[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
1. WM6.5
2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
(keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)

Attachments

• WP7V2.0.CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 41,594
  • HostV1.0.CAB
    3 MB · Views: 24,825
  • HostV1.5.CAB
    4.2 MB · Views: 42,350
Last edited:

Panchiron

Feb 2, 2010
Very promising

Hi, ashiqiqbal.

I´ve installed your app and I have to say that it´s really promising. On my Elfin the animation is very, very fast. Obviously, it´s on a first stage, so I wish you go ahead with your work and update it in a near future.

The best point here is that it is a standalone app, much better than a theme, IMO.

Best regards.

Reactions: lekmane

celoni

May 15, 2009
hi guys

my first attempt.. i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

tried to come up with a standalone app, givin u some sort of WP7 look.. QVGA only now, for WM6.5

doesn't do much.. just two pages for now..(will add more later if u like it)

u dont have customization options right now.. will work on it later (right now, semester ending :) )

things to do..
just install the cab and run from the start menu...only one thing required.. install nitrogen first... in storage or device..
i'd recommend u to disable all today items first (not needed but saves battery)

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFdRfekyPnw

thanks to dwizzy130 for his small start menu app..
borrowed some icons from Atualizado's wad2 QVGA.. thanks to him..

only tried it on my Jade (dont have any other phone) on megade2.0.g rom.. dont know how it'll go on other roms..

download and pls leave comments if u use it.. thanks.. (and sorry for my english.. not a native english speaker)
beautifull it's really great...i hope you will do a vga version pretty soon!!:)
it's an amazing work,thanks for sharing

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
First of all congrats and thanks for the awesome app.

Yes i too have to agree its animatino is super duber fast on my Htc Touch Viva.... but one thing rally disappointed is its ram consumption. It took more than 15 mb ram!!!

And one suggestion: while moving through pages of the app the animation is perfect but when we launch something my touching the tiles its same animation first all the tiles gets hidden then the app is launched, instead while la unching you can give a diff animation like fading or like iPhone. :)

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
thanks for the comments guys.. yes.. this is at it's primitive stage.. will work on it more.. first target is to make the homepage scrollable :)

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
First of all congrats and thanks for the awesome app.

Yes i too have to agree its animatino is super duber fast on my Htc Touch Viva.... but one thing rally disappointed is its ram consumption. It took more than 15 mb ram!!!

And one suggestion: while moving through pages of the app the animation is perfect but when we launch something my touching the tiles its same animation first all the tiles gets hidden then the app is launched, instead while la unching you can give a diff animation like fading or like iPhone. :)

hi... thanks for trying... 15mb ram??!! r u sure? how r u checkin it?

edit: i checked it in the process list from task manager.. it shows only 540kb of mem usage by the app..

Last edited:

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
Tested on xv6800 with WM 6.5 (23577).

Errors
*When select SMS it quits with error
*Audio booter - I dont have installed, quits with error

Non errors-
Music- dont have nitrogen insalled, it takes back to menu

It would be nice to have the email instead of programs since the right arrow takes you to the same menu.

Keep up the good work:)

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
Tested on xv6800 with WM 6.5 (23577).

Errors
*When select SMS it quits with error
*Audio booter - I dont have installed, quits with error

Non errors-
Music- dont have nitrogen insalled, it takes back to menu

It would be nice to have the email instead of programs since the right arrow takes you to the same menu.

Keep up the good work:)

couldn't reproduce sms error.. hmm.. can u mention the problem in a bit detail?
u have 6.5 without audiobooster? hmm.. i thought all of them has it.. i need to keep in mind that it's an htc app..
u need to have nitrogen installed.. future version will have option to select other players..
thanks for the comments..

Last edited:

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
Error message for sms

An unexpected error has occurred in WP7App.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information

Details
WP7App.exe
Win32Exception

at
System.Diangostics.Process.StartWithShellExcetuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at WP7App.WP7main.RunProg(StringProgName, String progarg) at WP7App.WP7main.pb3_Click(Objectsender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm,Int 32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at System.Windows.Control.Forms.Control._InternalWmProc(WM wm,Int 32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at Microsoft.AGL.FormsEVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPrt hwnMain) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm) at WP7App.WP7main.Main()

Hope this helps

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
hi... thanks for trying... 15mb ram??!! r u sure? how r u checkin it?

edit: i checked it in the process list from task manager.. it shows only 540kb of mem usage by the app..

Actually i was cooking rom just then noticed ur app :D and i was so impatient that i tried it on the test rom. Initially it was 68 mb free ram and then it dropped to around 54 mb. It may be coz of the test rom. I will try on a stable rom.

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
Error message for sms

An unexpected error has occurred in WP7App.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information

Details
WP7App.exe
Win32Exception

at
System.Diangostics.Process.StartWithShellExcetuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at WP7App.WP7main.RunProg(StringProgName, String progarg) at WP7App.WP7main.pb3_Click(Objectsender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm,Int 32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at System.Windows.Control.Forms.Control._InternalWmProc(WM wm,Int 32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at Microsoft.AGL.FormsEVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPrt hwnMain) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm) at WP7App.WP7main.Main()

Hope this helps

thank u very much.. looks like i got the prob.. it's crashing if u have other instance of it already running ... it appears u have sms running in the background.. workin on it..

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
Actually i was cooking rom just then noticed ur app :D and i was so impatient that i tried it on the test rom. Initially it was 68 mb free ram and then it dropped to around 54 mb. It may be coz of the test rom. I will try on a stable rom.[/QUOTE]

good for u.. u got one issue detected for u'r rom :)

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
I closed everything in Taskmanager and it still has error. I forgot to check that. Also to let you know the signal bars are not of actual signal. It will show all for even when I only have 2.

Great start:D

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
ok guys.. need a quick check... can someone help?
attachment replaced with a smaller file.. 160.2kb..
can u pls tell me if its working or not? (like the previous one)

this should take care of the sms prob (previous instance)..
signal strength still looks a bit laggy.. but it works :).. it's not just a picture..

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
It takes me to a blank screen. The back button on the bottom does not work. I am able to get it to go to the main window by selecting the start menu and then close it and I am back to the main window. Same for the audio booster.

Continue with the good work.:)

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
It takes me to a blank screen. The back button on the bottom does not work. I am able to get it to go to the main window by selecting the start menu and then close it and I am back to the main window. Same for the audio booster.

Continue with the good work.:)

r u talkin about the sms or the whole thing is not workin anymore?

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
Just the sms. Everything is just as before

hmm.. sorry dude.. looks like i'm not at all familiar with u'r phone.. anyway.. u helpd me solved the sms issue for similar phones like mine (i didn't know previous instances will crash it)..

new cab added.. smaller... and signal strength icon more sensitive..seems to be working now..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)