[Q] anyone bought samsung focus from ebay!

Search This thread

bhaskar1590

Oct 2, 2011
i ordered it on ebay!after ordering it i saw this in the description "The box is Re-Packaged by us after unlocking along with a high quality OEM battery and charger.
OEM Battery/Charger is a compatible Battery/Charger and NOT manufactured by Samsung".anyone bought it on ebay!did u get the same or should i cancel the order?

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
i ordered it on ebay!after ordering it i saw this in the description "The box is Re-Packaged by us after unlocking along with a high quality OEM battery and charger.
OEM Battery/Charger is a compatible Battery/Charger and NOT manufactured by Samsung".anyone bought it on ebay!did u get the same or should i cancel the order?

Few things to consider (now and later):
- if the seller specified no returns, or specific conditions for returns, you'll be forced to respect those conditions, as per eBay rules.
- other people (including myself) are using OEM Battery/Chargers with no issues.
- if something is too good to be true (too cheap), it's probably not.
- you should have asked why the original charger/battery wasn't included; personally for me this indicates either a refurbished phone or an overworked phone, or that the owner was careless, or even worse, a stolen phone (but it depends on circumstances, ofc).
- if the item doesn't correspond to the description, you can open a dispute in eBay/PayPal

bhaskar1590

Oct 2, 2011
i am counting on it!if it is a matter of concern i will cancel the order and buy it from other seller!or else i will go on with it!

nipungupta7

Mar 8, 2010
Delhi
well i too have ordered from cell-force.in in ebay
maybe my shipment will come either today or tomorrow
will give my feedback here

PS: i asked the seller and he said he is providing original battery and charger, and he has good rating also
but keeping fingers crossed

bhaskar1590

Oct 2, 2011
i bought it from cart 2 india!i am cancelling it!they are not even providing the earphones!do not opt for cart 2 india!waste of money and time!cell forcein looked more promising!please post after you receive your phone!

divdroid

Jan 3, 2011
Mumbai
I Have ordered around 6 Samsung focus from two different sellers.
Cell-force.in
Cart2india

The device and accessories offered by cellforce are genuine and original also y=the shipping time is minimum. wheres cart2india gives oem battery and charger also doest provide earphones also the shipping time takes around 10-15 days.

Returned the phone to the seller as i was not happy with the accessories. Got the refund :D

I will highly recommend cellforce for the genuine product he sells

bhaskar1590

Oct 2, 2011
i am also returning it!i ordered it on sep 27th!i did not receive it till now!i messaged him to cancel the order!so how many days did it take to get the refund?

ashokeez

Sep 29, 2009
Hi All,
DONT ORDER FROM CART2INDIA!!. The listing itself says Local :eek: (read FAKE).
I recd the Phone (its new!!!), was of old version software (OS.7008) (Hardware ver:1.4) made in Dec'10.

NO OEM SAMSUNG BATTERY..:eek:
NO USB DATA CABLE :mad:
NO HEADPHONE :(

SO NOW BUYING TIPS.
(i) Ask Vendor : NEW or REfurbished or Returned phone (These both appears NEW:p)
(ii) Ask Hardware version : 1.4 is new (1.3 is old)
(iii) OS can be updated... so really no issue.
(iv) Items bundled (AT&T bundles headphone, manual, data cable, oem charger and oem battery.

Google to find Refurbished....

Any questions..?? HAPPY TO HELP:)

drpratik

Jan 7, 2011
Best pointer is check the box colour.
If it is AT&T white and orange box then you are safe.
But in Indian eBay,I have seen listings saying new box packed but box is white blue which indicates AT&T refurbished.

vasi3

Feb 29, 2008
I will get my phone today from a seller cellphone.in. If the phone is hardware version 1.4.Can you upgrade to mango os?.and after mango upgrade do I have to unlock the phone?I am using Vodafone sim card in bombay

nipungupta7

Mar 8, 2010
Delhi
me and my friend got our phones on friday from cellforce
the box is some white/blue with samsung logo only. it has insets, data cable, charger head and earphones, all original, i bet, local make cannot be so good

phone is hardware 1.3, but no problem. works good. no sign of damage or anything
good phone
unlocked, and easily updated to mango by using Zune

i will recommend him
also, as far as the hardware version is concerned, i am not sure, but that may be any minor change

also, about new or refurbished, i don't know. i don't think we can do anything about this. i believe that Apple is also selling all the refurbished 3GS in India as new
and also, considering the price, it is way better than the cheapest windows phone (omnia W) available in India
so that's not a bad deal at all

and about warranty, just take care of your phones hardware for 1 year, as software is not a problem

its a good deal guys, go for it. you wont regret

vasi3

Feb 29, 2008
I got my phone yesterday.It is V 1.4 firmware.zune found one update for thr phone.This update is for Feb.2011.Still no mango update for my phone

ashokeez

Sep 29, 2009
Hey Guys.,
Remember Hardware version 1.3 is very old. Ver 1.4 is new one and Probably Updated memory configuration. Ver.1.3 was stopped in OCT'10 itself. SO you have got a OLD stock or REFURBISHED or RETURNED phone:eek::eek::confused::confused::eek:

Point.2 . MANGO update is under testing for ver.1.4. So ver1.4 users have to WAIT..:mad::mad: Ver.1.3 users can easily update to Mango. Use Zune and google "mango update for focus".

