[Q] rom Question

Search This thread

digitalsatan

Jan 9, 2008
Malmö
Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I ´v been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Just need a push in the right direction.
Thanks

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I ´v been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Thanks

You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalsatan

digitalsatan

Jan 9, 2008
Malmö
You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2 :D

Great reply thanks!

digitalsatan

Jan 9, 2008
Malmö
No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem :) "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .
is there anyway of updating to the official 4.3 without getting the new bootloader or knox?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Thanks

No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem :) "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .