Where are voice mails stored? Need to recover!

Search This thread

Pandaclaw

Jun 4, 2013
Plymouth
I am hoping someone can help me recover a very important voice mail. I have AT&T and the visual voice mail app. I did not have the auto save function enabled and the voice mail I am trying to retrieve is about 3 weeks ago, I listened to it several times but never saved it. I can't find any local files on the phone or my micro sd card and when I call my voice mail the oldest voice mails are 2 weeks old and that is exactly what the visual voice mail app shows. I called AT&T to see if they are stored on a server and could be recovered but my answer was that they have no access and thought they might be stored on my sim card. I highly doubt the sim card theory but who knows. I have titanium backup installed but it is set to keep 1 backup and when I restored visual voicemail app to that backup with the data it acted like the date had been set back and seemed to get data through the network and quickly updated the voice mails to the same prior voicemails. This fact is leading me to believe that they are stored on a server somewhere. I know how to recover deleted files (in most cases) but I need the location where they might be stored.

Any help on what to try would be great. My mother just passed away and she left me a message before going in for surgery that ultimately took her life and now that voice mail is gone!!! I just wish I saved it.

Thanks in advance!!

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
I am hoping someone can help me recover a very important voice mail. I have AT&T and the visual voice mail app. I did not have the auto save function enabled and the voice mail I am trying to retrieve is about 3 weeks ago, I listened to it several times but never saved it. I can't find any local files on the phone or my micro sd card and when I call my voice mail the oldest voice mails are 2 weeks old and that is exactly what the visual voice mail app shows. I called AT&T to see if they are stored on a server and could be recovered but my answer was that they have no access and thought they might be stored on my sim card. I highly doubt the sim card theory but who knows. I have titanium backup installed but it is set to keep 1 backup and when I restored visual voicemail app to that backup with the data it acted like the date had been set back and seemed to get data through the network and quickly updated the voice mails to the same prior voicemails. This fact is leading me to believe that they are stored on a server somewhere. I know how to recover deleted files (in most cases) but I need the location where they might be stored.

Any help on what to try would be great. My mother just passed away and she left me a message before going in for surgery that ultimately took her life and now that voice mail is gone!!! I just wish I saved it.

Thanks in advance!!

1st condolences about your mom. :)

2nd ATT just like 99% of carriers do indeed store this info unless it is manually deleted. I would try contacting them again and speaking to a supervisor. I am on MetroPCS with my ATT s4... and had a similar issue... I ended up having to get a court order for metro to release them. Call records and texts they had no problems with... but vms they did..

Good luck

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0.1 S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

G

GuestX0019

My condolences also on your Mother Panda. I believe kev is correct in probably needing a court order or knowing someone who knows someonr in ATT.

Another option may be if you have a backup/nandroid from that time period, they may still be on phone--not sure

Best of luck, :)

megamanDJ

Jan 21, 2014
New Orleans

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry, you won't find voicemail data stored anywhere on your phone's sim or any of the storages. It is only stored on the carriers server. I have also had to get a court order to retrieve an old voicemail I needed for legal matters. I know the court order was already mentioned. I just wanted to help narrow your search by telling you.