[Q] Samsung Galaxy S III Mini performance and battery degradation

Search This thread

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
Hi

I have my Samsung Galaxy S III Mini a little over a year and it is now annoying to use. It seems to eat the battery charge with light usage and when I use it it locks up and freezes a lot and I just have to wait for it to start responding again. The light usage I mention include making a few relatively brief phonecalls a day, checking Gmail 4 or 5 times, mainly use my Nexus 7 for that, and maybe a few Google searches if my tablet is not to hand etc.

I was thinking of manually writing down the apps on it I really need so I can reinstall later, factory resetting, replacing the old battery with a new one, rooting, installing a 64 GB Sandisk grade 10 micro SD card - it has no external SD card installed at the moment.

Do you think this should make a difference? Will moving apps to the SD card improve the performance of the device? Is it common for the batteries to crap out like this, or maybe there is some software on it eating the battery and/or performance?

Can you recommend a reputable dealer for the batteries? I am in the Republic of Ireland so anywhere in the UK or EU should work although shipping from outside of the EU should not cost too much for such a small item .

Last edited:

Parliamert

May 9, 2014
Istanbul
Firstly, opening up some space will relax your phone for sure. You can use a new external sd card as extra storage and you can open up more space for data files in internal storage.

I suggest you to factory reset your phone, but i strongly recommend you to root your phone and flash a custom rom. IMO, your battery is doing well right now.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    he's right. Go and try the S5StyledXXANC2 v2 ROM from @galaxy mini. It has amazing battery life with great performance and UI :)