[A] Your Galaxy Tab acts dead suddenly.

Search This thread

kvanlier

Jul 23, 2010
Hi,

Yesterday my Galaxy Tab suddenly went dead ... disconnecting/reconnecting
the charger ... removing/putting back SIM ... removing/putting sdhc ....
trying all possible button combinations while pressing the power on button ...
it didnt work ... My Tab was dead ...

I was looking up service centers adresses till i found by accident this mail :

www_mygalaxytab_net/samsung-galaxy-tab-how-to/a-dead-gt/

I followed his tip :

Keep power on pressed while touching the screen
The battery indicator pops up.
The Tablet reboots.
Everything goes back to normal.

I just wanted to share this information in case the same happens to one of you.

A great year to you all.

Last edited:

Mado007

Dec 27, 2010
Amsterdam
Dead Tab

This morning it happened to me: a dead Tab.
To bad, your tip didn't work for me so I am going to the Samsung service center which is (lucky for me) near to my house.
Hope to learn more there because it seems I am not the only one with this problem.

Problem solved. Press the on button and count to ten.
My Tab is working again.

Last edited:

hamba

Nov 10, 2010
I followed his tip :

The Tablet reboots.

U r a lifesaver kvanlier ! It happened to me just now and ur tip solved my dead tab. I nearly wanted to open up the tab to remove the battery and reset it. Thanks again.

drew1266

Jan 5, 2011
If the were karma point here you would be a God , Thanks for saving me a trip to the Service center.

taufcon

Sep 11, 2007
Los Angeles
That happened to me two days ago. Got up in the morning and the tab would not turn on. Nothing I did worked so I took it back to TMO and they gave me a new one. Lucky for me I was still with in the 30 day buyers remorse bracket. But now I am wondering! If it happens I will at least give your remedy a try.

leogeeko

Jun 5, 2009
São Paulo
Just to make an update on this topic, I notice that when you got absoluted zero charge, my Tab only came back to life while using Samsungs own charger. USB port of my computer alone was not able to charge it back.

Reactions: P-tek

mbba04737

Jan 20, 2009
USB port of my computer alone was not able to charge it back.

I can confirm this. My Tab appeared completely dead.
It had been running a CPU intensive test app while plugged into USB and was obviously using power quicker than it was charging.
There was no low battery warning - presumably because it was plugged in and therefore thought it was charging.
Plugging it into the mains brought up the charging screen. USB alone was not enough to get it to begin charging from completely flat.
Had me panicked for a few minutes ;)
Thanks all for the useful tips.

jaypm007

Jan 17, 2011
I have also experienced some weird phenomena when the tab is solely plugged into a USB port. It will on occasion "play dead". Charging the Tab using the wall wart solves this issue. Unfortunately, I've yet been able to determine the root cause.

P-tek

Oct 16, 2011
The Tablet reboots.

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks a bunch!

I was away from home when my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Running Galaxy Task 14) started acting like it was bogged down or in a program loop. So I decided to re-boot and, I'll be damned if there wasn't ANYTHING I could get to work. No CWM, No Download state, Nothing, Nada. Just a Black Screen.

I new the battery was freshly charged, so I didn't figure that was the problem.... Never-the-less, I was without my Tablet for the rest of the day.

Once I got home and had internet service from my computer I found your post and VOILA! Fixed in about 15 seconds.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

slaia

Oct 25, 2010
London, UK
I bricked my GTab two weeks ago (I flashed wrong ROM from other phone). It was totally dead. No power on, download mode or recovery. The trick with charging and press power button for 10 seconds or more didn't work.

Then I tried UltimateUnBrickRessurector and flash the JPI ROM. Nothing happened. Out of frustration I ran UltimateUnBrickRessurector again until it put GTab in download mode and flashed JQ1 ROM. Suddenly the camera LED flashed brightly. However power on was still not possible. I flashed JQ1 again and it worked!

I don't know whether this affects only my GTab, but I could only resurrect it after I flashed older ROM than I had. I hope this helps anybody.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Yesterday my Galaxy Tab suddenly went dead ... disconnecting/reconnecting
    the charger ... removing/putting back SIM ... removing/putting sdhc ....
    trying all possible button combinations while pressing the power on button ...
    it didnt work ... My Tab was dead ...

I was looking up service centers adresses till i found by accident this mail :

www_mygalaxytab_net/samsung-galaxy-tab-how-to/a-dead-gt/

I followed his tip :

The Tablet reboots.

A great year to you all.
    Just to make an update on this topic, I notice that when you got absoluted zero charge, my Tab only came back to life while using Samsungs own charger. USB port of my computer alone was not able to charge it back.