Cyanogenmod 10.1 i747 Bug List (Updated Daily)

Search This thread

farice

Jan 6, 2013
Please post any bugs you experienced and what nightly they are found in. This is going to be updated daily starting with the 1/06 nightly. PLEASE check if someone already posted the bug so repeats are minimal. This thread is also intended to be a place to discuss workarounds and fixes for bugs.
Nightly: 2/21
Confirmed Bugs:
-Bluetooth issues (media streaming and calls)
-random bug where everything is taken as a long press
-Occasional flickering (very rare)
.........-FIX: Ktoonsez 4.2.1 Kernel 1/1 Build. Download link: goo(dawt)gl(slash)xUrML
........ -FIX2: disable HW overlay in developer options
-terminal emulator and movie studio force close
......... -FIX: delete then install from Play Store
-Hotspot issues
......... -FIX: use SVTP
-Visual voicemail issues
-Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
-MMS issues (works on and off)
-First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
-screen mirroring
-dock audio
-WiFi stability problems
-Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
-When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

Resolved Bugs
-echo when calling using speakerphone
-Quiet in-call volume
-ringtone is distorted when on full volume
-screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube, Google Music, browsers, and some other apps
-delay for the other person to hear you when your answer the phone call

Last edited:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

And just so the people who don't search can see it as well :

2) Bluetooth does not work for streaming media, and is flaky for calls

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: farice

farice

Jan 6, 2013
Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Gandalf

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Last edited:

venomexe

Oct 23, 2012
Thornhill,On
of wsnouk

I have encountered the unconfirmed screen flicker when using google music, also have encountered the delayed time for answering a call. I've also encountered a couple random restarts not too sure what its from but happened earlier today when using facebook messenger the app just froze then device restarted I'm on 01.04/13 build with stock kernel

Last edited:

Penguyen

Jun 26, 2012
Can someone elaborate on the quiet in call volume? Is it quiet for send or receive or both? Does it effect earphones?

buckfritzl

Nov 24, 2010
Washington DC
Does MTP work?

I switched from a cm10 daily to cm10.1 (01/3) and when I plugged my phone into my computer nothing happened, but the phone started charging.
Also, when I went into recovery because the SD card had changed locations, I could not restore to my cm10 back up. Anyone else have these problems?

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Can someone elaborate on the quiet in call volume? Is it quiet for send or receive or both? Does it effect earphones?
The low volume only affects you, not the person on the other end. It happens with both the front facing speaker and the speaker phone on the back next to the camera. However, while your on speakerphone the mic sensitivity is not very good so the other person will find it harder to hear you unless you have your mouth right next to the mic. It'll be worked out soon enough.
Does MTP work?
I switched from a cm10 daily to cm10.1 (01/3) and when I plugged my phone into my computer nothing happened, but the phone started charging.
Also, when I went into recovery because the SD card had changed locations, I could not restore to my cm10 back up. Anyone else have these problems?
Android 4.2.1 creates an "emulated" storage system to help manage the multiple user idea. Being the main user (user 0) will have their files stored in /0. User 1 will be in /1. It really isn't practical for a cell phone it was more designed for multi user tablets and I'd not fully incorporated yet as far as I know. However, you will need to boot back into the ROM and move any backup files to your /0 directory and then you'll be able to see them. I'd recommend copying instead of moving them there just so you have more than one place to check while in recovery. Regardless your files are all there they just have to be moved to the proper directory on the SD card.

Also, switch to the latest TWRP recovery so you don't end up with multiple /0 folders within themselves

2nd topic on your post. No 4.2.1 or touch wiz ROMs support UMS , or USB mass storage. The only ones that did were CM / AOSP 4.1.s based
Unconfirmed Bugs:
-screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube and some other apps
I can confirm, along with many others running CM10.1 nightlies, Tasks AOKP builds, and all the other 4.2.1 ROMs that the ringtone is distorted when on full volume for music/videos/media and ringtones. And there is a delay after answering for about 5 seconds.
---------------------------------
This thread is good. We need to get into contact with one of the d2 device maintainers for CM to check this out once we get a few more into the confirmed category. They didn't know about the mobile data issue that was present until the 12/29-12/30ish nightlies for a while because I don't think anyone had been reporting anything to the CM team other than posting in the thread here

Last edited:
Reactions: CEOGUY

farice

Jan 6, 2013
This thread is good. We need to get into contact with one of the d2 device maintainers for CM to check this out once we get a few more into the confirmed category. They didn't know about the mobile data issue that was present until the 12/29-12/30ish nightlies for a while because I don't think anyone had been reporting anything to the CM team other than posting in the thread here
I agree, we should definitely do that. I think this will be a very helpful resource for CM developers and modders eventually.

Reactions: Gandalf

trublu

Oct 10, 2007
a. when using the speakerphone my voice echoes to the person on the line
b. terminal emulator force closes. have to remove and install from market

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Please post any bugs you experienced and what nightly they are found in. This is going to be updated daily starting with the 1/06 nightly. PLEASE check if someone already posted the bug so repeats are minimal. This thread is also intended to be a place to discuss workarounds and fixes for bugs.
Nightly: 1/06
Confirmed Bugs:
-Quiet in-call volume
-Occasional flickering (much rarer than in previous builds)
.........-FIX: Ktoonsez 4.2.1 Kernel 1/1 Build. Download link: goo(dawt)gl(slash)xUrML
-sound distortion/low sound quality on full volume for all media
-screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube, Google Music, and some other apps
Unconfirmed Bugs:

I get the flicker when changing volumes in browser apps.

farice

Jan 6, 2013
1/07 Nightly is up. Are all of these bugs still present? I'm in the airport about to leave, so I can't confirm myself until tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

inkblaze

Jan 7, 2013
For those using the latest nightly, was the data bug fixed?

I'm on an ATT S3 and switched a few days ago because the data drops were driving me nuts.

mafiadesi

Mar 23, 2011
Claremont
I've noticed the same problem, but I also find that the menu soft key bugs out and opens up Google Search/Now without long press. Might be like something is turning the behavior of one touch on these keys into automatic long presses? And its not just the specific launchers (I'm using Apex)...I tested with others. Really annoying, but restarting the phone does provide a temporary fix.

DRFTsil40

Dec 22, 2012
1.Sometimes when playing music using Apollo, the first 3 seconds of the song ,after song change, would be louder than normal. (Happens with YouTube too)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Alright everyone the 1/9 nightly is up. There were several fixes merged to correct in-call volume all, and call echo while on speakerphone. If a majority rules saying it is now fixed, let's move that bug to the "resolved" section :D

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly: 2/21
    Confirmed Bugs:
    -random bug where everything is taken as a long press
    -Occasional flickering (very rare)
    -terminal emulator and movie studio force close
    ......... -FIX: delete then install from Play Store
    -Hotspot issues
    ......... -FIX: use SVTP
    -Visual voicemail issues
    -Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
    -MMS issues (works on and off)
    -First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
    -screen mirroring
    -dock audio
    -WiFi stability problems
    -Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
    -When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

Resolved Bugs
    -echo when calling using speakerphone
    -Quiet in-call volume
    -screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube, Google Music, browsers, and some other apps
    Home button randomly bugs out and starts going to the app switcher rather than homescreen. Annoying, but restarting phone fixes it.
    Add This One

Bug:

Add This One

Bug:

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    No but I figured the fact that there was nothing on the phone but a stock rooted image and the rom zips meant there would be nothing to get rid of.

You need to fully wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache whenever you switch from a stock TW based ROM to an AOSP based ROM.