My turn to try :

XT230 - Android 2.3.6
Kernel : 2.6.38.6+ buildsrv@lxdex2 #1
Build number : 0A.1F.49
Flex : WE_Orange_France_v33_0803_FLEXTNBST
Baseband : 76XXU-USMEKOLYM-109806-8859
Software : TNBST_4_0A.1F.49RPSB

I got all the drivers and all.
Debugging is enable (however it seems irrelevant).

Bootloader menu is obtain with the power + vol down + cam combinaison, adb reboot-bootloader give a normal reboot (which is odd I agree).

However, when trying :
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
I get the :
Code:
<waiting for device>
and nothing happens as in slanche2 #418 post.

As I have a TNBST_4_0A.1F.XXXXX software version, it seems not to be linked with root-possibility as suggested in post #420.

However all of this give hope for a root possibility !

Good job everyone ! :good: But still work to do ! :cool:

Last edited:

botjogetov

Dec 27, 2012
Sofia
www.getov.info
Hi all
This is for Ubuntu users like me manual for root from davis15. I post all the message to me:
davis15 :

First you should follow this tutorial to install adb and fastboot shell: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/08/install-adb-and-fastboot-android-tools.html
Once done download these files:http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1600211&d=1356776196
I decompress in the personal folder (“/ home / tuusuario”), you copy the update.zip file to the root of your sd card.
You open a terminal, you’re going to the directory where you unzipped the files (“cd / home / tuusuario /”), the following commands and commandments, adb reboot-bootloader, this command will restart and your motorola os recovery menu appears, when this happens commandments this command in the terminal, fastboot boot recovery.img.
Os recovery menu appears with three options, you will move with the arrow keys and sound You select with the camera button, you choose the second option “Install zip from sd .. (second option) -> choose zip from sdc (seek the update.zip file) -> … choose … -> Yes – Install -> Reboot -> back “

Once you’ve rebooted and the phone will have rooteado, I hope you succeed, I would make a video. I’ve performed in ubuntu, but if you have another linux distribution is similar process in windows tambiéns and can do but I can help because I do not use, if anyone here is able and wants to make a tuto for that system and publish here to tell me.
I will try this tomorrow.

Special thanks and coder011 for his huge and great work!!!

GoldSkulltulaHunter

Dec 29, 2012
São Paulo
It works perfectly!!!

Okey, so, rooting :) You have to download this : ( it contains fastboot adb recovery.img and update.zip [ I think it is the right one, becourse
i was applying a few of them at one time to save my time xd ] )
0. Copy update.zip to /sdcard/
1. You need to boot into fastboot (NOT RECOVERY, F A S T B O O T ). You can use:
a)
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
or
b)turn off the phone, then hold POWER+VOL UP+VOL DOWN for 5-10 sec.
2. Now you need to use fastboot. use:
Code:
3.Now CWM TOUCH will boot. There is small problem, it doesn't look as it should, some options are somewhere else etc.
But it works! In normal CWM Recovery i was unable to choose any option, but there everything "works" :) And you should use
keys on your phone ( POWER to execute, vol. keys to move ), not screen to choose things ( it crashed once when i was using screen )
4. Install zip from sd..(second option)-->choose zip from sdc..)--> ...choose...--> Yes - Install --> Reboot --> back

For commands in [.code] marker you need to use cmd. I hope it will work for you guys :) You are doing everything on your own so if something dont work its not my fault.
If you want to repost it somewhere, please, just write who invented it :) You should also thanks coder011 becourse he extracted the recovery.img from defy mini which was very helpful
Enjoy :)

It really works!! Thanks a lot, man! I've been following this thread for some months, and now I registered in this forum just to thank leos0 and to say that it really works.

For all the other n00bs (like me), this is exactly what I've done (just more step-by-step instructions to the same things leos0 described):

1. Downloaded the zip file that was attached to the post quoted above ("root_xt320.zip").

2. Extracted the "update.zip" file into the phone's SDcard folder (I did this by connecting the phone to the pc in the "mass storage mode".

3. Extracted all the other files from the "update.zip" file into a folder on my pc.

4. Connected the phone to the pc. NOT in the mass storage mode. Actually, I turned the USB debugging ON (settings -> applications -> development -> USB debugging), but I don't know if this makes any difference whatsoever.