Point.3: Dont Update the software once you have gotten the phone. First UNLOCK the Software using ChevronWP7 and unlock the software first. Some users got locked after updating the OS version, but some are lucky..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Point.4: AT&T reurbished Phones (Ver.14) are good and same as NEW Ones! So dont worry abt refurbishment. Manufacturer refurbished phones are Value For Money!!! On the box AT&T logo in Blue and white box with NO Samsung Logo means ""REFURBISHED". I got a refurbished phone, ALL NEW, but it got "HEATED" up upon continual talk time... say if you speak for 15 minutes continually, it will Turn inot Iron BOX;);). And each phone will behave on its own, due to various issues with individual phones!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

Enough???

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
Hey Guys.,
Remember Hardware version 1.3 is very old. Ver 1.4 is new one and Probably Updated memory configuration. Ver.1.3 was stopped in OCT'10 itself. SO you have got a OLD stock or REFURBISHED or RETURNED phone:eek::eek::confused::confused::eek:

Point.2 . MANGO update is under testing for ver.1.4. So ver1.4 users have to WAIT..:mad::mad: Ver.1.3 users can easily update to Mango. Use Zune and google "mango update for focus".

Point.3: Dont Update the software once you have gotten the phone. First UNLOCK the Software using ChevronWP7 and unlock the software first. Some users got locked after updating the OS version, but some are lucky..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Point.4: AT&T reurbished Phones (Ver.14) are good and same as NEW Ones! So dont worry abt refurbishment. Manufacturer refurbished phones are Value For Money!!! On the box AT&T logo in Blue and white box with NO Samsung Logo means ""REFURBISHED". I got a refurbished phone, ALL NEW, but it got "HEATED" up upon continual talk time... say if you speak for 15 minutes continually, it will Turn inot Iron BOX;);). And each phone will behave on its own, due to various issues with individual phones!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

Enough???

Your point being?

1. I'd like to see some proof of hw revision 1.3 stopped in Oct 2010. Afaik, first 1.4 revisions were spotted around March. Even assuming the 1.3 hw revision was stopped from production, assuming *every* 1.3 Focus has been sold, is far fetched. Also, from what I've been reading, people got hw v1.3 as refurbished as well, which also makes sense in the context of unwanted returns.

2. That's unfortunate at best.

3. This goes for all Focuses, regardless of revisions/version etc

4. Refurbished is NOT new.
Also, there are no "issues with individual phones". "Different issues with each phone", yes, possible.
Heating after 15 min talking is definitely abnormal. I've been on conversations for 25 minutes and the phone got warmer, but not hot.
Also, talking is similar to using data connection (3G or WiFi) as voice is still data. I've been using WiFi for hours without getting hot. Warm yes, hot no.

vasi3

Feb 29, 2008
hi bhasker
My phone version(firmware) is also 1.4,I can not get mango update(officially or forced) as of today.Are there any major changes(besides custom ringer tones and cut/paste).Some say focus is slow for mango(mutitasking)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes its worth updating!many other improvements like the tellme app,pictures hub are updates for good!i did not notice any lag!
    i got my phone 2 days back!its 1.4v!i updated it to mango yesterday night!

You have a 1.4 and u updated to mango ??
    How did u do that ???
    Mango for 1.4 isnt out yet.
    this makes me believe that ur wrong abt the version , ur phone may be a 1.3
    do check it out
    Hey.. U are right.. Mango Update for 1.4 is not released and under testing.
    I got my focus from ebay and it is ver 1.3, they took almost month to deliver and I have updated to mango with out any issues..

After getting the phone I noticed battery wasnt original, but charger is original. I spoke to Cart2India and they agreed that it wasnt mentioned earlier and they at&t is doing it since they selling the phones in auction for cheap rates. I said the battery is not good and it gets over in 10 to 12 hrs with minimal usage, they agreed to send the original battery for free and it will take 2 weeks.

I dont mind not getting headset and cable since I have data cable and headset I paid locally 300 for Samsung one. So I got the phone for 12,240 and head phone and data cable is not expensive to buy outside. However OEM battery remains only for 20 to 24 hrs with minimal usage, will try and see how long it comes on original battery.

Can anyone say how is the original battery performance or its bad.