Verizon Location Agent

Search This thread

JaySinCT

Feb 28, 2012
Help on the way!

Just received this from Verizon/HTC tech support with regard to the VLA battery drain issue..

"A fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update (SU2) for this device. The tentative release date is late March."

and before you ask, there was no indication as to whether or not SU2 contains ICS. :)

Jay S.

abthadon

Jun 29, 2010
Just received this from Verizon/HTC tech support with regard to the VLA battery drain issue..

"A fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update (SU2) for this device. The tentative release date is late March."

and before you ask, there was no indication as to whether or not SU2 contains ICS. :)

Jay S.

Wishful thinking there for the ICS. I'm trying to decide whether or not to root, but waiting is tough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help on the way!

Jay S.
    more bull**** bloatware from the assholes at Verizon that was sneakily installed with our ota. lovely. i've seen some reports on phandroid.com forums of it keeping people's phones awake and using a good % of their battery. go to the market, you can update it, but but can't uninstall it. good job, verizon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
    mine doesn't show as battery use either, but i'm only getting like 8-9 hours out of my battery now, when i usually get 15-16. i haven't done anything different and now after the update, my battery life is ****.

I usually get about 13-14 hours with moderate use and I actually have had better these last two days after the update so I'm not really worried it just is annoying that Verizon adds these stupid apps in the first place especially vcast apps. I can't wait for ics or s-off so I can root and get rid of this ****. I'm especially excited about Joel getting a rezound now also. I think you remember him over on the dinc?

sent from my sexy Htc Rezound
    My Husband's Rezound isn't rooted and bone stock as well. I updated the VZW Location app and opened it from the market. I got the message about it being incompatible and It's no longer running and my Husband's battery life is fine.
    So the update method DOES work for some.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Update the VZN Location app? where you find this? I have a Verizon navigator in my app drawer. Also did a search in the market place and the verizon app market...didnt find any VRZ Location app. Help?
    I see it there now what? I click on it and it gives me "clear data / and force stop", but no update anywhere. again help?

No, to update he means in the android market. Just type in Verizon location agent in the market search and it should show up. Then click on it and it should give you the option to update it. Click update and it is supposed to say not compatible and freeze the app.