TWRP backup error

Search This thread

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
Hi.
I 'm running SlimSabre on n7000 with kernel Asylum_Omni_4.4.2_kernel_20131227_n7000_additional_governors .
Today I tried to backup the device with TWRP nandroid backup, but during the backup of /data the device rebooted.
I installed temporary a CWM and I was able to backup everything.
So I tried to get rid of TWRP, but if I install CWM (recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.3-n7000.zip) and reboot, the device bootloop. Only re-installing Asylum I get back the TWRP and the device boot.
Anyone had the problem on TWRP nandroid backup ?

Moreover opening the various zip file (CWM, Asylum) I saw that some of them are not only boot.img or recovery.img, but also /bin and /etc are present.
Is there a way to move from TWRP to CWM in a clean way keeping Asyum as kernel ?

Last edited:

lakshesh96

Jun 17, 2012
In my knowledge moving from TWRP to CWM keeping asylum as your kernel would be impossible....
I also got this issue, if you want I can tell you but the kernel would change....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
In my knowledge moving from TWRP to CWM keeping asylum as your kernel would be impossible....
I also got this issue, if you want I can tell you but the kernel would change....

Just tell me, if you know... the backup done with CWM are ok ?
I mean, the fact that TWRP is not able to backup /data (with or without compression) does not mean that CWM backup will be invalid too, right ?
I can keep TWRP and switch on CWM from time to time only for backup. It's a boring procedure (install CWM, backup, reinstall Asylum) but not impossible.

lakshesh96

Jun 17, 2012
CWM backups work with CWM only and TWRP's with TWRP only, they can't be intermixed...
And inorder to check a backup, as you are following the long/hefty method above, once install cwm and try to restore your backup throgh it, if it works, then way to go, if it doesn't then try reflashing kernel as well as recovery as well as your ROM.

If everything fails then try to shift to a CM based ROM which uses cwm, as its the best and the most reliable option.
Hope I have helped you ?

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

...also check and compare your cwm backup in the folder with some previous cwm backup if you have. If everything looks fine and the size of backup is considerable, depending on how much data you have of apps, then the backup should be OK. But this is only JUGAAD and not a confirmation, so do once restore.

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
CWM backups work with CWM only and TWRP's with TWRP only, they can't be intermixed...
And inorder to check a backup, as you are following the long/hefty method above, once install cwm and try to restore your backup throgh it, if it works, then way to go, if it doesn't then try reflashing kernel as well as recovery as well as your ROM.

If everything fails then try to shift to a CM based ROM which uses cwm, as its the best and the most reliable option.
Hope I have helped you ?

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

...also check and compare your cwm backup in the folder with some previous cwm backup if you have. If everything looks fine and the size of backup is considerable, depending on how much data you have of apps, then the backup should be OK. But this is only JUGAAD and not a confirmation, so do once restore.

First of all thanks for the info.

I remember that CWM (or perhaps PhilZ Touch) can restore TWRP backup (on the advanced option you can choose).
I'm only a little worried because trying to restore a nandroid backup and finding that it's corrupted actually means restore from a previous backup my data, and that's 2 month old.
I've checked the size of the file and they seems ok. They should be some simple tar, so I could try doing untar them and check if they are ok.
Anyway, thanks for the info.
I'll keep the kernel as long as I can. It 's ok and it has SmartassV2 governor that work very well.