5. Opened the command line (I'm using Windows Vista, btw): start menu -> cmd.exe.

6. In the command line, went to the folder where the previously extracted file adb.exe was.

7. typed adb reboot-bootloader

Note: I'm pretty sure the steps 5, 6 and 7 can be substituted by booting the phone with the VOL+ and VOL- buttons pressed, as leos0 described (I've already done that), so it's a matter of choice.

8. The phone booted in the fastboot mode (in the screen there was a menu for me to choose between recovery mode, reboot system and something else. I DIDN'T CHOOSE ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS, since I was already in the fastboot mode.

9. Next, I typed fastboot boot recovery.img (in the cmd, of course. NOT in the phone).

10. The phone entered this weird-looking menu just like leos0 described. Using the VOL+ and VOL- buttons to navigate and POWER to choose, I selected the second option ("Install zip from sd").

11. In the next screen, I navigated down untill I reached the "update.zip" file that was previously extracted to the sdcard folder. Pressed POWER button to select it. Then I selected "Yes - install".

12. Some installation screens appeared. After that, something else appeared, and this was not described by leos0: it was kind of a confirmation screen, but since the menu looked weird and too zoomed in, I couldn't read it properly. Anyway, it was something related to "fixing the root", or something... I had 2 options: "NO" and "YES, FIX ROOT".

13. Fearing for my life, I chose "YES, FIX ROOT", and then it said the procedure was done. I went back in the menu, and chose to reboot the phone.

14. It didn't actually reboot, though. It just turned off. I turned it on again (still connected to the pc, but I'm pretty sure that's not necessary), installed the Root Checker app from the PlayStore and BAM! I was roooot!

My phone details:

Model: XT320
Android version: 2.3.6
Kernel version: 2.6.38.6+ buildsrv@Ixdex2 #1
Build number: 07.1F.0F
Flex version: LATAM_Claro_Brazil_v19_0312_FLEXTNBST
Software version: TNBST_4_07.1F.0FRPS

Thanks for everybody that kept this thread going for so long, and with so little hope. And thanks for leos0 for making my phone usefull again!

Last edited:

slanche2

Nov 11, 2007
As I have a TNBST_4_0A.1F.XXXXX software version, it seems not to be linked with root-possibility as suggested in post #420.

However all of this give hope for a root possibility !

Good job everyone ! :good: But still work to do ! :cool:
It's possible that there's a subset of TNBST_4_0A.1F.XXXXX versions that are unrootable. The sample size for my assumption is far from sufficient and it's still possible that it's a statistical irregularity.

-----------
I indeed made sure that USB debugging was enabled. If it wasn't that first adb command wouldn't even reboot the phone, would it?

For what it's worth, it would be incredible helpful if everybody who tries to root their phone will post exactly what software version their phone has and what button-combo takes the phone into FASTBOOT mode.

Last edited:

ttrapper

Dec 29, 2012
It really works!! Thanks a lot, man! I've been following this thread for some months, and now I registered in this forum just to thank leos0 and to say that it really works.

For all the other n00bs (like me), this is exactly what I've done (just more step-by-step instructions to the same things leos0 described):

1. Downloaded the zip file that was attached to the post quoted above ("root_xt320.zip").

2. Extracted the "update.zip" file into the phone's SDcard folder (I did this by connecting the phone to the pc in the "mass storage mode".

3. Extracted all the other files from the "update.zip" file into a folder on my pc.

4. Connected the phone to the pc. NOT in the mass storage mode. Actually, I turned the USB debugging ON (settings -> applications -> development -> USB debugging), but I don't know if this makes any difference whatsoever.

5. Opened the command line (I'm using Windows Vista, btw): start menu -> cmd.exe.

6. In the command line, went to the folder where the previously extracted file adb.exe was.

Note: I'm pretty sure the steps 5, 6 and 7 can be substituted by booting the phone with the VOL+ and VOL- buttons pressed, as leos0 described (I've already done that), so it's a matter of choice.

8. The phone booted in the fastboot mode (in the screen there was a menu for me to choose between recovery mode, reboot system and something else. I DIDN'T CHOOSE ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS, since I was already in the fastboot mode.

9. Next, I typed fastboot boot recovery.img (in the cmd, of course. NOT in the phone).

10. The phone entered this weird-looking menu just like leos0 described. Using the VOL+ and VOL- buttons to navigate and POWER to choose, I selected the second option ("Install zip from sd").

11. In the next screen, I navigated down untill I reached the "update.zip" file that was previously extracted to the sdcard folder. Pressed POWER button to select it. Then I selected "Yes - install".

12. Some installation screens appeared. After that, something else appeared, and this was not described by leos0: it was kind of a confirmation screen, but since the menu looked weird and too zoomed in, I couldn't read it properly. Anyway, it was something related to "fixing the root", or something... I had 2 options: "NO" and "YES, FIX ROOT".

13. Fearing for my life, I chose "YES, FIX ROOT", and then it said the procedure was done. I went back in the menu, and chose to reboot the phone.

14. It didn't actually reboot, though. It just turned off. I turned it on again (still connected to the pc, but I'm pretty sure that's not necessary), installed the Root Checker app from the PlayStore and BAM! I was roooot!

My phone details:

Thanks for everybody that kept this thread going for so long, and with so little hope. And thanks for leos0 for making my phone usefull again!

thank you for everything
works very well
i have rooted my xt320

GoldSkulltulaHunter

Dec 29, 2012
São Paulo
How to uninstall bloatware and so...

As I posted earlier today, I got root! Yay! So I install Titanium Backup, etc., etc.... Problem is: I don't seem to be able to uninstall anything, which was exactly why I wanted to root my TX320 in the first place...

In Titanium Backup, as well as in App2SD, when I try to uninstall an app, it says "Failed to locate the apk file"

Any ideas of what's going on and how to solve it?

Thanks!

sambahb

Jun 25, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
As I posted earlier today, I got root! Yay! So I install Titanium Backup, etc., etc.... Problem is: I don't seem to be able to uninstall anything, which was exactly why I wanted to root my TX320 in the first place...

In Titanium Backup, as well as in App2SD, when I try to uninstall an app, it says "Failed to locate the apk file"

Thanks!
I guess manually locating the apks through a file manager which now should be able to search everything could help.

Reactions: GoldSkulltulaHunter

CrazyLost_

Dec 29, 2012

Thanks!

Mano me ajuda ai nao to conseguindo root de forma nhma,sou membro la da GSMFans vc tbm é?

Heidenbach

Aug 29, 2012
Any thoughts?

Android Version 2.3.6
Kernel-Version: 2.6.38.6+
Built Number: 0A.21.0C
Flex Version: WE_RTDACH_v22_0318_FLEXTNBST
Baseband Version: 76XXU-USMEKOLYM-109806-6604
Software Version: TNBST_4_0A.21.0CRPS

Same specs here, same problems!

sambahb

Jun 25, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Nobody replied to my idea of flashing the non-rotable versions of the firmware with a rootable version.

I have located some firmwares here

http://www.droidevelopers.com/f412/...-xt320-xt321-gingerbread-firmware-update.html

TNBST_4_0A.1F.0ERPS_flex_WE_Orange_Spain could be a good candidate, but before trying this:
- Does anybody know, if this firmware has a simlock which would be very bad?
- Does anybody know what language files it contains? At least English would be required and German would be perfect.
- Is there anyway to backup the existing firmware before going through with it?

leos0

Jun 24, 2012
Cracow
It is obvious: if combination of power + vol up + down doesn't work for you, you can't root you defy . If I only had xt321 i might try to root it but i don't :< Now i am thinking very serious about porting cm to ours defy mini :>

leos0

Jun 24, 2012
Cracow
You need to try, i don't know how it works. But i think it won't work. but remember, I could be wrong :)
GoldSkulltulaHunter applications like facebook and tweeter are located in /flex/app

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldSkulltulaHunter

GoldSkulltulaHunter

Dec 29, 2012
São Paulo
I guess manually locating the apks through a file manager which now should be able to search everything could help.

You need to try, i don't know how it works. But i think it won't work. but remember, I could be wrong :)
GoldSkulltulaHunter applications like facebook and tweeter are located in /flex/app

Thanks, guys. One more thing before I do that: by manually deleting the .apk file, am I really erasing everything there is about that app? I'm a bit concerned about erasing the .apk file but keeping lots of info in other files, just like what happens if you just delete a .exe file on your pc, without removing everything properly.

Is there such problem in Android?

Oh, of course, before deleting the .apk file, I'm going to "clear data" related to it...

Thanks again!

coder011

Jul 22, 2012
Manila
Hello guys. I'm now creating a solution how to access the fastboot on dual sim version. But it will take longer time. I was downloading all DS sbf to try it out if it fastbootmode works.

