Poor battery life?

Search This thread

chancooluk

Feb 2, 2011
Is anybody experiencing really high battery use when the phone should be sleeping?

The battery life on my p970 is crap!

With all services and apps stopped or closed it uses 100% battery with wifi on and over a 3g network (data off) within 24 hours. I'm not even using the phone in these 24 hours, its just been left on the side after a full charge... 23 hours and 2 minutes later and its dead.

I can get almost 50 hours out of my desire s with light>moderate usage, it was the same with my optimus one and moto defy.

So why does the phone use soooo much battery when it should be sleeping?

A 1500mah battery should easily give 2 days with light usage on froyo... But under 24 hours with no usage at all?

i04055

Jan 15, 2011
Are you using optimus launcher? Mine was the same, but since i change to go launcher and uninstall some.of stock widget and apps it's got better.. got 36 hour medium use.... It consumes 5% in 7 hour idle (when i sleep)..

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA App

mgregor

Jul 9, 2011
Warsaw
Are you using optimus launcher? Mine was the same, but since i change to go launcher and uninstall some.of stock widget and apps it's got better.. got 36 hour medium use.... It consumes 5% in 7 hour idle (when i sleep)..

Which one you uninstalled? You rooted phone and what were you use to remove that apps/widgets? Is there any possibility to recovery that apps if (in example) I need to service phone?

chancooluk

Feb 2, 2011
Well, i've rooted it and removed a bunch of widgets and services including LG home (as launcherpro was installed). Left it on the side for just under 2 hours and it's gone down from 51% to 32%, an 19% drop...

Think it needs to go on eBay :(

i04055

Jan 15, 2011
Which one you uninstalled? You rooted phone and what were you use to remove that apps/widgets? Is there any possibility to recovery that apps if (in example) I need to service phone?

Some apps and widget like batery, cars, sns, news, etc but i keep the home launcher though.. Use titanium backup, and sure it kan be restored...

I don't think it is hardware problem, so just wait until custom rom release and tried it, it sould be significant battery life improvement..

pihx

May 29, 2011
I rooted mine, uninstalled a bunch of LG apps and widgets and removed apps i do not need, even Titanium Backup. I'm getting great battery now. After 38hours it's at 64% with light use.

I suggest getting a system monitor app to see what is using up resources when idle. I've used System Panel but i also hear good things about Whatchdog which has a free Lite version.

It's definately software related.

Mar 6, 2010
Check your battery usage in Settings. I found out that my gallery app was using up all the battery. Make sure that your Picasa Sync and Google+ Instant Upload features are turned off. These two services use your Gallery all the time apparently...

yeomond

Jun 9, 2010
its definitely a software problem with LG, before my OBlack would last only 24 hours even with 3G and wifi off (wtf!)

but after i killed all the services relating to LG (go to settings>applications>manage services) its now at 75% after 17 hours with 1 hour of wifi usage and some calls

pihx

May 29, 2011
All we can do is wait for Cyanogenmod for ours LG OB...

Or just root the phone and uninstall LG crapware.

I just plugged in my phone after 3 days 15 hours and 29 minutes of use and i even had 18% left. That's 87 hours of use. I admit that it is light use, but i use it.

pihx

May 29, 2011
Yeah the battery isn't bad once you root and uninstall LG apps. I consistently get 2-3 days without a charge with light to medium use.

lesp4ul

Yeah the battery isn't bad once you root and uninstall LG apps. I consistently get 2-3 days without a charge with light to medium use.

Whoaa 3 days??? Did you disabled background data and turning off data and turned on only if you wanna use internet? Or no widget(s) installed?

Oh yeah I want to add another one reason why the phone battery drained out fast > carrier signal strenght and quality. If carrier's signal is not stable, your phone might have to work harder to maintain it to keep connected.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What governor should I use on Nova7 to maximize battery life and should I overclock it to use less battery???

Aa far as I know, InteractiveX is the more battery saver.

And, of course, don't overclock your phone if the priority is the batt!

Try user defined, 1000, 700, 500 and 300 with 58, 51, 41 and 29.

For the first time, don't set it on autoboot! Try this parameters and normally use the phone to see if everithing is fine. Once all ok, re-set the same parameters with autoset on boot and reboot to see if it runs well.

At the moment SBT doesn't runs fine, deactivate it (in misc options you must read 'Boost Standby Batt Tweak' and this indicates that is deactivated).

Regards.