Samsung Galaxy S III Explodes

Search This thread

NOMIOMI

Nov 4, 2010
Abbottabad

The Samsung Galaxy S III without doubt is a hot device, in this case literally! According to owner dillo2k10 from Dublin, his Samsung Galaxy S III exploded while docked in a car mount without charger plugged in. Check the full story and morepictures after the break.

So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone. I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.

I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.

The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car. And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. It’s very dangerous.

Shortly after that story hit the web, Samsung updated its Samsung Tomorrow blog with a statement:

There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.

Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.

Let’s just hope that this is only an isolated case and will never happen again.

VIA VIA

Last edited:

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Close down Samsung and close down Apple too as they both have had a phone explode!!!! Oh noes!

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough

The Samsung Galaxy S III without doubt is a hot device, in this case literally! According to owner dillo2k10 from Dublin, his Samsung Galaxy S III exploded while docked in a car mount without charger plugged in. Check the full story and morepictures after the break.

So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone. I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.

I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.

The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car. And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. It’s very dangerous.

Shortly after that story hit the web, Samsung updated its Samsung Tomorrow blog with a statement:

There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.

Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.

Let’s just hope that this is only an isolated case and will never happen again.

VIA VIA

Hahahahahahahahaha are you sure you didn't just bung your S3 in the microwave too?? Lol Hahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
The only burning my S3 causes is when iPhone users see it and they start burning with jealousy, and I can tell some of them really wish they could have a phone like this but the Apple brainwashing has them trapped.