[ROM][WIP] MIUI-ish *Lots more to do*

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
MIUI-ish

Hey everyone!! Trying my hand at making a ROM again. Keep in mind that I haven't done this for about 2 years haha. Hope you guys like what you see so far. I have only been working on this for the last 3 days. I'm going to be honest, my main reason for making this is because I'm tired of seeing people complain. I actually almost felt guilty and thinking I haven't contributed enough to this community yet so this is what I came up with. Just so everyone knows, this ROM is going to take a while still to complete and it will NEVER be an actual MIUI Build. This ROM will also never get released unless it get's the "go ahead" from mtmichaelson. I will explain why below.

What is MIUI-ish?

MIUI-ish will be a nearly COMPLETE overhaul of Gingervolt v2.0. There will be a lot of themeing done and a lot of apk replacements to try to get this ROM as close to MIUI as possible! Sometime soon, I will also be looking for testers. If you are chosen to test, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TESTING! Keep in mind, this is not just simply a theme, this is taking a ROM and completely overhauling it and changing virtually everything except maybe some of the apks, and the kernel. I'm attaching some screenshots of what it SHOULD look like when completed. I look forward to releasing this as soon as possible for you guys. Once Mt gives me the ok, I will start on it again.

24mudtj.jpg

1gkw2b.jpg

330641s.jpg

wtb11h.jpg

Last edited:

kcarden

Jan 10, 2011
Motorola Edge +
It would be great if you could add the "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS" in the Check /proc/config.gz part of the kernel for more consistent MSS clamping on WIFI tether as per this forum http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1368

I had to lower the MTU to a final 1410 on my W7 laptop & W7 tower to get consistent connections.

Thank you for all you do for the community,

Ed

And I'm not sure if they got it to compile or not for us, but the Swype remove notification, and have you been able to pull apart the update yet? Some goodies lie within :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
It would be great if you could add the "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS" in the Check /proc/config.gz part of the kernel for more consistent MSS clamping on WIFI tether as per this forum http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1368

I had to lower the MTU to a final 1410 on my W7 laptop & W7 tower to get consistent connections.

Thank you for all you do for the community,

Ed

And I'm not sure if they got it to compile or not for us, but the Swype remove notification, and have you been able to pull apart the update yet? Some goodies lie within :)

Not making any promises, never messed with a kernel before and really didn't want to take apart mt's hard work. I'll see what I can do though.

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.

kcarden

Jan 10, 2011
Motorola Edge +
Not making any promises, never messed with a kernel before and really didn't want to take apart mt's hard work. I'll see what I can do though.

It'd be nice to have at least the restart and browser fix... Or even just the restart... I think i read somewhere they blamed it on the 4g radio so I'm assuming they updated the baseband

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
It'd be nice to have at least the restart and browser fix... Or even just the restart... I think i read somewhere they blamed it on the 4g radio so I'm assuming they updated the baseband

For those fixes to be implemented this project will be put on hold until V8 gets rooted and mt comes out with his new build then.

G4 Man2

May 4, 2011
Coffeyville
So when its finished it's gonna be somewhat Spanish? well anyway im excited about this. Even though it makes me an outsider to some people i like miui. If you need anything id be happy to help.

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
If you need a Guinea pig let me know lol im thinking of getting a different phone so I will prolly have the revo laying around anyways

d9n30

Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
ok haha I haven't came off the money for a new rzr yet but I think I've about talked myself into it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI-ish

Hey everyone!! Trying my hand at making a ROM again. Keep in mind that I haven't done this for about 2 years haha. Hope you guys like what you see so far. I have only been working on this for the last 3 days. I'm going to be honest, my main reason for making this is because I'm tired of seeing people complain. I actually almost felt guilty and thinking I haven't contributed enough to this community yet so this is what I came up with. Just so everyone knows, this ROM is going to take a while still to complete and it will NEVER be an actual MIUI Build. This ROM will also never get released unless it get's the "go ahead" from mtmichaelson. I will explain why below.

What is MIUI-ish?

MIUI-ish will be a nearly COMPLETE overhaul of Gingervolt v2.0. There will be a lot of themeing done and a lot of apk replacements to try to get this ROM as close to MIUI as possible! Sometime soon, I will also be looking for testers. If you are chosen to test, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TESTING! Keep in mind, this is not just simply a theme, this is taking a ROM and completely overhauling it and changing virtually everything except maybe some of the apks, and the kernel. I'm attaching some screenshots of what it SHOULD look like when completed. I look forward to releasing this as soon as possible for you guys. Once Mt gives me the ok, I will start on it again.

24mudtj.jpg

1gkw2b.jpg

330641s.jpg

wtb11h.jpg
    when this is done will we be able to use .mtz for icons and themes? Or do you need 100% MIUI for that?

To use .mtz file extensions you will need a 100% MIUI build. However, I've been trying to mod the launcher to be able to use MIUI themes with it. Not looking good right now but I'm still working on it. Don't worry guys, this project has NOT been abandoned.
    So how's this coming along?

Still waiting to make sure the apps I have are going to be compatible with the next Gingervolt.

Hahaha, wait... A theme dev... Need help with image editing.... Just busting your balls. btw hicks, what was the final word with that Swype remove notification mod? Never got it to work?

:what:

I took a stab at adding the swipe to remove notifications mod ... I got most of it done but there was one part that was a bit over my head, haven't been able to figure it out. The code is way different than the examples that were posted.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    It is all good brotha! If you need anything just let me know!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk