skipped Brazil and South Korea because they require rating certificates and it's far too complicated to get them for these countries. Other countries doesn't require the rating even though u may supply one.

Imo the rating system is completely pointless.

Jul 6, 2011
Hi Nudua,

I manually edited the genre to games in the WMAppManifest.xml;
Genre="apps.games"

PurpleCherry & BlueTomato have already this settings.

I don't think they alter that part of the manifest, but I may be wrong.

I guess not.

I also skipped Brazil and South Korea because they require rating certificates and it's far too complicated to get them for these countries. Other countries doesn't require the rating even though u may supply one.

No problem with UK ?
I've already apps downloaded from Brazil and it's not fair to unsupport this country for a game certification reason.

Nudua

Mar 23, 2011
Hi Nudua,

PurpleCherry & BlueTomato have already this settings.

I guess not.

No problem with UK ?
I've already apps downloaded from Brazil and it's not fair to unsupport this country for a game certification reason.

This is the page on how to obtain the certificate for Brazil: (It's in Portuguese..)
http://portal.mj.gov.br/classificacao/data/Pages/MJ6BC270E8PTBRNN.htm

And here's the one for South Korea: http://www.grb.or.kr/english/default.html

There's a 7 step process that has to be gone through for the South Korean one.. and opting out of the games category for just two countries is not worth it.

If there's enough demand I might submit a version to only those countries that show up in the normal category, but that's not really a great solution either.

I've never had any issues with the UK.

brunooz

Sep 1, 2011
I'm from Brazil and I totally understand why there is so few games in Brazil's Game Section of the Marketplace. I agree with Nudua, it's a pain in the a$$ for the developer to submit a game here with all that bureaucracy required.

But as a consumer from Brazil, I have to thank a lot Samuel Blanchard for submitting the Purple Cherry as an App and not as a Game, this is the only fast and easy way for us here to get the games without a lot of pain for the developer.

I know that it's much more cool to have the game in the Xbox game Hub, but I prefer have the game out of the Xbox hub than not have the game at all!

Samuel Blanchard, thanks for supporting Brazil, I was one of the buyers of Purple Cherry from here and will soon buy blue tomato also. :4 )

Nudua, I have already played with your emulator using a student developer account and the Phone7Market program found here in XDA and it is great! I'm sure people here in Brazil will love to play your NES emulator also, if you put a version of it in the app section too. NES is very popular here.
:4 )

dirtymagic86

Dec 1, 2011
UK
I would just like to say thanks. Both Purple Cherry and Blue Tomato are awesome..

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer you saved games over from Warios Jewels to Purple Cherry if you are using the same ROM? I know its a long shot..

Sent from my HTC Titan using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Nudua

Mar 23, 2011
Nudua, I have already played with your emulator using a student developer account and the Phone7Market program found here in XDA and it is great! I'm sure people here in Brazil will love to play your NES emulator also, if you put a version of it in the app section too. NES is very popular here.
I will do so when 1.0 gets through certification.

Reactions: brunooz

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
Just updated to v1.1.0

There's now an "Activate sound" checkbox, but it doesn't do anything :confused:

uncled1023

Mar 2, 2009
www.teknik.io
Very nice work! So far it works amazingly. One little issue. I don't know if it is the rom i'm using or not, but from reading previous feedback i don't think it is my rom. I am playing Pokemon Blue, and when I "die" (All my pokemon faint), it goes to a black screen but then stops there. I have to then do a reset and go back to my previous save that I did in-game. Any reasons for this?

Otherwise amazing job and keep up the good work.

Crash1k

Jan 22, 2012
You did a really great job with this App! Thank you for your great contribution to the hombrew-community.

I have a question: What about exporting the saved files? Like, what if I want to continue the game on PC or on another WP where I have Purple Cherry installed? Is there any way to export the Save-Files?

Thanks in advance and keep this up!

shardnet

Mar 31, 2012
Just bought the emulator earlier. Have to say it seems to work quite well.

