Honeycomb Launcher BETA

Search This thread

IntelSoftApps

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2011
intelsoftapps.com
Hello everyone!

We have developed a new launcher once again! This is not the standard launcher that everyone makes. This is a Honeycomb Launcher. This launcher basically clones Android 3.0 Honeycomb as best as possible! Although this launcher is new, it clones Android 3.0 very well. Every update will bring more resemblance to0!

Anyways, the launcher is available on the Android Market now. All you have to do is search for Honeycomb Launcher. We have a BETA version which we run all of our tests on and a Donate version which is more stable and keeps our development going!

Honeycomb Launcher has many features that are in Android 3.0 and which are not in other launchers such as quick menus and much more. But one of the main features of this launcher is the girds for icons and widgets. The Portrait grid is a 10x10 and the landscape grid is 10x8. Which this means is the size and spots available for icons. The large grid-views will allow for you to place your icons and widgets in almost any place you want!

Screen shots are below!

icon.png

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss8.jpg

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
really neato!

Just one thing: Whenever I want to move anything (either it be from the homescreens or from the app drawer)it lags a lot for like 3 seconds.
Also, sometimes when dragging from the AppDrawer it FCes.

HTC Wildifire
Stock 2.2.1

EDIT: Also, whenever I try to tick any of the settings in the Customise Honeycomb menu, I get FCed.

Last edited:

IntelSoftApps

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2011
intelsoftapps.com
Ya we are fixing that! It is because of the grid size : (

but it is easy to fix. All you have to do is drag a widget on the screen and a few icons. Once you put a few icons and what not on the screen it speeds up quite a bit!! It is really weird. Maybe because when there is not a lot on the screen it has a lot to move over to get to a designated spot.

But dont worry, we will fix it : )

Reactions: Lesicnik1

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Well, for one I'd like to see it be fully supported in QVGA.

When in portrait a part of the screen is missing, to be more precise the "back" button part of the screen.

metaldood

Dec 26, 2010
FCs when changing settings.. Inspire cm7

Sent by Skeletor from Castle of Greyskull using XDA Premium App

jameslewis

Dec 9, 2008
I'm on an ideos u8150 cm7 v6 and I still get fcs when I attempt anything in the personalise menu

Sent from my Huawei Ideos using XDA Premium App

maxcool12345

Jun 15, 2011
jalandhar
Heyy bro... just installed ur launcher...... it works.... but didn't found something we call X factors ...... pretty decent launcher.... I know you.be worked on it hard but need some more efforts... like in landscape mode,some icons got hide like the back button and add button..... overall... 8 out of 10..... good job... that's not OK... I've something that u may b4 or Sud like it from now.... I've found a way to.install the honeycomb media player to to NY android device with froyo or above versions.... I guess many of the users don't knowb about it... so u cud recommend ur users to use this app also.... with ur launcher for better experience... also it is not available in market so u shud upload it..... as I'm not a developer so as obvious I don't know about the process.... the URL is :

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=472328&d=1293185442

Hope it.helps.....

send from my GT-S5670(updated to 2.3.4) using XDA app

maxcool12345

Jun 15, 2011
jalandhar
Heyyy there are couple of problems with your launcher which I think u must give a refference....

1.when I long press on any other home screen for adding a widget or something it freezes n force close the application... fix needed..
2. When u try to add any widget it doesn't add anything even if u try hundreds of time .... :p
3.u shud add some real settings to launcher.... there's nothing in customize honeycomb menu.....

There's nothing which make a user to donate for it..... do check above problems.... n add something pretty impressive to its UI...

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
I tried this and to be honest, the soft keys need some work, they just seem kinda unfinished in my opinion, they need to be bolded or something along those lines.

rizdog23

Apr 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey for those who did not like to the look of the softkeys or just wanna change them, or if you just wanna make the add button more visible etc i have a way. Okay all you have to do is open the apk archive in 7zip and then follow these steps.

For example, to change the home key from the white and gray preset to the well known blueish-transparent download the hc3d add-ons (just search on xda). Next you need to double click res in the 7zip archive. After that click the drawable_hdpi folder once and drag it to your desktop. After that, locate the image you wanna use (i recommend the hc3d add ons) and copy and paste it into your desktop shortcut. Next, delete the current home_dock_button and rename your copy/pasted file as home_dock_button. You can also open them up and edit them to the proper size. (WRITE DOWN THE SIZES YOU NEED BEFORE DELETING THE IMAGE.). You can also open your new image and edit color, etc. To make your buttons now visible (like when the add button is only half shown) go back into your drawable_hdpi and find the image called line_break. All you half to do is open it and edit it to whatever size you want. i used 455x36. After you have edited whatever you want drag and drop the drawble_hdpi back into the 7zip archive for the apk. After this copy and paste back into your sd card.

