[Q] USB OTG with CM 10.2

Search This thread

HardOnChairs

May 13, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I'm trying to run DSLR Controller on my kindle that Ijust flashed with CM 10.2. Is OTG not enabled currently or is my problem something else?

Is there any way to get it working, if that is the case?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You have to compile a custom kernel with otg enabled to use otg, and power the device up with a power supply of sorts or it won't have enough power.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Beaker319

Dec 20, 2013
Same reply

I'm trying to run DSLR Controller on my kindle that Ijust flashed with CM 10.2. Is OTG not enabled currently or is my problem something else?

Is there any way to get it working, if that is the case?

Yeah I got same reply from Stunts513. There has to be an expert out there that can help us out as this is so important to so many Kindle Fire HD users.

I personally have so many uses for the OTG, meetings, keyboard, flash drives and a mouse. BTW all of this works on my stock Galaxy 3S but the screen is too small for my use.

There has to be someone out there that has done what Stunts513 is suggesting. Anyone??

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I would give it a go if I had the disk space available on my Linux partition, but i don't because of the other ROM source code. Anyone with some basic Linux experience and a little bit of knowledge about compiling linux kernels could do it, it's not too difficult since it's just basically recompiling something we know compiles already.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app