[TWEAK] Boost Your 3G Speeds Drastically!!!

is this tweak working for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Okay people, so I came across these things when I googled for increasing 3G speeds.
[edit]: this can benefit you of getting 3g speeds on 2g, like me.just you need to switch to 'wcdma only' mode.

Follow ahead :
(This will mostly work for indians. And maybe for you too :D)

1) download this software called 3g/4g speed optimizer from market

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsInByb3Zpc2lvbi5uZXRzcGVlZC5vcHRpbWl6ZXIiXQ..

2) Download this script manager
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager&feature=search_result

3) Download the 3G turbcharger script by zeppelinrox from HERE

NOTE: you might want to compare the speed differences after and then of this tweak. If you, then download the NQ mobile security app from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nqmobile.antivirus20&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ucW1vYmlsZS5hbnRpdmlydXMyMCJd and it should give you a small network meter which shows current network speed. download it, start it, and then download something from the play store to see how much speed you are getting. Its going to get increased soon anyway :D
Now Follow ahead

Start 3g/4g speed optimizer
-choose network speed as 12/28/7-max speed
-check on down speed increase
-now click on apply tweak.

!!!RESTART YOUR DEVICE!!!

Now open script manager
-browse to the downloaded 3g turbocharger text file
-check on superuser icon(N00BS: the android skeleton icon)
-click on run. script will load. wait till it asks to make a selection...
-scroll up and see what setting you need. fast, faster or fastest. I would recommend fastest. enter the option number.
-again enter the option to reboot.

thats it!
After reboot, your 3G speeds should be increased :D

To check your speeds, again download something from play store, something bigger than 2-3 megabytes would be preferable as it lets you see how far the speeds can get.

NOTE 2: this may not work for everyone, if it doesn't for you, dont blame me, you probably are already getting the max speed from your network operator.
Also I would again like to mention that indian users will be mostly benefited with this tweak. Enjoy, and dont forget to press the button if it works for you :)

CREDITS:
zeppelinrox
Anonymous dev of 3g/4g optimizer and Script Manager

Attachments

• os.tools.scriptmanager-59.apk
    557.9 KB · Views: 50,270
Last edited:

h1manshu

Oct 25, 2011
Chandigarh
Hey.. thanks for sharing! :) btw which network are you on? Earlier in docomo i just used to switch to wcdma mode and the ping reduced drastically and the upload speed was very good, only the download speed was of 2g... i think this trick would give me 3G speed at that time :( but now docomo only gives 3G signal only when you subscribe to a 3G pack...

Reactions: ArcZion

emailrex

Oct 1, 2010
Mumbai
Very helpful for users in india and likes...

Great post Shreyas,

I haven't tried same myself and also since i already have a airtel 3g but i must say that till few months back i was struggling with 2g data speeds and anyone who is still suffering with same can get hugely benefited with this trick.

Would love to see some screenshots of improvements in data transfer speeds if you or anyone else has to share...

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Great post Shreyas,

I haven't tried same myself and also since i already have a airtel 3g but i must say that till few months back i was struggling with 2g data speeds and anyone who is still suffering with same can get hugely benefited with this trick.

Would love to see some screenshots of improvements in data transfer speeds if you or anyone else has to share...

okay I will add some screenshots soon :)

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Hey.. thanks for sharing! :) btw which network are you on? Earlier in docomo i just used to switch to wcdma mode and the ping reduced drastically and the upload speed was very good, only the download speed was of 2g... i think this trick would give me 3G speed at that time :( but now docomo only gives 3G signal only when you subscribe to a 3G pack...

Yes bro even I was was on docomo till they stopped the 3g coverage to non 3g subscribers... now I have switched to bsnl, enjoying 500kb+ speeds. but I was more happy on docomo, it used to give 700kb+ speeds.

h1manshu

Oct 25, 2011
Chandigarh
Yea docomo gives good 3G speed :D , I'm subscribed to Rs96 for 720MB... speed is above 600KB/s... btw is it true there is no unlimited data plan in bsnl 2G now :( and which plan are you on?

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Great post Shreyas,

here is the screenshot brother. the speeds go beyond what you see in the screenshots, its just I couldnt time correctly to grab the screenshot :eek:

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6,829

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay people, so I came across these things when I googled for increasing 3G speeds.
    [edit]: this can benefit you of getting 3g speeds on 2g, like me.just you need to switch to 'wcdma only' mode.

Follow ahead :
    (This will mostly work for indians. And maybe for you too :D)

1) download this software called 3g/4g speed optimizer from market

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsInByb3Zpc2lvbi5uZXRzcGVlZC5vcHRpbWl6ZXIiXQ..

2) Download this script manager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager&feature=search_result

3) Download the 3G turbcharger script by zeppelinrox from HERE

NOTE: you might want to compare the speed differences after and then of this tweak. If you, then download the NQ mobile security app from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nqmobile.antivirus20&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ucW1vYmlsZS5hbnRpdmlydXMyMCJd and it should give you a small network meter which shows current network speed. download it, start it, and then download something from the play store to see how much speed you are getting. Its going to get increased soon anyway :D
    Now Follow ahead

Start 3g/4g speed optimizer
    -choose network speed as 12/28/7-max speed
    -check on down speed increase
    -now click on apply tweak.

!!!RESTART YOUR DEVICE!!!

Now open script manager
    -browse to the downloaded 3g turbocharger text file
    -check on superuser icon(N00BS: the android skeleton icon)
    -click on run. script will load. wait till it asks to make a selection...
    -scroll up and see what setting you need. fast, faster or fastest. I would recommend fastest. enter the option number.
    -again enter the option to reboot.

thats it!
    After reboot, your 3G speeds should be increased :D

To check your speeds, again download something from play store, something bigger than 2-3 megabytes would be preferable as it lets you see how far the speeds can get.

NOTE 2: this may not work for everyone, if it doesn't for you, dont blame me, you probably are already getting the max speed from your network operator.
    Also I would again like to mention that indian users will be mostly benefited with this tweak. Enjoy, and dont forget to press the button if it works for you :)

CREDITS:
    zeppelinrox
    Anonymous dev of 3g/4g optimizer and Script Manager
    Anybody confirmed this?

I am using it already man.... thats why I shared this :)
    Thanks buddy.. I m on wcdma mode only as on HTC I have this option but not on RAZR..so after that mode also it's giving me only 100kbps..can't even open play store first page quickly..but thanks for the help it's working on Vodafone 3g as I was on 3g but after this tweak speed had been changed drastically..meantime what service you are using on which its working..

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

I am on airtel too, and sadly there is no airtel 3g at my city, i used this on docomo 3g and I used to have like ~700kBps download speed. :victory::good:
    How can I d/l script from phone.?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

I have attached the script text file, its extension is changed to pdf so downloading it should be fine... Go try it buddy :)
    Do you have a link to the script manager cause every time i hit the link for it it does nothing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4