[Solved] How to boot into CWM

Search This thread

Ashtonj1

May 3, 2011
Hi, I'm trying to root my 1.4.1 NT 16GB (Model # BNTV250) I just bought the other day, I've mounted the correct image to the SD card. But when I hold down Power + n it just boots into recovery mode not CWM.

I have tried many different things to boot into CWM:
Power
Power + n
Power + n + Wait + Power
USB + Power + n + Power
Power + n + Wait + USB
Etc

all have failed to boot into CWM, I am starting to think they might have done something to prevent booting into CWM but I'm not sure. I have even tried different SD root methods. So if you have any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashton

Last edited:

Ashtonj1

May 3, 2011
please tell us more about this step. ( the devil is in the details )

At the moment I'm using Win32DiskImager, I've tried through the nook with the usb cable and with an SD card reader. I mounted 3-4 different images each at least 5 times. I Followed a youtube tutorial just to make sure I wasn't goofing up on one step, I might try using my linux pc to mount next.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
You can try burning the image to your sdcard following this instructions:

- Format your sdcard with SDFormatter (recommended) or any other
- Download latest Win32DiskImage-binary.zip from https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
- Unzip the file
- Run Win32DiskImage.exe - Right click "run as administrator"
- Click the folder button and navigate to select the .img file you just unzipped.
- Click on the disk drive letter label on the right, and choose the letter that corresponds to your SD card.
- Press Write. When it finishes, press Exit.

Now power off your device and plug to power or PC using the USB cable, let it power on by itself do not press any button.

If this does not work you will have to try with another sdcard.

Ps: the right term is burn an image to the sdcard.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashtonj1

Ashtonj1

May 3, 2011

- Download latest Win32DiskImage-binary.zip from https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
- Unzip the file
- Click the folder button and navigate to select the .img file you just unzipped.
- Click on the disk drive letter label on the right, and choose the letter that corresponds to your SD card.

Now power off your device and plug to power or PC using the USB cable, let it power on by itself do not press any button.

~ Veronica

That worked perfectly, Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Unzip the file

~ Veronica