If you try to install after this it will not work so you will need to download two apps. The first is signapktic and the second is Linda Manager (or any file manager of your choice). Open signapktic and locate the file you want then just go through its steps. This will resign the apk so it can be installed. Finally just open up your file manager, install, and enjoy. You will have to follow these steps evertime you try to edit a png/xml in the app so it is quite a tedious process.

Reactions: J.K Nilsson

vermaekansh

Aug 20, 2010
Heyyy there are couple of problems with your launcher which I think u must give a refference....

1.when I long press on any other home screen for adding a widget or something it freezes n force close the application... fix needed..
2. When u try to add any widget it doesn't add anything even if u try hundreds of time .... :p
3.u shud add some real settings to launcher.... there's nothing in customize honeycomb menu.....

There's nothing which make a user to donate for it..... do check above problems.... n add something pretty impressive to its UI...

I totally agree with your observation....feels the same with the launcher. :)

thanks for bringing out the point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

We have developed a new launcher once again! This is not the standard launcher that everyone makes. This is a Honeycomb Launcher. This launcher basically clones Android 3.0 Honeycomb as best as possible! Although this launcher is new, it clones Android 3.0 very well. Every update will bring more resemblance to0!

Anyways, the launcher is available on the Android Market now. All you have to do is search for Honeycomb Launcher. We have a BETA version which we run all of our tests on and a Donate version which is more stable and keeps our development going!

Honeycomb Launcher has many features that are in Android 3.0 and which are not in other launchers such as quick menus and much more. But one of the main features of this launcher is the girds for icons and widgets. The Portrait grid is a 10x10 and the landscape grid is 10x8. Which this means is the size and spots available for icons. The large grid-views will allow for you to place your icons and widgets in almost any place you want!

Screen shots are below!

icon.png

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss8.jpg
    Do you need to be rooted to install this?

Regards,

Alan

Hello. No you don't need to be rooted to install this. It is like ADW Launcher, only that this one is Honeycomb Style.

It is true it has a lot of bugs and still needs a lot of development, but that's why we are here to tell him what is wrong and then he will try to fix it. He can't try and see all the bugs.

Looking forward to the finished product.
    Hey all,

I know it has been awhile since it seems like Honeycomb Launcher has been worked on! But dont worry we have a good excuse.lol

Okay, recently we merged with TechBamboo team. They have a few developers and are big with news. We are the developers for techbamboo. But we also changed our name. It Used to be IntelSoftApps, but was recently changed to Syndicate Apps. The change is not hard to get over, but we had to make a WHOLE new site. So in one night I stayed up all night and basically built our new site. So now we are all done and our site is much better and easier to maintain. The merger is also complete...

So now it is time to get back to Honeycomb Launcher. Whats in strore for tonight??? Another UPDATE! This update will give Honeycomb Launcher performance tweaks as well as a more modern look.

Also, since we are all done with all that crap, we are back to nightly updates of this launcher! So good news there.

Anyways, check out the new update with the new Honeycomb Clock widgets pre installed. We are also in talks with the dev of ripple lock so we can have the honeycomb lock pre installed. Unless someone wants to make us one or rip the source out of ripple.lol.jk :D

So any help is welcomed!

New screen shots below!

ss1.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss7.jpg

ss8.jpg

featured.jpg

Enjoy! :D
    Ya we are fixing that! It is because of the grid size : (

but it is easy to fix. All you have to do is drag a widget on the screen and a few icons. Once you put a few icons and what not on the screen it speeds up quite a bit!! It is really weird. Maybe because when there is not a lot on the screen it has a lot to move over to get to a designated spot.

But dont worry, we will fix it : )
    Hey for those who did not like to the look of the softkeys or just wanna change them, or if you just wanna make the add button more visible etc i have a way. Okay all you have to do is open the apk archive in 7zip and then follow these steps.

For example, to change the home key from the white and gray preset to the well known blueish-transparent download the hc3d add-ons (just search on xda). Next you need to double click res in the 7zip archive. After that click the drawable_hdpi folder once and drag it to your desktop. After that, locate the image you wanna use (i recommend the hc3d add ons) and copy and paste it into your desktop shortcut. Next, delete the current home_dock_button and rename your copy/pasted file as home_dock_button. You can also open them up and edit them to the proper size. (WRITE DOWN THE SIZES YOU NEED BEFORE DELETING THE IMAGE.). You can also open your new image and edit color, etc. To make your buttons now visible (like when the add button is only half shown) go back into your drawable_hdpi and find the image called line_break. All you half to do is open it and edit it to whatever size you want. i used 455x36. After you have edited whatever you want drag and drop the drawble_hdpi back into the 7zip archive for the apk. After this copy and paste back into your sd card.

If you try to install after this it will not work so you will need to download two apps. The first is signapktic and the second is Linda Manager (or any file manager of your choice). Open signapktic and locate the file you want then just go through its steps. This will resign the apk so it can be installed. Finally just open up your file manager, install, and enjoy. You will have to follow these steps evertime you try to edit a png/xml in the app so it is quite a tedious process.