Search This thread

TH3KiD

Dec 6, 2009
can we do a hardreset from somewhere in it? cuz my hard reset from keys combination isnt working and i am stuck at the windows mobilse screen

yoddie

Sep 21, 2010
Hi guys,

I lost the tiny piece of plastic that holds the connection between the wire of the digitizer and the circuit board.

Now of course my digitizer won't respond :( Do you know the piece number or where I could get such a tiny catch?

Thanks!

captainstu72

Dec 17, 2009
the little clip thingy? I hate those things.

You could find a new board for that part on ebay - or, you can just try with some electrical tape and get it working that way - not ideal but would hold through until you source the input board.

yoddie

Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, exactly that little clip thingy :(

It's so easy to lose, especially on black/blue/green carpet at work...

I couldn't find just the board on ebay, I could only find whole phones for like $20, which is a bit too much just for a stupid plastic connector :(

Any idea where I could find just this board? I tried searching for a model number, but I can't find anything...

captainstu72

Dec 17, 2009
Presuming you are in the US due to you using $'s. I possible have one laying around somewhere in my house (the board) but I wouldn't want to risk sending a tiny board on international shipping. If you're in the UK give me a shout though and I will if I do have one laying around in my house.

I think the part numbers are listed in the HTC Service Manual for the elf - you may get lucky searching for one from there.

captainstu72

Dec 17, 2009
depending on how you remove the other one. it may still be sticky enough to us ethe original glue if enough is left - alternatively a fine double sided tape would work too.