[Q] Is Samsung Doing Too Much?

Search This thread

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
Ok so they just released the Galaxy Note 8.0, announced new tabs and the new Note 10.1 2014 edition, and now they've got these PRO series tablets out....

Is it me, or is Samsung doing way too much at once?

Don't get me wrong, the Note PRO looks awesome, but this is a little overboard. Some devices will be inevitably left behind on updates, and this only intensifies the problem..... What do you think?

Reactions: enigma_x

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
I think that Samsung has enough invested that they would rather make 12 "OK" tablets then one "All in One" device to try and gain a bigger market footprint. This allows them to try and pull in more people due to the wide range of options. Don't like a 12 inch tablet? well there's also 10 and 8~ inch options. Want a S-Pen? Well there's the note series for that which comes in all sizes.

Personally there are only 2 comfortable sized tablets; 10 inch ones for school and work, and 7 inch for media and play.

Reactions: Justinchi

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
I think the 12 inch tablet is basically Samsung giving us the closest thing to a desktop or shall I say "NOTEbook" for an android tablet. Like the Original note this could be revolutionary or it could flop. If anyone can make 12 inch+ tablets it's Samsung or Apple. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE] @ddggttff3 I see your point. Man they're just so all over the place. Makes competition seem irrelevant and updates for most devices unlikely. Yea, I think 12 inches is just outrageous. May as well include the dock by default.

@md1008 I guess so, but they need to start including keyboard docks and feasible hardware instead of all this bundled crapware allegedly worth hundreds of bucks.

enigma_x

Jan 1, 2013
I feel nowadays that they are only flooding the market, IMHO. Some are great products, for sure, but too much is just too much. You don't know anymore what to buy. It's like they made a tablet today, tomorrow they will make a new one but only difference is that 3G is now 4G. Why they didn't made the 4G in the first place and sell only this 4G-model? It would be much easier to update them, when they have less devices to update.

If I need to choose a tablet for me, from Samsung, I wouldnt know what to buy. When I look a some webstore to buy a tablet there is a list:
tab2 7.0 wifi tab3 7.0 wifi tab3 7.0 wifi+3g tab3 8.0 wifi tab3 8.0 wifi+3g tab3 8.0 wifi+4g tab3 10.1 wifi tab3 10.1 wifi+4g tab3 10.1 wifi+3g note 8.0 wifi note 8.0 wifi+4g note 10.1 2014 wifi+4g note 10.1 2014 wifi nexus 10 tab3 kids 7.0 wifi .... WHAT??

If I hadnt ever used Android, I would be lost totally. And this was only devices made by Samsung. Wait a couple months and there will be more of them! (Pro's and Neo's and ...?) If you considering to buy a smaller one, you have already to choose between these:
(tab2 7.0)
tab3 7.0 wifi
tab3 7.0 wifi+3g
tab3 8.0 wifi
tab3 8.0 wifi+3g
tab3 8.0 wifi+4g
note 8.0 (spen)

Was it really necessary to make so many models? Do you think, you will get updates in the future? Nowadays I understand it quite well why people like Apple and they feel that Android is just a big mess. Well, of course, we know that the problem is not Android but manufacturers like Samsung who are only flooding markets with multiple devices.

So yes, I feel Samsung is doing just too much.

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
I feel nowadays that they are only flooding the market, IMHO. Some are great products, for sure, but too much is just too much. You don't know anymore what to buy. It's like they made a tablet today, tomorrow they will make a new one but only difference is that 3G is now 4G. Why they didn't made the 4G in the first place and sell only this 4G-model? It would be much easier to update them, when they have less devices to update.

If I need to choose a tablet for me, from Samsung, I wouldnt know what to buy. When I look a some webstore to buy a tablet there is a list:
tab2 7.0 wifi tab3 7.0 wifi tab3 7.0 wifi+3g tab3 8.0 wifi tab3 8.0 wifi+3g tab3 8.0 wifi+4g tab3 10.1 wifi tab3 10.1 wifi+4g tab3 10.1 wifi+3g note 8.0 wifi note 8.0 wifi+4g note 10.1 2014 wifi+4g note 10.1 2014 wifi nexus 10 tab3 kids 7.0 wifi .... WHAT??

If I hadnt ever used Android, I would be lost totally. And this was only devices made by Samsung. Wait a couple months and there will be more of them! (Pro's and Neo's and ...?) If you considering to buy a smaller one, you have already to choose between these:
(tab2 7.0)
tab3 7.0 wifi
tab3 7.0 wifi+3g
tab3 8.0 wifi
tab3 8.0 wifi+3g
tab3 8.0 wifi+4g
note 8.0 (spen)

Was it really necessary to make so many models? Do you think, you will get updates in the future? Nowadays I understand it quite well why people like Apple and they feel that Android is just a big mess. Well, of course, we know that the problem is not Android but manufacturers like Samsung who are only flooding markets with multiple devices.

Lol I know right! It's a circus! The hardware differences aren't even very significant. They would build more Customer Loyalty if they supported devices long-term and marketed massive feature updates well. They did it with the 4.1 update, calling it a premium suite. Maybe it didnt work so well. =/

Beamed into time from Eternity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so they just released the Galaxy Note 8.0, announced new tabs and the new Note 10.1 2014 edition, and now they've got these PRO series tablets out....

Is it me, or is Samsung doing way too much at once?

Don't get me wrong, the Note PRO looks awesome, but this is a little overboard. Some devices will be inevitably left behind on updates, and this only intensifies the problem..... What do you think?
    I think that Samsung has enough invested that they would rather make 12 "OK" tablets then one "All in One" device to try and gain a bigger market footprint. This allows them to try and pull in more people due to the wide range of options. Don't like a 12 inch tablet? well there's also 10 and 8~ inch options. Want a S-Pen? Well there's the note series for that which comes in all sizes.

Personally there are only 2 comfortable sized tablets; 10 inch ones for school and work, and 7 inch for media and play.
    I think the 12 inch tablet is basically Samsung giving us the closest thing to a desktop or shall I say "NOTEbook" for an android tablet. Like the Original note this could be revolutionary or it could flop. If anyone can make 12 inch+ tablets it's Samsung or Apple. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(tab2 7.0)
    tab3 7.0 wifi
    tab3 7.0 wifi+3g
    tab3 8.0 wifi
    tab3 8.0 wifi+3g
    tab3 8.0 wifi+4g
    note 8.0 (spen)

Samsung is doing too much.

They are going end up like SEGA if they don't slow down.