Sent from my XT321 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bitstorm1978

AM1000

Apr 8, 2008
Hello
I have the bootloader menu with Vol down + cam + power.
Is a screen with:

MBM Flash-mode,
TinBoost
Version: 01.0a
Bootloader USB Init SECURE BOOT ENABLED

I write "fastboot boot recovery.img" but only says "waiting for device".

Can I try to install the update.zip by the recovery mode option or is not a good idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okey, so, rooting :) You have to download this : ( it contains fastboot adb recovery.img and update.zip [ I think it is the right one, becourse
    1. You need to boot into fastboot (NOT RECOVERY, F A S T B O O T ). You can use:
    a)
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    or
    Code:
    3.Now CWM TOUCH will boot. There is small problem, it doesn't look as it should, some options are somewhere else etc.
    But it works! In normal CWM Recovery i was unable to choose any option, but there everything "works" :) And you should use
    keys on your phone ( POWER to execute, vol. keys to move ), not screen to choose things ( it crashed once when i was using screen )
    4. Install zip from sd..(second option)-->choose zip from sdc..)--> ...choose...--> Yes - Install --> Reboot --> back

For commands in [.code] marker you need to use cmd. I hope it will work for you guys :) You are doing everything on your own so if something dont work its not my fault.
    If you want to repost it somewhere, please, just write who invented it :) You should also thanks coder011 becourse he extracted the recovery.img from defy mini which was very helpful
    HAH! I made it! I have rooted xt320. If anybody want to know how, i will write tomorrow guide :victory:
    2012_12_29_00_54_17.jpg
    It works perfectly!!!

a)
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    or
    Code:

My phone details:

@seed_viii:
    Yes i replaced.
    will work if i have this [[TNBST_4_07.1F.2FRPS LATAM_TELCEL_MEXICO]]] ???
    Don't know. You have to test.

@slanche:
    Can somebody give me the link to the step-by-step tutorial how to flash a new sbf file to the Defy Mini?
    I've done it back in the day with another device but it's been a while.

Specifically, what mode do I have to put the phone in to flash with rsdlite and what combination and order of buttons do I have to push (or put the battery in)?

See below :highfive:

@
    BlueSpyBR:
    Hey pbruck, can you send me the link to that Brazilian ROM? And if its not too much, how i can change the Rom, so i can finally root my XT320.

Here it is:
    :good:

ROM:
    http://www.droidevelopers.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1283
    (you have to register before you can download, ZIP Password is "mod2xtreme.com" but be aware, that the Site is often down)

Flashing Guide:

And you have to download RSD Lite:
    http://www.chip.de/downloads/RSD-Lite_49139659.html

Defy Drivers:
    http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2cff07f8ef573210VgnVCM1000008806b00aRCRD

• Install Drivers and RSD-Lite.
    • Start RSD Lite and load SBF File.
    • Then shut down the Phone and Boot up by holding Camera + Volume- and Power Button.
    • If you done right, you see an black screen with white Text, telling you the Device is in flashing mode.
    • Connect Phone to PC and let Drivers install (after that RSD Lite shows an "Connected" Message in App.
    • Click on "Start" in RSD-Lite
    • Flash begins and you see a lot of Message Lines for everey Flash Step.
    • At the End of the Process Phone reboots.
    • Now you cann deconnect and close RSD Lite, ignoring the Message that it is still in Progress.
    • BUT NOT BEFORE THE PHONE REBOOTS!!
    • Sometime there is an Error and the Flash fails at first try.
    • You have then to pull the Accu and to repeat flash Procedure.

Warning!!!
    You can brick your Phone!!
    In some cases (see Posts in this Thread) the Phone loses IMEI and Connection to SIM and is broken!!
    If you do this, you do it at your own risk!

Additional Hint.......

If you can't find an ROM of your native carrier which is rootable, search for a ROM of an Carrier from your Continent which supports eventually your Language and Carrier.

E.g. i found Brazil ROM which is rootable but have no German Input and Language. So i testet some European ROM's and found one from Spain which is rootable and have native German Support and APN in it.
    So now i don't need to test further because all works great and have German Phone UI.
    My republic wireless XT root method will not work on your device, no point in trying.

With that said, I am willing to look at the device.

thank you darko !

Any progress with that ?
    So is the mentioned possibility working ? Did u managed use the XT root method ?

Anyone else ? seems interesting to me even if they updated the method to cynagon (?) version.

bst.rgrds.me