CM 11S vs CM11 M9

Search This thread

dabanhfreak

Feb 23, 2013
Melbourne
OnePlus One
Hi all. I'm curious about how the two projects compare, especially after the reported problems with the latest updates on the 11S

I've used CM on most of my devices and I love the simple, no nonsense approach. How does the M9 release fare on the bacon? Battery life? smoothness? functions? What is in the 11S that is removed?

I might try it myself if I get limited response.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Removed:
- CM11S Lock Screen
- AudioFX
- Hexo CM Theme
... other than that everything pretty much more or less remains the same.

CM11 has newer CM commits that you'll see in the next CM11S OTA including bug fixes, additional features, etc.

Dzhedaj

Sep 17, 2008
But that's valid if you compare nightlies to 11S. Milestone release also has battery drain bugs.

And if you want the 11S features mentioned above in your M9 or nightly, just get the apks and put them into system/app. The experience becomes exactly the same on both (except bug fixes).

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
Having far better battery life on the CM nightlies (specifically 09/04) at the moment, hopefully whatever changes they did will be merged with 11S. I only had 2% drain overnight and it wasn't in airplane mode.

Reactions: dabanhfreak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having far better battery life on the CM nightlies (specifically 09/04) at the moment, hopefully whatever changes they did will be merged with 11S. I only had 2% drain overnight and it wasn't in airplane mode.