The Amazon KFHD case

Search This thread

matthew2582

Jan 13, 2011
"Great case, optimum design".

I was pretty skeptical about spending this much money on a case but I must admit having got the case, I am thoroughly delighted with it I love the way the Kindle Fire fits into the shell without any straps and how the case still preserves the slender form factor of KFHD

I would agree with others that the price really could be about $10 lower but Amazon probably has to make some money...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GGH4VI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

nvrmore100

Sep 21, 2010
I agree, I like the case overall. The price is a bit high, but overall I think its not terribly overpriced. The only gripe I have after reading with it several times now is that the edge of the case can be a bit sharp. It will dig into your hand a bit after a while of holding it.

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
magnetic screen shutdown too!

One thing not mentioned here (yet) is the magnetic screen cover. When you close the cover the screen automatically shuts off (like the iPad, except this cover is not flimsy and won't fall off!). This was a great surprise I found when i tried out this case --and that, plus the slim durable style convinced me that this is the best case for the Kindle Fire HD7" (and 8/9" for that matter!). :)

Reactions: dannysauer

RushNY

Dec 27, 2012
Endwell
One thing not mentioned here (yet) is the magnetic screen cover. When you close the cover the screen automatically shuts off (like the iPad, except this cover is not flimsy and won't fall off!). This was a great surprise I found when i tried out this case --and that, plus the slim durable style convinced me that this is the best case for the Kindle Fire HD7" (and 8/9" for that matter!). :)

This is what makes this worth the price take. Flip and go, no need to lock the screen.

gilbequick

Aug 27, 2010
This is what makes this worth the price take. Flip and go, no need to lock the screen.

I bought my wife the Amazon case that you guys have and you all are right it's nice.

Here's the case I have, and I love it. I honestly like it better than the Amazon case. The hand strap imo is a must have. The design on the exterior looks very classy and not at all cheap or cheesy. And yes, it has the on/off feature upon opening and closing the case.

But wait, how much does this mythical, almost too good to be true case cost, you say? It must be at least $99. Maybe if I catch it on sale I can get it for $78.92. Surely you jest. Maybe a second-hand pick, laden with crusty boogers for a cool $50?

Heck no.

Just check out the link below. Believe me, you CAN afford one (or 3).

Here's the case I have, and seriously though, I really do like it more than my wife's. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400375182521

------------------------------------
If it was easy you'd of hired the guy at Home Depot to to it.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

0 By the Way, I also bought one of the solid colored cases of the same kind. The outside of that one did feel cheap, it is not the same material as the one that I linked to above. It still offers great protection and for what it costs is worth it, but the outside material doesn't feel as quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: markbc01
M

mechnesium

It's stylish and great for holding it, and doesn't seem to get dirty easily (oils from food, moisture wipe right off). However, it's not great for protection at all. I dropped my first KFHD from a one-foot distance off the ground, only to pick it up and find a hairline crack across the bottom right corner (potentially a weak spot)?

According to customer service, if it's only one crack and not a spider web, it's covered under the default warranty. They mailed me out a new one within 2 days. Kick ass customer service, I do say.

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
It's stylish and great for holding it, and doesn't seem to get dirty easily (oils from food, moisture wipe right off). However, it's not great for protection at all. I dropped my first KFHD from a one-foot distance off the ground, only to pick it up and find a hairline crack across the bottom right corner (potentially a weak spot)?

According to customer service, if it's only one crack and not a spider web, it's covered under the default warranty. They mailed me out a new one within 2 days. Kick ass customer service, I do say.

You're talking about the Amazon cover right? That's the one I have now (but i am going to check out the other cover mentioned just above too) Since Christmas, I have dropped my new Kindle Fire HD 7 a couple of times. Only casual slips and nothing major. One from the table top height and one or two from the couch arm (lower height) onto a hard wood floor. So far I have had no damage --the top (fold over) cover now has a slight compression along about 1 inch of the edges, but I just rechecked the KF HD and I can't see any damage. I guess I am lucky!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

I bought my wife the Amazon case that you guys have and you all are right it's nice. Here's the case I have, and I love it. I honestly like it better than the Amazon case. The hand strap imo is a must have. The design on the exterior looks very classy and not at all cheap or cheesy. And yes, it has the on/off feature upon opening and closing the case.

But wait, how much does this mythical, almost too good to be true case cost, you say? It must be at least $99. Maybe if I catch it on sale I can get it for $78.92. Surely you jest. Maybe a second-hand pick, laden with crusty boogers for a cool $50?
Heck no.
Here's the case I have, and seriously though, I really do like it more than my wife's. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400375182521

Thanks, went to that link and It does look good & nice video! I like all of those different colors and a great price too! However, the video seems to demonstrate and show a sleep-wake functionality for the case, but the written ad's second bullet says "does not include the wake sleep feature." Not sure which one is accurate! Although, I really am getting spoiled by using the "flip on flip off" approach to the KF HD so the magnets are important to me ;)

Last edited:

Latonya1

Jan 9, 2014
Made

"Great case, optimum design".

I was pretty skeptical about spending this much money on a case but I must admit having got the case, I am thoroughly delighted with it I love the way the Kindle Fire fits into the shell without any straps and how the case still preserves the slender form factor of KFHD

I would agree with others that the price really could be about $10 lower but Amazon probably has to make some money...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GGH4VI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Who made it? Zerolemon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    magnetic screen shutdown too!

I bought my wife the Amazon case that you guys have and you all are right it's nice.

Here's the case I have, and I love it. I honestly like it better than the Amazon case. The hand strap imo is a must have. The design on the exterior looks very classy and not at all cheap or cheesy. And yes, it has the on/off feature upon opening and closing the case.

Heck no.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

0 By the Way, I also bought one of the solid colored cases of the same kind. The outside of that one did feel cheap, it is not the same material as the one that I linked to above. It still offers great protection and for what it costs is worth it, but the outside material doesn't feel as quality.