[Q] Galaxy S5 Locked Vodafone WiFi settings

Search This thread

mattmills8133

Oct 25, 2010
Hi all,

I bought an S5 that had been locked to Vodafone. I have had it unlocked and flashed it with the UK generic software to remove all of the Voda bloatware. This is all fine but unfortunately it still has the Vodafone WiFi settings in it meaning every time I am on the underground it tries to connect to the WiFi under Vodafone, when I have looked there is no option to forget (remove) the Vodafone settings. I flashed the phone using Odin and followed the guide and used the firmware supplied by Sammobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Flashing firmware doesn't routinely remove userdata settings. Do a factory data reset from the settings menu and that should resolve your issue. Be sure to backup any files that are important to you first though.

In the alternative, you might be able to reset just the wifi settings by going to the Application mamager in the settings menu and see if you can identify which is the wifi app. If you can, then clear cache and data from the tab for the wifi app.

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
Hi all,

I bought an S5 that had been locked to Vodafone. I have had it unlocked and flashed it with the UK generic software to remove all of the Voda bloatware. This is all fine but unfortunately it still has the Vodafone WiFi settings in it meaning every time I am on the underground it tries to connect to the WiFi under Vodafone, when I have looked there is no option to forget (remove) the Vodafone settings. I flashed the phone using Odin and followed the guide and used the firmware supplied by Sammobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Flashed mine with BTU tonight. It didn't stick properly the first time and using an app called Phone Info, it said the active CSC was VOD/BTU. I need to factory reset and reflash a few times before it fully applied the new CSC.

Maybe yours is VOD/BTU?