MIUI.us 3.2.8 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

Search This thread

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Maybe on a newer flash. If your ROM has settled in you should see around 16 hours with 3-4 hours screen on time. Did u switch your kernel? Overclock?

Look at your "awake" bar.... Your phone was awake all day when the screen was off.

Stock kernel no over clock... And just noticed. Any way to find out why its staying awake?

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

And this is a 1/2 day old flash or how ever long since the 3.2.8 release

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Stock kernel no over clock... And just noticed. Any way to find out why its staying awake?

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

And this is a 1/2 day old flash or how ever long since the 3.2.8 release

I always give a few full battery cycles before I am confident on how the ROM treats the battery. Miui will go a little harder on your battery cuz of all the goodies and the fact it wasnt exactly built for our phone, but I have gotten great life with miui, especially on screen off.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011
Anyone have any idea as to why I started getting multi copy of the same text msg sent to me? I tried doing a fresh wipe and still no go. Might be a problem not miui related. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to share some thoughts

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

seshaz

Jun 7, 2012
Tucson
Google Pixel 6
Anyone have any idea as to why I started getting multi copy of the same text msg sent to me? I tried doing a fresh wipe and still no go. Might be a problem not miui related. Just wanted to see if anyone wants to share some thoughts

Happens to me on tw stock also

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Reactions: fil0s0f0

ToledoG28

Mar 19, 2012
Ponce
Enjoying this update. Thanks. Nice lock and unlock screen sounds! Sorry if this has been answer... I'm not sure if is possible to show weather on lockscreen as any other rom! I couldnt find it. Maybe im blind....thanks for ur help.

marlonmccarter

Jan 2, 2011
Tulsa
Enjoying this update. Thanks. Nice lock and unlock screen sounds! Sorry if this has been answer... I'm not sure if is possible to show weather on lockscreen as any other rom! I couldnt find it. Maybe im blind....thanks for ur help.

Yes you can, but you have to find a lock screen theme that supports it.... There are some in the theme store but most of them are not in English. Best bet is to Google it. Here are a few places where I get mine..

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/20-amazing-miui-lockscreen-themes-android/

http://miuiandroid.com/community/forums/theme-releases.31/

This might work for you..

http://marcarnal.deviantart.com/art/Typoclock-weather-MIUI-lockscreen-271381076

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

This happened to me as well, but after a few restarts and time it settled down....

Reactions: ToledoG28

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
I always give a few full battery cycles before I am confident on how the ROM treats the battery. Miui will go a little harder on your battery cuz of all the goodies and the fact it wasnt exactly built for our phone, but I have gotten great life with miui, especially on screen off.

Finding what's causing this drain has been awful. Found out soundout_2 or something of the like was one of the biggest partial wake locks (sorry if I'm using this In the wrong context, still learning what wake locks are) so I googled that rebooted with sound on and disabled some settings where it makes lock screen sounds and key sounds. So far that got rid of the problem for the last 3 hours.

Now it looks as of there is still something keeping it awake but if I look at that app it says the longest partial wake lock was 13 mins within that 3 hours. So I guess I might have fixed it. Hopefully battery life will be good next charge cycle.

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Finding what's causing this drain has been awful. Found out soundout_2 or something of the like was one of the biggest partial wake locks (sorry if I'm using this In the wrong context, still learning what wake locks are) so I googled that rebooted with sound on and disabled some settings where it makes lock screen sounds and key sounds. So far that got rid of the problem for the last 3 hours.

Now it looks as of there is still something keeping it awake but if I look at that app it says the longest partial wake lock was 13 mins within that 3 hours. So I guess I might have fixed it. Hopefully battery life will be good next charge cycle.

nice recon work. you know, googlenow will do some processes when your phones asleep, i think syncing with weather and everything if you havent messed with its settings. i been running rootbox for a while now, so idk about how that affects 3.2.8.

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
nice recon work. you know, googlenow will do some processes when your phones asleep, i think syncing with weather and everything if you havent messed with its settings. i been running rootbox for a while now, so idk about how that affects 3.2.8.

Yeah I think I'll contribute Google now with that and some other stuff. But it looks like its not nearly as bad as it was when it goes to sleep now.

solointegra93

Jan 16, 2010
Queens
**FIRST POST** hi everyone, first id like to thank the devs for their hard work throughout the years for bringing us custom roms, mods, apps etc. spending countless hours fixing and tweaking to bring us the best. :):)

i come to u today because for the life of me i cant get my camera and torch to work. ive read and reread and no mentions of a camera/torch problem so i figure i must be doin something wrong. ive wiped, formatted, internal,external sd formatted the heck outta my phone and still nothing. im using the 3.2.8 rom, no changes to kernal, or anything. ive even redownloaded the file from the first page and nothing. ive been running miui since the hd2 days and havent looked back. new phone fresh miui install:D:D:D. any help would be appreciated in this matter...?? i may just have to wait till the next update to see if my problem fixes itself. THANX

miui 3.2.8 fresh (NO MODS)

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
**FIRST POST** hi everyone, first id like to thank the devs for their hard work throughout the years for bringing us custom roms, mods, apps etc. spending countless hours fixing and tweaking to bring us the best. :):)

i come to u today because for the life of me i cant get my camera and torch to work. ive read and reread and no mentions of a camera/torch problem so i figure i must be doin something wrong. ive wiped, formatted, internal,external sd formatted the heck outta my phone and still nothing. im using the 3.2.8 rom, no changes to kernal, or anything. ive even redownloaded the file from the first page and nothing. ive been running miui since the hd2 days and havent looked back. new phone fresh miui install:D:D:D. any help would be appreciated in this matter...?? i may just have to wait till the next update to see if my problem fixes itself. THANX

What recovery are you using? I find it best to use twrp

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah

Well u don't need to format any SD cards. In clockwork- wipe data-factory reset. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik cache. In twrp - wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Flash necessary gapps. If u follow that, u should have no issues. If that's the route u took and it still doesn't work, then I would Odin to stock and restart from there.

recoil

Dec 28, 2006
Google Voice

Could anyone elaborate why Google Voice won't work with MIUI this has been an issue for quiet some time and still there is no fix, why is it so hard to fix? Thank you in advance.

solointegra93

Jan 16, 2010
Queens
I only use twrp as well.....I find it easier to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

im using CWM 6.0.2.3....i was originally using twrp and figured that was bad but it gave me the same result. ive flashed other cm10 builds and the camera and torch work fine. i even tried taking the .apk from the current cm10.1 build and nothing. idk...may just be my bad luck. im going to flash an older build and see the results, if it works, then update to 3.2.8. thanx for your help guys.....crossing my fingers:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

btw the message im getting says "cannot connect to camera"

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
im using CWM 6.0.2.3....i was originally using twrp and figured that was bad but it gave me the same result. ive flashed other cm10 builds and the camera and torch work fine. i even tried taking the .apk from the current cm10.1 build and nothing. idk...may just be my bad luck. im going to flash an older build and see the results, if it works, then update to 3.2.8. thanx for your help guys.....crossing my fingers:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

btw the message im getting says "cannot connect to camera"

Try just installing this http://www.mediafire.com/?v4hddnh2vnlhbmo. Install it from cwm or twrp. After you intall it wipe the caches and reboot..

Last edited:

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011
Wow. The multiple text messages is driving me insane. I keep getting multiple texts by the same person. It repeats periodically and it doesn't seem like anything I'm doing is triggering it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For TMobile Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!
    I changed the build.prop and updater script to reflect T Mobile from my AT&T build.
    If you have any issues let me know just encase I missed something

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m73lhljpctelok5

GApps

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Change Log
    Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.1.11

Not much has changed

Hello Ppl.

Take a moment and read this. :) MIUIv5 For your Phone Coming SOON :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41056649&postcount=87
    So..................this is where I'm at. I ported Miui 3.2.8 over, works nice. As for the other options...
    I got toolbox working for hiding the status bar and removing icon labels, so I'm happy here. I can't get it working yet for the center clock, but I have control panel suite working which does the same thing with other options so not a bad alternative. I'm going to see if I can roll all of this into one package before I release, but I will release something over the next few days....
    Will you be continuing to port for us?

Probably....I really do like MIUI.....
    Hopefully I will have an update out by tomorrow...Just waiting on the toolbox....