Attempting to Unroot to Update to ZVC

Search This thread

Madolinn

Feb 13, 2014
Today I was pretty much fed up with the constant amount of messages being stuck in "sending...." and even the ones that after half a second "failed to send", so I decided I'd try and update my phone again.

Stock rom, Fiddy619 rooted.

So I go into magical SuperSU and click the Full Unroot button. Success. Reboot phone. Check for software update, oh poor dead Android guy. 1 minute later, phone reboots, back to square 1 with "partial" root and no SuperSU.

Okay, so I rerun Fiddy619. Success. Go to apps. No SuperSU. So I push it on over from my computer, install. SuperSU boots up. "A new Binary is -" SuperSU has stopped. Open it up, SuperSU has stopped. SuperSU has stopped. SuperSU has stopped. Okay. So I get it open, hurry up and update. Success. No more annoying messages.

Well lets check out Adfree.. Thinking.. SuperSU has stopped. Well that's great. So now SuperSU is broken but I'm still rooted.

All I wanted to do was unroot, update. Nothing more. So where should I go about from here? SuperSU is broken and Freegee doesn't load, just resets my phone after hanging it for a minute.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Today I was pretty much fed up with the constant amount of messages being stuck in "sending...." and even the ones that after half a second "failed to send", so I decided I'd try and update my phone again.

Stock rom, Fiddy619 rooted.

So I go into magical SuperSU and click the Full Unroot button. Success. Reboot phone. Check for software update, oh poor dead Android guy. 1 minute later, phone reboots, back to square 1 with "partial" root and no SuperSU.

Okay, so I rerun Fiddy619. Success. Go to apps. No SuperSU. So I push it on over from my computer, install. SuperSU boots up. "A new Binary is -" SuperSU has stopped. Open it up, SuperSU has stopped. SuperSU has stopped. SuperSU has stopped. Okay. So I get it open, hurry up and update. Success. No more annoying messages.

Well lets check out Adfree.. Thinking.. SuperSU has stopped. Well that's great. So now SuperSU is broken but I'm still rooted.

All I wanted to do was unroot, update. Nothing more. So where should I go about from here? SuperSU is broken and Freegee doesn't load, just resets my phone after hanging it for a minute.
You don't have to unroot. Just take thre update. There's a guide here if you need it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050582

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Madolinn

Feb 13, 2014
After installing Freegee I never got it to properly load. It would just crash, so I had assumed it wasn't working properly.

As of right now it seems like I'm stuck unrooted, but I still can't take the OTA update. Whenever an app would normally ask for SuperSU permission, it crashes, and the app hangs. Opening Freegee just resets my phone.

The thread doesn't really help because I did follow those directions, but I don't have a custom loader or recovery. It's pure stock+root (now in limbo of rooted).

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
After installing Freegee I never got it to properly load. It would just crash, so I had assumed it wasn't working properly.

As of right now it seems like I'm stuck unrooted, but I still can't take the OTA update. Whenever an app would normally ask for SuperSU permission, it crashes, and the app hangs. Opening Freegee just resets my phone.

The thread doesn't really help because I did follow those directions, but I don't have a custom loader or recovery. It's pure stock+root (now in limbo of rooted).

What recovery do you have? Stock? Or when you installed FreeGee did you load TWRP or CWM?

Madolinn

Feb 13, 2014
My recovery is stock. When I installed Freegee it never even loaded for me to be able to install TWRP, it just simply crashed right away..

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
My recovery is stock. When I installed Freegee it never even loaded for me to be able to install TWRP, it just simply crashed right away..

OK. So have you removed any apps when you were rooted?
Also, theres a link to Framaroot in that guide. Try it if you haven't already. Right now we just have to get root so you can install FreeGee and a recovery so you can just flash a stock Rom.

Madolinn

Feb 13, 2014
No I did not remove any of the bloatware or system apps when I was rooted.

Framaroot worked, installed Superuser and now my Root Browser functions so yes, it is now recognizing that it's rooted.

I'll now reinstall FreeGee and see what comes of it.

Madolinn

Feb 13, 2014
FreeGee has been installed and has booted up properly.
Installed TWRP.
Rebooted.

Checked for Software update, says my system is up to date. Software information still says I'm at ZVB, however.

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Installed TWRP.
Rebooted.

Checked for Software update, says my system is up to date. Software information still says I'm at ZVB, however.

Save yourself the hassle. Flash this in TWRP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536636 Its stock zvc.
You probably don't need the radio zip. But it won't hurt either. Go to the teeny bin thread in Development and get the zvc radio. It seems to be the same as zvb though.

Reactions: Madolinn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installed TWRP.
    Rebooted.

Save yourself the hassle. Flash this in TWRP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536636 Its stock zvc.
    You probably don't need the radio zip. But it won't hurt either. Go to the teeny bin thread in Development and get the zvc radio. It seems to be the same as zvb though.

Alright, downloading both right now. Thank you very much. :good: