Google Chrome Unusable after KitKat OTA on GPE

Search This thread

Dr. Hax

Dec 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
Ever since updating to KitKat on my HTC One GE, Chrome has become completely unusable.
Any kind of exiting and going back to Chrome results in a refresh. I can go into recent apps and IMMEDIATELY go back into Chrome and it will refresh. It dies t matter how many tabs I have. Even with one tab, the issue is there. It doesn't matter how much memory is free. The issue went away briefly after a factory reset but came back within a day. It doesn't happen on any other browser.

What surprises me is just how few people are complaining. I would think the forums of teh interwebz would be absolutely blowing up from the hundreds of thousands of people who are having this issue. I can't even find a Google Play review of someone with the issue. Why is this bug even here? Surely Google/HTC had to have noticed it when they were testing KitKat.

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
I honestly dislike chrome on my HTC one. Im on 4.4 sense 5.5 and I use the HTC browser. Seems to be quite snappier and less memory usage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

king_david43

Jun 6, 2013
West Palm Beach
Google Pixel 6
Ever since updating to KitKat on my HTC One GE, Chrome has become completely unusable.
Any kind of exiting and going back to Chrome results in a refresh. I can go into recent apps and IMMEDIATELY go back into Chrome and it will refresh. It dies t matter how many tabs I have. Even with one tab, the issue is there. It doesn't matter how much memory is free. The issue went away briefly after a factory reset but came back within a day. It doesn't happen on any other browser.

What surprises me is just how few people are complaining. I would think the forums of teh interwebz would be absolutely blowing up from the hundreds of thousands of people who are having this issue. I can't even find a Google Play review of someone with the issue. Why is this bug even here? Surely Google/HTC had to have noticed it when they were testing KitKat.

Does your chrome app need to be updated. If not maybe you should try downloading chrome beta

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app