Though one thing I found weird about the trial, before actually buying, is how all the options were still available, skydrive login showed up and just closed and similar.

Was quite confusing actually. Would have been better if there was a message to the user when they try to set a feature not available in the demo, that it's indeed not available.

I can see it confusing a lot of people into thinking it's buggy.

thatboydrae

Jan 12, 2010
P'Vegas
Very nice work! So far it works amazingly. One little issue. I don't know if it is the rom i'm using or not, but from reading previous feedback i don't think it is my rom. I am playing Pokemon Blue, and when I "die" (All my pokemon faint), it goes to a black screen but then stops there. I have to then do a reset and go back to my previous save that I did in-game. Any reasons for this?

Otherwise amazing job and keep up the good work.

Just save states every so often and make copies of them. That's what I do and it works out well.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

You did a really great job with this App! Thank you for your great contribution to the hombrew-community.

I have a question: What about exporting the saved files? Like, what if I want to continue the game on PC or on another WP where I have Purple Cherry installed? Is there any way to export the Save-Files?

Thanks in advance and keep this up!

I'm interested in this feature as well...
Thanks for an amazing app.

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
This just got updated to v1.2 :D

Good news is that it seems faster than ever, and now allows sprites to use their own color pallet.

The bad news? Still no sound emulation :confused:

Also, it looks like he tried to add the GameBoy Color default pallet (named "Left Blue" in the pallet list)... but the colors are all off a bit. It looks far better, but still doesn't look right.
Edit: Comparison between "Left Blue" and the GameBoy Color default pallet:

7Xy3i.png

It's very close, but the background blue color is WAY off. If that were fixed, I'd be very happy with how games look on this emulator :D

Last edited:

GreatFalco

Jul 28, 2012
Nice job with this app! But I have a question, hoy can I read the backup? I can't figure out :rolleyes:

Edit: Nevermind, now my winrar opens it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Everyone. We are doing a complete redesign of WJ7 we will be changing the name to Purple Cherry also. Stay tuned for more updates.

Hey everyone. I am excited to announce that today is the day that WJ7 is released to the public! :D After months and months of testing we have finally finished it!

You can download the XAP here! http://wj7.fr.cr/

Here is a list of all the games that work atm :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6q3851dubkkw7yr

Here is a free public domain game to get you started

http://80.118.144.61/wordpress/wj7/GameList/GameList.xml

If you need help I can assist you in the comments below :)

Enjoy everyone :)
    Someone needs to post the instructions because i don't know what to do

I. Installation of GameListCreator

II. Creation of a GameList

• Execute GameListCreator.exe
    • Press "+" to create a new list
    • Choose the destination of the GameList.txt/Roms/Covers
    • Press "+ Add" to enter a new game in the list
    • Then choose your ROM via "..." (Edit Game)
    • Fill the boxes you want (you can use gbdb.org to fills it for you)
    • Once you have finished your GameList just press "Save"

543f293a0571bd35626c182cccb6b.jpg

III. Webserver

• Use a Webserver (HFS, SimpleWebServer...) to "mount" your repertories (Roms & Covers) and the GameList.xml
    • Set your firewall to authorize your device to communicate with your PC

1fc3fcd539e4c7dd340f6db8730d1.jpg

IV. Importation of the GameList

• Launch Wario Jewels on the phone
    • Go to Games > Settings
    • Add the address of your GameList.xml

ff9e71aa954f3c1a7f5f438c9d792.jpg
    You should ask Nudua what settings he used during submission so you can get your emulators into the Games hub too.

the Apphub has been modified few weeks ago with this feature.
    May be Nudua does not have this problem because this feature wasn't exist before.
    Anyway, I'll ask him ;)
    http://gamelistcreator.codeplex.com/

There is what you have to to to create a GameList.

Afterwards - Upload your "Covers" and "Roms" folders to a webserver, as well as the GameList.xml

Then just enter this URL in the Game Settings. Et volià.
    I will do so when 1.0 gets through certification.