Azpen A727 Root & Partition dumps

Search This thread

madmaze

Apr 17, 2011
Hi All,

I picked up an Azpen A727 for $20 at Microcenter last week and was troubled to find nothing about rooting & related things..

Root instructions:
- Download the Cydia Impactor
- Turn on USB Debugging, First enable development mode, Settings->About Tablet->(tap the build number a bunch of times), then go to "Developer Options"-> Enable "USB debugging"
- Unpack Cydia Impactor, run the executable
- select "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" if not already selected and hit start.
- Once it completes, reboot and install SuperSu from the play store and you should be done.

I stashed the partition dumps up here: (currently uploading) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhns872gerv50bp/AABj_2ukmyyxcSpphgnYXcG9a

Next, I'm off to get CWM working..

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible if you void your warranty, brick your tablet or shoot yourself in the foot in any other way.

Also is there not an Azpen subforum?

Last edited:

H2Owned

Feb 9, 2013
Thanks for taking on this project! Your partition dumps have been very helpful thus far. We are all watching on the sidelines and secretly hoping you succeed. Have you had any progress with CWM as of lately?

Last edited:

nirensinha

Sep 4, 2014
hmm..i tried to install Xposed Framework and Gravity box on A727 and Xposed started failing. So I uninstalled it and now the tablet wont go beyond the logo after couple of flickering.

Using adb I pulled out the log file and it looked to me that it was looking for XposedBridge.jar, so I pushed one.

Now its stuck at the logo and my computer wont even recognize the devices.

Is there a way to get it into recovery? The volume and power button as no impact on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I picked up an Azpen A727 for $20 at Microcenter last week and was troubled to find nothing about rooting & related things..

Root instructions:
    - Download the Cydia Impactor
    - Turn on USB Debugging, First enable development mode, Settings->About Tablet->(tap the build number a bunch of times), then go to "Developer Options"-> Enable "USB debugging"
    - Unpack Cydia Impactor, run the executable
    - select "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" if not already selected and hit start.
    - Once it completes, reboot and install SuperSu from the play store and you should be done.

I stashed the partition dumps up here: (currently uploading) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhns872gerv50bp/AABj_2ukmyyxcSpphgnYXcG9a

Next, I'm off to get CWM working..

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible if you void your warranty, brick your tablet or shoot yourself in the foot in any other way.

Also is there not an Azpen subforum?